PDA

View Full Version : DS Sells Over 21 Million Consoles Beating Gamecube Already

wraggster
September 15th, 2006, 18:19
The Nintendo DS has surpassed the sales for Gamecube now with sales of over 21 million, not bad for a 2 year old console and the way Nintendo keep delivering the goods and new colours etc, can you see anything stopping it ?

JKKDARK
September 15th, 2006, 18:45
omg poor gamecube..

Junixx
September 15th, 2006, 21:30
I don't see it stopping anytime soon ;)

Ani-Monster
September 15th, 2006, 21:36
uhh

i have 2 cubes and one ds XD

JKKDARK
September 15th, 2006, 21:38
Nintendo is bad for home consoles and good for handheld consoles :P

Shadowblind
September 15th, 2006, 21:48
o_0

I knew gamecube didnt have very good sales, but this is rediculous!

Video_freak
September 16th, 2006, 00:23
That's really sad...

kcajblue
September 16th, 2006, 05:03
I don't see it stopping anytime soon ;)yup. itll never stop. :D

That's really sad...it really is.

razorak
September 16th, 2006, 05:09

i second that!! I've always prefered portable gaming and my first hand held was a nintendo product....my sis as well since she wanted one after one day of seeing me play it...lol

Ani-Monster
September 16th, 2006, 05:31
i still consider the SNES to be the greatest video game system of all time... i still regularly play eartobund, secret of mana, SMRPG: LotSS, Breath of fire, Lufia, E.V.O, etc.

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2006, 06:35

I feel the need to disagree. As someone that has been with nintendo ever since the original system I have to say that the GC is really the first problem nintendo has ever had (not counting that virtual boy crap). NES, SNES, and N64 were all great consoles. And the GC was in fact a great console, it just lacked the support of Final Fantasy girls all you kids seem to be wanking off to :p

But seriously, the DS is a pretty nifty machine and i can see why it would have such success.

kcajblue
September 16th, 2006, 07:45
i still regularly play E.V.O, etc.i remember E.V.O. that game was the best. it was great playing as that fish then evolving into other animals. :D

stotheamuel
September 16th, 2006, 09:49
8 words

the gamecube was the worst nintendo console ever

kcajblue
September 16th, 2006, 09:51
no it wasnt. there were some kickass games for it.

kayhanbakid
September 18th, 2006, 07:06
i usually just buy games I really think i need and i only have 3 for gamecube as opposed to about 20 for ps2. and i got bored of the games rather quickly. i don't think the gamecube was anything special. it's kinda similar to the ps2 but the ps2 has better games. i definitley still play my n64 and snes more than gamecube.

i do have a ds but i find myself playing with my psp more. once i got over how cool it is to touch the screen i just had to go back to my psp homebrew.

with the psp/nds experience in mind, choosiing between wii and ps3 is very difficult. i'll only choose one because of the price. the wii is a lot more innovative but will i get bored of it eventually like th ds. i think the ps3 will look better and have better and have slightly better games. tough decision!!

benn
September 18th, 2006, 09:14
i have a psp but am looking at buying 10 NDS as gift for staff at my work.
i know the psp scene really well but do not really know what the homebrew and mod scene is like on the NDS. before i start spending ages going through the site, can anyone give me any pointers or an overview as to how developed the scene is, what may change in the future.
i know the NDS is getting opera, but what about some PDA functionality?
i want it to be a toy that they can also use in a professional way. is this possible?
thanks