PDA

View Full Version : PaRappa Going Portable

wraggster
September 15th, 2006, 18:32
The original rhythm game is making a return on the PSP. According to the latest Famitsu, Sony Computer Entertainment is working on a remake of the original PaRappa the Rapper for Japanese PSP release this Winter.

"Remake" is the word that Famitsu uses to describe the game. While the screenshots shown in the magazine suggest a similar look to that of the original, the game will reportedly have new elements. Wirelss play will be included, allowing players to compete with one another and share demo presents. Other bonus features are expected as well.

PaRappa was one of the biggest success stories of the original PlayStation era, right along side Toro the cat from Doko Demo Issyo. While the success didn't continue onto the PS2 (PaRappa 2 was somewhat of a flop), we can't wait for a reunion on the PSP

Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/732/732954p1.html)

samidgley
September 15th, 2006, 18:34
If Sony plan on releasing a Psone emulator themselves at any time, why do they continue to port games from it?

JKKDARK
September 15th, 2006, 18:41
Nice news :)

Veskgar
September 15th, 2006, 20:03
I had the original for PS1 and it was pretty fun. That was an interesting point about Sony's PS1 EMU. Maybe it would be better to just get the original for the PS1 EMU....

kcajblue
September 15th, 2006, 22:48
If Sony plan on releasing a Psone emulator themselves at any time, why do they continue to port games from it?because they are in desperate need of money. i think its stupid that sony keeps porting games since they are making the PS1 emulator.

emuking
September 15th, 2006, 23:49
sony is so dumb to port games they will have on the emu

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 23:52
I've never heard of the original. :P

wolfpack
September 16th, 2006, 00:47
i could never beat the demo on the psone, its pretty crappy if ya ask me

samthegreat68
September 16th, 2006, 02:10
i could never beat the demo on the psone, its pretty crappy if ya ask me
haha i could. i was just a wee little kid then. i loved that demo.

gotmilk0112
September 16th, 2006, 02:22
PaRappa the rapper is awesome! i played the demo of it on "Playstation Underground" CD that i had a long long long LONG time ago and then at my step-dad's brother's house i played a sequel to PaRappa the Rapper called "UmJammer Lammy". it was kewl.

cant wait for release. =D

LilSwish722
September 16th, 2006, 04:42
yea lol...i loved the original on the playstation underground disc ...it was fun and i could beat it even though i was like 6 or so...but i played parts of UmJammer Lammy...weird title but still an interesting game...cant wait for the PSP and the PS1 Emu versions

kcajblue
September 16th, 2006, 05:01
I've never heard of the original. :Pcmon Video_freak. youve got to be joking. the original for the PS1 was awesome! :D

BL4Z3D247
September 16th, 2006, 06:20
I've never heard of the original. :P
:eek:, are u serious!!! i only played that game the whole 2 months i had mono NON-STOP(faked a extra week and a half too ;)), one of the games i can't wait to play on PSX-P(if it works) :D

masterpsp2.6
September 16th, 2006, 06:22
the game is going to sux, unless your a kid. hope they have the PS1 Emu out soon!!!

BL4Z3D247
September 16th, 2006, 06:30
the game is going to sux, unless your a kid. hope they have the PS1 Emu out soon!!!
hey i'm 22 and i'd play this coming one just cuz i haven't played the original one in so long

kcajblue
September 16th, 2006, 08:29
the game is going to sux, unless your a kid. hope they have the PS1 Emu out soon!!!age doesnt matter. if you think something is fun. do it. play it. whatever.

samidgley
September 16th, 2006, 13:22
It is a rather ace game. but theoretically it's strange to bring the thing out as a port when there should be an official emulator for it pretty soon

dejkirkby
September 16th, 2006, 13:28
Video Freak I can't believe you have never heard of PaRappa the Rapper. You disappoint me young grasshopper!! LOL

Cloud_35
September 16th, 2006, 15:35
Heard of it but never played it.

Gotta see it then...

:sad:

donne
September 16th, 2006, 17:12
You're kidding.. That must've been one of PSP must play game.. I was at college but I can help having fun with those cardboard-wannabe dudes.. This is definetely a welcome port since mine copy scratched beyond playing.. I wish it has some new tracks and episode since it was way too short.. And I wish I can play it via devhook..