PDA

View Full Version : Euro Wii in March 2007?

wraggster
September 14th, 2006, 21:55
Looks like Europe might be losing out yet again - Argos has updated its website with a banner advertising the "March 2007" launch of Nintendo Wii.

You can see the offending graphic at the top of its games section. Reports suggest it used to say "Winter 2006".

There is a slight glimmer of hope in this, however, as it was only last week that Nintendo UK boss David Yarnton claimed that a November 24th date/GBP 149 price report being bandied around for the European launch was "not far off".

Pessimists will of course point out that it wasn't clear whether he was referring to the date or the price.

Nintendo is holding a press conference in London at 12PM BST on Friday to announce its European plans for Wii, having given the console a November 19th US and a December 2nd Japanese date on Thursday.

Watch out for some purple words if things go according to Argos' update.

JKKDARK
September 14th, 2006, 23:22
I hate nintendo :mad:

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 01:06
Tough to Europe....

CrackA
September 15th, 2006, 10:58
i dont think so.

check: http://www.argos-email.co.uk/preregister/wii/

now check: http://www.argos-email.co.uk/preregister/ps3/

it only says march on the ps3 page, anyway all will be wii-vealed today

Meekasko
September 15th, 2006, 11:56
I'm still confident the Wii will launch before Christmas in Europe, it'd be a crazy decision not to. They continuously mention how many units they have ready to ship for a 'worldwide' launch.

The last thing they want is to have to go head to head with Sony launching the PS3 in Europe in March.

The Nintendo marketing machine has so much momentum at the moment with all the positive press for the Wii and all the negative announcements from Sony about prices and late launch dates, it'd be a huge blow for them not be in a position to launch this year in Europe.

Hopefully we'll find out in the next half hour or so anyway. Fingers crossed!