PDA

View Full Version : MS: Core gamers never hated Kinect

wraggster
June 14th, 2011, 15:08
Microsoft has refuted the idea that core gamers were ever disapproving about Kinect - suggesting instead that they merely wanted the motion device to feature in their favourite games.

The platform holder used its E3 conference last Monday to show off a host of games that it believes will be 'Better With Kinect' - including BioWare's Mass Effect 3 and Ubisoft's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Speaking to an audience after the firm's E3 showcase, Microsoft's Kinect maestro Kudo Tsunoda said: "I mean, I never really thought that core gamers were in any way hostile to Kinect. People saying: 'Wow, we'd really love to have Kinect in the games that we love to play and the genres and types of games we like to enjoy,'... to me that's saying like: 'We really love Kinect, and we'd like Kinect to be in the experiences that we play regularly.' I never really looked on it as something that we needed to address.

He added: "The number of Kinect experiences we're going to have are going to triple by the end of the year, so there's going to be more different types of experiences in more different types of genres.

"Let's face it, I've been playing games since I was like five-years-old. If there's anybody who is a core gamer, it is me and I'm just happy that Kinect and developers are excited enough about Kinect - and that core gamers are excited enough about Kinect - to have the technology showing up in all different types of games.

"I think that's one of the real strengths of Xbox: It doesn't matter what kind of person you are, a core gamer or a non-core gamer, if you like controllers or you want to play controller-free, we really make it so people can play games the way they want on our console, and developers can build experiences on the way that they want on our console.

"Again, I never really looked on it as core gamers being hostile. A bunch of people saying: 'Hey we'd really like to have this stuff in our games,' - to me that's much more something that makes me feel good about the technology."'

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306942/news/ms-core-gamers-never-hated-kinect/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS