PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Wii Delayed For Europe Until 2007

wraggster
September 14th, 2006, 22:21
According to the Argos website — probably best described as a sort of UK and Irish Wal-Mart where you order everything by catalogue and then sit on your ass for half an hour, waiting for it to emerge from the warehouse — the Wii release date is going to be March, 2007.

Just a few days ago, though, the banner apparently read 'Winter, 2006'.

Before panic commences for us Euro-types, this is really the equivalent of any retailer's random prediction for console or game release dates: highly suspect.

What makes Argos' speculation so troubling is it comes a mere 16 hours before the UK Nintendo presser, when the Wii's Europe launch date and price will be announced. Worse yet, it essentially mirrors the disappointment gamers got earlier this month when it was announced that the PS3 would be delayed in Europe for an additional 4 months.

As soon as we hear one way or another on this rumor, we'll let you know. If true, though, man... Microsoft's just going to own Europe this Sinterklaas.

SSaxdude
September 14th, 2006, 23:03
If this is true, then hardware makers must hate Europe.

JKKDARK
September 14th, 2006, 23:14
I can't believe :(

Kramer
September 15th, 2006, 07:39
this sucks if it's true but im stil going to wait.

dejkirkby
September 15th, 2006, 07:51
Argos are notorious for BS'ing when it comes to release dates. So I'm not worried... yet.

Meekasko
September 15th, 2006, 10:23
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much yet, Argos aren't exactly a reliable source and I'm sure many other places would know about it too, if it was true.

If it is true, then that's a major error. Fortunately I have a friend in Japan until Dec 20th so I may have to kindly ask him to bring an extra one back :D ...that or take a risk with eBay!

CrackA
September 15th, 2006, 10:51
i dont think its true. they might be mistaken with sony, they mixed wii details with sony details when they email me.