PDA

View Full Version : Sam & Max ponder Wii adventure

wraggster
September 15th, 2006, 15:48
Sam & Max developer Telltale Games would apparently love to bring the detective duo to Nintendo Wii.

According to a report on Worthplaying, the dev's CEO Dan Connors spoke about how Sam & Max would be well-suited to Wii at last month's Penny Arcade Expo 2006. Telltale designer/author Heather Logas also chipped in, saying more or less that the Wii controller would be great for adventure games.

However, apparently Sam & Max's possible appearance on Wii all hangs on Nintendo giving it the thumbs up. We can only wait and see if the Japanese giant does just that.

Sam & Max first appeared in point and click adventure Hit the Road on PC, courtesy of LucasArts, the humour-laden game proving highly popular. Telltale's Sam & Max venture resurrects the dog and rabbit detective pair and is an episodic affair, Episode 1 in a six-episode season debuting for PC next month.

JKKDARK
September 15th, 2006, 18:57
I hope to see screenshots soon..

GagaMan
September 15th, 2006, 19:01
Ooh yes, Point and Click adventures would be great on the Wii. Sounds like a plan =D

pubjoe
September 17th, 2006, 16:51
Nintendo really want to get on this if they are serious about attracting new groups and non-gamers. I know people that have never gamed at all SINCE their last lucasarts adventure, and they are the type of people who could afford a wii easily.

Nintendo should be impressed by the cult status of this game, the online petitions, the disappointment of no sequal. I hope they see sense!