PDA

View Full Version : Mana Returns on DS

wraggster
September 14th, 2006, 23:51
While we're still waiting for Children of Mana to appear on our shores, Square Enix has gone about announcing a new entry in the series over in Japan. The latest issue of Famitsu is home to first details on Seiken Densetsu: Heroes of Mana, a game that promises an all new style of Mana gameplay.

The Mana series has always featured action-oriented combat, but for Heroes, Square Enix is making the move to real time strategy. Using an air ship as your base, you summon monsters to defeat oncoming enemy attackers.

Battles begin by players sending out a single monster to gather resources from trees and other resource points located on the battle map. Once you have enough resources, you build a facility for summoning a monster, which, once summoned, can be sent out to battle. Each facility can be used to summon one monster.

Once you've built up an army, it's battle time. You first have to send out a single unit to scope out the battle area and find enemies. Once the enemy has been found, you take control of all your army members, giving out specific instructions that are then carried out automatically until either you or the enemy dies, or you enter new commands.

The genre for Heroes of Mana is Strategy RPG, so fans of the series can look forward to lots of story in addition to gameplay. The game's main character is a fella by the name of Roger. A skilled sword combatant, Roger is a combatant in the Pedan Kingdom army. He also has a cheerful personality.

Expect more details on Heroes of Mana to surface from Square Enix's booth at the Tokyo Game Show next week.

Via IGn (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/732/732735p1.html)

JKKDARK
September 14th, 2006, 23:53
Nice! A new Mana game :D

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 00:59
Are the old ones good JKKDARK?

The Hombrew Hunter
September 15th, 2006, 01:49
Feck yes. Secret in paticularnessfoo.

Junixx
September 15th, 2006, 04:00
Are the old ones good JKKDARK?

They are AWESOME lol

ACID
September 15th, 2006, 04:54
They are awesome video you must try them out.

RetroGoth
September 15th, 2006, 05:03
YEAH DONT FORGET FINAL FANTASY ADVENTURE for the gb WHICH IS REALLY SECRET OF MANA part 2 I think

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 05:37
They are awesome video you must try them out.
I'll check them out then. :)

ACID
September 15th, 2006, 06:51
wont regret it.

Payk
September 15th, 2006, 13:27
Maybe they call it Mana game...maybe it has some similar gfx/music style...but for me its not a seiken tentsu game. But i waited long for some realtime strategy action on nds. I will look forward to it!

JKKDARK
September 15th, 2006, 19:01
YEAH DONT FORGET FINAL FANTASY ADVENTURE for the gb WHICH IS REALLY SECRET OF MANA part 2 I think
you wish :P

PlayingKarrde
September 16th, 2006, 07:08
Whats the point of using the Mana franchise for this? Seiken Densetsu has always been about action-orientated role playing. The only consistencies between games are the Mana Tree and Mana sword. Since this is an RTS the Mana Sword won't show up and who really cares about the Tree?

I think its a cheap way for Square to make a new style of game without the risk of creating a new franchise.

Since they're doing it though, as long as I can control a hoard of rabites I'll be satisfied.