PDA

View Full Version : PSN hack: Do you still trust Sony's network?

wraggster
June 27th, 2011, 20:59
The dust has now well and truly settled on the PlayStation Network hack that brought Sony's online service to its knees for nearly four weeks.

The PlayStation Store is now finally back online, too - except in Japan - and gamers have been welcomed back with a generous bundle of goodies from the platform holder.

Sony itself is promising that it is now "hyper vigilant" for any sign of illegal activity on PSN. But how do you feel?

Can you still trust Sony with your credit/debit card details - or do you suffer a pang of worry whenever you type those ultra-personal details into the Store? Are you avoiding purchases on PSN at all?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/309239/psn-hack-do-you-still-trust-sonys-network/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Fonixx
June 27th, 2011, 23:55
Apparently most of the Sony staff creating the FW, PSN, Security etc are all just relatively clever people who are book smart on the subject when they should be poaching hackers because obviously they the ones who were born with their brains wired up to do this better than anyone. So just cos their hand was forced into a 1 off improval of security doesn't mean they've changed, so until i start to get the feeling they doing more than what seemed the absolute minimum they were then i will keep using PSN but only with my second credit card without enough limit to cause any real damage.