PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi Reply To Yaustar and others

D0N
September 13th, 2006, 16:11
Since the orginal thread was locked..I will post a reply here...

I rechecked over the code
- Zions animation code is there as approved
- Evilmana's Jumping and Shooting code is there WITHOUT credit
- Why is my coding style in there for the health bar? AFAIK, no one else pre fixes variable names with the variable type besides me. It also doesn't match the coding style of the rest of the code.

Beyond code taken from other sources, there isn't much that is original besides the implementation. Of course this only can be told due to the fact that I can see the source, if this was in a complied language, I wouldn't have seen any of this.

I am also giving BOD since this is version 0.1.

Ok I'm sorry about not crediting evilmana. I was in a hurry and forgot to credit them.

About the health bar..it's the same one as from the "mistake" Shinobi..

And what do you mean by "BOD"?

Also, who made the shinobi sprite?

The sprites are from the genesis game..this will be changed in the next version..if i can continue it.

Please reply quickly as I need to know what will haooen next and if I can continue coding my game or not

yaustar
September 13th, 2006, 17:14
BOD = Benefit of Doubt.

In regards to my coding style, I am just curious in why it is there in that small section of code. It looks like it is from my animation sample but incomplete.

And why are you in a hurry anyway the contest doesn't end till DECEMBER.

D0N
September 13th, 2006, 17:15
Oh right..so what happens now? Can i continue with it?

yaustar
September 13th, 2006, 17:17
It means, keep working on it and don't release it until you have to since the contest doesn't end till DECEMBER.

D0N
September 13th, 2006, 17:19
BOD = Benefit of Doubt.

In regards to my coding style, I am just curious in why it is there in that small section of code. It looks like it is from my animation sample but incomplete.

And why are you in a hurry anyway the contest doesn't end till DECEMBER.

It is from your animation sample..I didn't get time to finish it

Im not in a hurry..Im just releasing it as a new game :)

So could I have my LUA coder status then?

It means, keep working on it and don't release it until you have to since the contest doesn't end till DECEMBER.

Cool, thanks man..Im continuing it now :)

yaustar
September 13th, 2006, 17:24
You are posting in the Lua developers area which means you already have that status.

D0N
September 13th, 2006, 17:26
Well I havent got the "Lua Coder" title..

yaustar
September 13th, 2006, 17:52
Well change it in your control panel.

D0N
September 13th, 2006, 17:54
I'm not a member of the staff..I can't change it

EDIT: Doesnt matter..I asked DS to change it for me

Kaiser
September 14th, 2006, 05:02
Okay it seems yaustar handled this pretty well.

You really should take your time. Make sure your next release has all these problems covered. This includes the removal of any copyrighted material.

D0N
September 14th, 2006, 16:17
Yeah I'm going to take my time now but I'm just going to release v0.1b which will have all these problems covered and then I'll work on it and release it nearer to the deadline. Also Im re-making the Shinobi sprites myself.

Here's what Shinobi looks like now:-

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/mehnas/left1.png

The way that Shinobi looks like now is better..but is it alright and can i put these in my game and enter it into the compo?