PDA

View Full Version : Pandora News -An appointment and boards shipping

wraggster
July 24th, 2011, 22:28
News via http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/4557-an-appointment-and-boards-shipping-2011-07-22/

According to CircuitCo, they shipped the first batch of fully tested and working boards a few days ago (along with a couple of new nubs for me so I can do more replacements myself).
They haven't given us any information yet how many they shipped, so I can't tell you much about that.
The boards should arrive next week, so that's when we know the amount for sure

It also seems they have some clue of why WiFi failed on so many boards, we're waiting for their conclusion - and you can be sure I'll let you know.

Moving the production to Germany is also making progress. Some companies are working on the quotation (takes about 3 - 4 weeks, it's complicated board) and I'm visiting one promising-looking company near Munich next Wednesday.
If I'm allowed to take pictures of their production site, I'll post some as well here.
As mentioned I'm working together with the GTA04 guys. We found our devices share quite a few parts, which mean we can probably order together in the future to save time and money as well.

I'm doing another newspost for sure on Wednesday after the meeting to tell you how it went.