PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Brothers DS?

leps
September 15th, 2006, 03:26
i wonder if nintendo is going to make a game like smash brothers....or is there homebrew now similar to that?

kcajblue
September 15th, 2006, 03:27
that would be awesome if they did make one!

JKKDARK
September 15th, 2006, 03:28
Yeah, why not? Maybe in the future..

Shadowblind
Based on the rate SSB games are being made, I'd have to say no :(

But, theres still hope!

And I REALLY hope they do make an SSB for DS, SSBDS!

Junixx
Theres no SSB-like homebrew for DS and i don't think Nintendo has any plans for it right now...not any I've heard of anyway

:Edit:

Wow, four posts almost at the exact same time lol

kcajblue
September 15th, 2006, 03:29
someone should make a homebrew one.

leps
September 15th, 2006, 03:32
i heard jumpstar is sorta like ssb but i never seen the gameplay

pibs
September 15th, 2006, 04:01
is there no way of suggesting this to nintendo or a company?

BrooksyX
September 15th, 2006, 04:29
I originally bought my ds at launch in hope of their being a smash bros game made for it. But when no plans evershowed I traded up for a psp and its homebrew capabilities.

ACID
September 15th, 2006, 04:30
Well there will be one for the WII

stotheamuel
September 15th, 2006, 04:40
i heard they wont make one because of the lake of analog stick.. it makes sense because playing smash bros on an emu with a key board sucks!

BUT I've always thought it could be done with the touch screen

if this was made i would immediatly buy a ds!

Arimasen
September 15th, 2006, 07:55
Well there will be one for the WII
ITT DS not Wii, dumbass.

dejkirkby
September 15th, 2006, 08:00
ITT DS not Wii, dumbass.
Dude, no need for the flaming. This ain't psp-hacks.com you know. He was only saying that SSB is coming out for Wii.

sonikku88
September 15th, 2006, 22:01
Ahem. No homebrew Smash Bros? What about this? \=|

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26454

Please keep in mind that I've not been able to play this game, so correct me if I'm wrong, but nicely. <=D

Junixx
September 15th, 2006, 22:03
Nah that is tactics, its nothing like the actual SSB

GagaMan
September 15th, 2006, 22:19
Maybe they could do an updated port of Smash Bros on the N64? The DS is more or less a upgraded N64 graphics wise, and previous N64 ports have proved successful. Update the graphics and add some characters here and there and bam! SSBDS.

jrsmaster411
September 15th, 2006, 23:19
I thought their was a guilty gear game for the ds that was kinda like ssb

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 23:59
NDS SSMB would rock! I would definently get it. :)

Junixx
September 16th, 2006, 06:13
Maybe they could do an updated port of Smash Bros on the N64? The DS is more or less a upgraded N64 graphics wise, and previous N64 ports have proved successful. Update the graphics and add some characters here and there and bam! SSBDS.

Not possible for 2 reasons:

The DS is LESS powerful than the N64 and theres no way to get the source for that game, no source = no port

ACID
September 16th, 2006, 20:43
ITT DS not Wii, dumbass.
Ok retard if you read mi post in reference to the one before I'm saying that one will come out for the WII. I hope they band you from this site for i notice that since your the creator of systems you think you can insult people. Go back to where you came from you spamer. I know if i was a mod i wont have given you a second chance. You are not helping people your not commentating on whats at issue and your insulting people

Dude, no need for the flaming. This ain't psp-hacks.com you know. He was only saying that SSB is coming out for Wii.
Thank you dejkirkby it shows your one of the group and understand forums. This dude thats all his done insult others.

Crimson_Lotus
September 16th, 2006, 22:25
Jump Superstars is a lot like Super Smash Bros. in retrospect. The gameplay is very similar but it borrows from "Shonen-Jump" which has some awesome characters to enjoy. Naruto and Bleach's Ichigo for example... The level design is sub-par however... The only way to get the game is to import sadly and it has no plans of a United States release.

As far as the DS handling SSB, I can see it happening. After some of the skirmishes I have played in Metroid Prime: Hunters, I am almost positive the game could be toned down to be playable.

With the extensive amounts of fans, it would be insane not to even try... With NDS-Lite sales through the roof, Nintendo should know their sales would be amazing...

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2006, 23:46
Not possible for 2 reasons:

The DS is LESS powerful than the N64 and theres no way to get the source for that game, no source = no port

I think he was refering to a comercial Nintendo and HAL port, which I think is probable as the series has been a money maker for sure.

Junixx
September 17th, 2006, 00:43
I think he was refering to a comercial Nintendo and HAL port, which I think is probable as the series has been a money maker for sure.

Ahhh whoops lol

monaug5
September 18th, 2006, 19:11
check: http://ssbds.11.forumer.com

its the forum of Hyper Clubbing Friends DS a clone of SSB on the ds check and register on the site i am a member of the team by the way!

ACID
September 18th, 2006, 19:14
Nice thanks monaug5

Arimasen
September 20th, 2006, 03:59
Well you know, Nintendo started working on the Wii about 6 months after the launch of the Gamecube, and I think they skipped the DS altogether in terms of Super Smash Bros. They went from the Gamecube right to the Wii. I doubt a DS version will come out.

CampaKaze
September 20th, 2006, 21:16
Hey, dont start doubting, theres been a lot of good games coming out, if a new Handheld Console from Nintendo hasnt been announced being made in like the next year im sure Nintendo will make one, cause their smart and know it would sell. if they wont they will for the next handheld 4 sure.

leps
September 23rd, 2006, 02:26
and the waiting game starts....

BlueStar
September 24th, 2006, 23:24
i would be happy with either ssbds or soul calibur ds. and ive heard rumors about soul calibur.

chemical
September 25th, 2006, 21:21
i would be happy with either ssbds or soul calibur ds. and ive heard rumors about soul calibur.
:eek: I hope so, for both smash and soul caliber, more so soul caliber though, I love Tekken and really want that for DS, but Soul Caliber is good enough for me :p