PDA

View Full Version : Project Norway: a new solution for flash PS3

wraggster
August 1st, 2011, 00:47
After Progskeet and PNM, Judges, members of a forum Psx-scene, comes an adaptation for teensy + +. Quote:

Here is my initial version of a flash for the PS3 called "Norway." I know there are other projects, but I'm impatient, so I decided to create my own solution. It is a port of "noralizer" Hector Martin (marcan), a very good job done to flash the PS3, based on another FPGA (programmable logic circuit).

To use this installation, you must retrieve the archive that contains the elements necessary to flash your NOR: \ teensy \ NORway.avrsln - Source code for the Teensy + + 2.0 (AVR Studio 5.0) \ teensy \ default \ NORway.hex - compiled hex file for Teensy + + 2.0 (AT90USB1286) \ serial_install.exe - Drivers for Windows Teensy \ NORway.py - Python Client You must also have: - Python 2.7.2 - pyserial 2.5 (win32) Use: 1) Install Python and pyserial. 2) Install the drivers. Connect the Teensy. 3) Flash with the "NORway.hex" and restart when finished. 4) Go to Device Manager, expand the line (COM & LPT) you should see something like "USB Serial (Communication Class , Abstract Control Model) (COM4) " Remember the port number. dump procedure: - PS3 off - At the command prompt, type: NORway.py

- Turn on your PS3, it should not start
- At the command prompt, type:
NORway.pyflash.bin dump
- When the dumping is finished enter:
NORway.pyrelease
- Turn off your PS3 (Teensy disconnect it from the PS3 it does not start on reboot) Author's note: Before you flash anything, always check your backup dumps, compare for example CORE_OS_PACKAGE.bin dump your version of PS3update effect on your console. Tested on seven X86, should work under XP. Does not work in 64X, pyserial problem with. Should work with Linux. A tutorial for the downgrade will be released soon. Homepage: PSX-Scene deaphroat Thanks for the information .

http://ps3.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2870