PDA

View Full Version : To all Developers etc

wraggster
August 25th, 2004, 16:13
You will no doubt see this soon

Important note:
---------------
I'd like to mention here a few people that didn't help, their negative, unrespectful and ungrateful attitude is a shame for the DC scene.
Here they are: Wraggster, souLLy, ace, Ender, Butters and Christuserloeser.
There were probably some more people but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
Also dcemulation.com and dcemu.co.uk tend to bash some devvers for personnal reasons, so if you are a devver willing to contribute i don't recommand these places.

Id like to say that ive always supported Dreamcast Developers and the person who wrote that isnt the nicest of people anyway.

Anything anyone needs just hollar :)

quzar
August 25th, 2004, 16:20
he has attitude issues. seriously. if everything doesnt go EXACTLY his way he throws tantrums. I remember when it happened (nobody else seems to) with NeoCD. He helped Ian with some saving code, and then when someone said it ate their VMU, he demanded his name to be taken off the credits.

DCDayDreamer
August 25th, 2004, 16:52
>:(Who wrote that?

Skyhawk, Curt and me are working working with Christuserloeser over at DCEvo and Chris is putting a lot of effort in making images for the site (and I mean a LOT), ok we're not devvers but we're only here to support and promote those guys and their creations.

What's souLLy, ace, Ender and Butters done to this guy?

We all know Wraggs is ungrateful, when did he do anything for the scene anyway? perhaps if he made a DC site or two then that might help ;D

DCDayDreamer tries a google search for DCEvo's founder

wraggster
August 25th, 2004, 17:09
lol

DCDayDreamer
August 25th, 2004, 17:15
Just seen the post...
I can't believe that was actually put in a readme file with a download, are these guys trying to split the DC scene or something?

souLLy
August 25th, 2004, 18:25
i expect no better than this from him. ::) i would flame him but i know i'm preaching to the converted, you all know what he is. The only people who have respect for him are n00bs who quietly ignore his nasty behaviour because they like the fact thet he releases lots of dreamcast stuff... i won't even get into talking about his coding... metafox has said it better than me on numerous occasions.

how petty to single me out too.

wraggster
August 25th, 2004, 18:40
i removed the offending words from the read me anyway.

Even Ian Michael removed the words from his RadQuake update.

Sad to see that Speud is like that.

souLLy
August 25th, 2004, 18:50
oh it was speud? there was me thinking it was reaper... so he's whinging about how i thought it was petty and whingy how he acted. hes proved me right.

Darksaviour69
August 25th, 2004, 20:08
i thought speud was an alright guy (well from the little i know of him from here and boob)..... i really can't belive he said that.

i don't think Ian a bad lad, he might have taken things a bit thick in the past, and made a few mistake, but in the end i think he tries his best to do the right thing.

quzar
August 25th, 2004, 21:05
i thought speud was an alright guy (well from the little i know of him from here and boob)..... i really can't belive he said that.

i don't think Ian a bad lad, he might have taken things a bit thick in the past, and *made a few mistake, but in the end i think he tries his best to do the right thing. *

he really is a good guy. i mean, comon, he has been putting up with speud just so that we could all get this improved RADquake. (yea, he doesnt care too much for him neither last time i checked)

Kamjin
August 25th, 2004, 22:51
I'd like to tackle the Ian thing first, I think he's a really nice guy as well, just he lets things get to him too easily. He's gotta ignore the crap, and not think that he actually has to defend himself for anything. He ows nothing to anyone.
Although he handled himself quite well with the kermit incident.

As for the topic..
I don't get this at all.. I think it's when people loose sight that this isn't some sort of competition.. well there are competitions, but come on.. this is just a hobby, a virtual world were the boys hang out a pull back some pints, and have a bit of fun..

Take Hola.. I think he's a great guy, and I really have a blast arguing with him..

souLLy
August 26th, 2004, 01:48
this speud business was in reponse to this:

http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=54363

speud was acting pretty nasty all round, maybe it wasn't my place to comment but i did think he was being just a bit too rude for anyone to put up with... coder or not.

LyonHrt
August 26th, 2004, 02:29
Yeah, pitty there arn't any admins with the balls to ban him, even if its just a week for his behaviour, offending staff, abusive comments to other members. ::)

Christuserloeser
August 26th, 2004, 05:59
Important note:
---------------
I'd like to mention here a few people that didn't help, their negative, unrespectful and ungrateful attitude is a shame for the DC scene.
Here they are: Wraggster, souLLy, ace, Ender, Butters and Christuserloeser.
There were probably some more people but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
Also dcemulation.com and dcemu.co.uk tend to bash some devvers for personnal reasons, so if you are a devver willing to contribute i don't recommand these places.

I feel honored in some ways ;D mentioned in a row with Wraggy, souLLy, ace, Ender and Butters. Nice 8)

But I really did flame him! I PMed him after I recognized his answers in the topic that souLLy linked above :D

Chris

MetaFox
August 26th, 2004, 12:09
I've taken down truthteller2k2. This feud business is silly. I don't want to be a part of it anymore.

Like DCDayDreamer says, feuds just split the community, and that's the last thing I want to do. The only person that's been hurt by the feud is myself.

DCDayDreamer
August 26th, 2004, 14:08
We're all led to believe wisdom comes with age...
looks like you've learned another valuable lesson within the 'hobbyist community' along with myself.

You know I find it really hard to type something sensible looking at that avatar Metafox.

Now let's get some fun back into this scene :-*

curt_grymala
August 26th, 2004, 14:20
Yeah - I've seen this mentioned on a few other sites, as well. It really is unfortunate that Speud feels that way, but I think the best thing we can do is simply ignore it.

And - as far as Ian Micheal goes, I think it's kind of wrong at this point to put he and Speud in the same category anymore. Ian really is a good guy. He tries very hard, and is simply too eager to please. If he doesn't feel he's pleased someone, then he gets upset about it, and flies off the handle for a short time. He comes back, though, and is always fairly nice. He's never been anything but nice to me.

Speud, on the other hand, has always been a pretty big jerk. I was the first to point out his irrational behaviour over at DCEmulation, and everyone told me I was overreacting. A few months later, everyone else started to notice the same things I had. I think Speud is intentionally malicious toward a lot of people, and that puts him in an entirely different category than Ian Micheal.

Ian Micheal genuinely wants to help and to please. Speud just wants credit for everything.

DCDayDreamer
August 26th, 2004, 14:49
I understand what you're saying about Ian Curt, and this is the worst thing for him Being involved with the release, maybe both these guys just need to turn off their PC's for a min and take a look outside at the real world.

Anyway, being a little bored I just thought I'd take a look at some recent dcemulation topics, it's funny this thing all started so close to this topic:

http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=55621

I know I shouldn't quote anyone here but this was just too much temptation for my sense of humour...

using RADquake for a commercial release without even contacting people who worked on the project (and there are quite a lot) to offer them a sort of "reward" would really be a bad idea to me. like phantom said, it would be legal though, its all about respect, morality and professionalism here.

I've got to go now, my eyes are getting blurred with the tears, if I look at the word 'professionalism' any more I'll fall off my chair.

quzar
August 26th, 2004, 18:04
I've taken down truthteller2k2. *This feud business is silly. *I don't want to be a part of it anymore.

Today i have gained some respect for you. I'm glad to see you are finally stopping with that.

MetaFox
August 26th, 2004, 18:41
Today i have gained some respect for you. I'm glad to see you are finally stopping with that.The only person I've changed with that page was myself, and I didn't like the person I became. I gained some of the traits that I despised so much.

I'm sticking with helping out the community through positivity from now on.

souLLy
August 26th, 2004, 18:58
i don't like being involved in this at all. bizarre that a post on a message board saying calm down and take some deep breaths got me mentioned in a readme... when all my past work in the scene has never done so ::) heh.

curt_grymala
August 26th, 2004, 19:01
Don't worry souLLy. If I ever release anything, I'll list you in the readme. ;D

souLLy
August 26th, 2004, 19:08
heh im playing ;) i think its funny really, i'd forgotten about it all- guess he holds grudges. :-/

in all honesty wragg i wouldn't bother, he's unlikely to post here anymore- and i don't think the whole thing is having the effect he intended, rather than stirring up crap against the site and the people he mentioned he's just made himself look pedantic and petty- it's really not worth all the bother.

lantus
August 26th, 2004, 23:34
jesus christ what a soap opera

still - it was fun to kill some time at work reading :)

Ender
August 27th, 2004, 12:24
Where did he post this?

And all I really said is that he shouldn't take things out on team members in public...

But whatever. Not a bad list to be included in.

curt_grymala
August 27th, 2004, 15:18
Where did he post this?

It's in the readme that came with the Final version of RadQuake.

LyonHrt
August 27th, 2004, 17:47
i don't like being involved in this at all. bizarre that a post on a message board saying calm down and take some deep breaths got me mentioned in a readme... when all my past work in the scene has never done so *::) heh.

Thats exatly my thoughts, i saw everything that was happening, but decided not to get involved, i saw that there was not really anything i could say that would change the situation, so i never posted.

The thing here though, is sometimes you need :( to get involved to save the person from themselves, if speud had calmed down, then he wouldn't be in such trouble as he is now :(
(sorry if that didn't make sence, been drinking)