PDA

View Full Version : The buzz on Madden Wii's multiplayer

wraggster
September 13th, 2006, 22:39
Speaking to IGN, Madden NFL 07 for Wii Producer Jason Armenise revealed the football title's two-on-two multiplayer mode. Schoolyard rules apply, including the five-Mississippi rush (also known as bananas or steamboats, apparently). Drumming the controller up and down causes the defensive end on screen to count "one Mississippi, two Mississippi, ..." -- drum faster and the count speeds up.

The most intriguing addition, however, is the buzz communication system. While on the offense, players can tap the A button on their Wii remote and cause their partner's controller to vibrate accordingly -- it's up to the partners to decide ahead of time what each rumbled message means. Devious usages aside, why hasn't anyone every thought of this before? We like the idea, but fear the ramifications of confusing Morse code transmissions:

"You buzzed once!"

"I know, dude. One buzz means go left!"

"No, it means I'm going run so you gotta cover me!"

"No, dude, that's two short buzzes, a long buzz, and another short buzz!"

"Aww, [buzz] off!"

Adrenalin
September 14th, 2006, 05:41
Speaking to IGN, Madden NFL 07 for Wii Producer Jason Armenise revealed the football title's two-on-two multiplayer mode. Schoolyard rules apply, including the five-Mississippi rush (also known as bananas or steamboats, apparently). Drumming the controller up and down causes the defensive end on screen to count "one Mississippi, two Mississippi, ..." -- drum faster and the count speeds up.

The most intriguing addition, however, is the buzz communication system. While on the offense, players can tap the A button on their Wii remote and cause their partner's controller to vibrate accordingly -- it's up to the partners to decide ahead of time what each rumbled message means. Devious usages aside, why hasn't anyone every thought of this before? We like the idea, but fear the ramifications of confusing Morse code transmissions:

"You buzzed once!"

"I know, dude. One buzz means go left!"

"No, it means I'm going run so you gotta cover me!"

"No, dude, that's two short buzzes, a long buzz, and another short buzz!"

"Aww, [buzz] off!"

heh, that was quite funny

Video_freak
September 14th, 2006, 05:42
This is going to be awesome! :)