PDA

View Full Version : CPS2 help

luis_05
September 14th, 2006, 06:44
ok, here is my problem

I was able to play fine x-men vs. street fighter on the precvious version of this great CPS2 emu, but on the new one, it cannot open it, i was reading a post and is said that u needed both the us and euro version, is this true? and if its what do i need to play x-men vs. streeet fighter on the new version? thanks

jwilds73
September 14th, 2006, 06:55
Ok your not giving anywhere enough detail. Anyway's did you reconvert your roms with the newest converter build? Also you don't need both roms you should simply be able to add a u to the end of most roms and get the emulator to recognize and boot it. So name the rom mvscu.zip and it should boot. Also you can use clrmame and other rom checking programs to rebuild your roms correctly. So you have all the appropriate files for the us version in one zip file. Many roms your download don't have their files named correctly or may be bootlegs you need to check the integrity of the rom (aka: make sure it has the correct files) and once you've rebuilt them and properly named them they will run without problem. Again I've been able to download some roms to test and simply rename them with a u.zip at the end and get them to work.

ACID
September 14th, 2006, 06:59
did you use the converter of the new emu.

luis_05
September 14th, 2006, 07:17
thanks a million dude!! im playing it as we speak!! thanks again!!! :-)