PDA

View Full Version : Wii news and how the DS was affected

wraggster
September 14th, 2006, 23:26
Nintendo's US press event recently concluded and while all of your Wii information needs have probably been satisfied, nothing else was discussed about Wii-DS connectivity. We know that Iwata already said that the WiiConnect24 service could be used to download content to the DS, whether it be a demo or something else, and also that the DS could also be used as a controller through the Wii's menu interface, but this was not demonstrated at the event or further discussed there.

So what does this mean? Probably nothing. We should still see Nintendo's handheld play a large role in the Wii's interactivity and extra content. We should still see the DS downloading demos from the WiiConnect24 service. We should still see the DS being used as a controller to navigate menus in the Wii's interface. Just because Nintendo didn't show any of the features you'll be able to access on the Wii through the DS doesn't mean they aren't coming. We should be seeing and hearing more on the two consoles interacting as the launch date for the Wii draws near.

Via DS Fanboy (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/09/14/wii-news-and-how-the-ds-was-affected/)

kcajblue
September 14th, 2006, 23:40
using the DS as a controller for the Wii would be awesome. :D

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 01:04
using the DS as a controller for the Wii would be awesome. :D
Only if you could use the touch screen! :D

picketf
September 15th, 2006, 03:59
I would bet some of these features are going to be droped to rush the release date of Wii. I still don't understand why Gamecube connectivity ended with the GBA as SP and Micro could have been easily connective with the Cube (or even been promoted to full package with Zelda 4 Swords recycled)

GamerGuyDude
September 15th, 2006, 06:56
I've been wondering what effect FlashMe will have on my DS's connectivity with the Wii. It would be a shame if my flashed DS was unusable.

DaddyCool
September 15th, 2006, 09:47
i guess the gba will be able to link with the Wii through the gamecube ports

ACID
September 15th, 2006, 09:48
I've been wondering what effect FlashMe will have on my DS's connectivity with the Wii. It would be a shame if my flashed DS was unusable.
I hope not cause mine is flashed also.