PDA

View Full Version : Killzone: Liberation demo Review

wraggster
September 15th, 2006, 18:56
Heres an excerpt:

This game looks gorgeous. There's no way getting around it, but we've all seen screens and video before, so this comes to no surprise. Developer Guerrilla has definitely paid an extreme amount of attention to detail as they try to get as much horsepower out of the PSP as possible, and the results are simply amazing.

The demo drops you into a Dock level where you basically have to make your way through about a dozen enemies, a few sets of infrared-triggered explosives and deal with a nasty rocket-launching baddie to infiltrate the enemy's base. All in all, it will should take you about 20 minutes to complete after restarting a few times. But after you've mastered it, it will only take a few minutes to get through the level. However, it's enough to show you what the game is all about.

Full review at PSPfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/09/15/psp-fanboy-review-killzone-liberation-demo/)

JKKDARK
September 15th, 2006, 19:11
I will check it...

Kramer
September 15th, 2006, 19:37
this game is going to be good ive played the demo and it was pretty fun.

Apoklepz
September 15th, 2006, 19:42
Oh yeah! I just got this in the mail the other day from Playstation Underground...Can't wait to play it, since I can't at the moment.lol

Veskgar
September 15th, 2006, 20:16
This game is going to be a quality title. I've been playing the DEMO thanks to DevHook although the DEMO is short it gives you a good taste of what is to come in the final game.

You get to play around with grenades, mines, various assault rifles, crossbow that shootsexploding projectiles, sniper rifle, & more. The game has a very clean and polished look & feel and it is not too dark like some PSP games.

The controls are very accurate and easy to pick up. I just found it a little difficult to lock onto enemy targets. My favorite weapons in this demo so far are the Crossbow & the Sniper Rifle.

I guess my only gripe about this game is that the on-screen characters (both you and enemy) are REALLY small. That's probably more to do with the limitations of the PSP though and not a flaw in the game itself.

I can say with 100% certainty that I will be getting this game if it can be played on 1.50.

KingPepper
September 15th, 2006, 20:17
I've just completed the demo, i agree the Graphics are Wonderful & that Crossbow, is Well Funny,
firing a dart at the enemy, & seeing him running around until he Blows up, that is SO FUNNY,
I am going to enjoy this game, if there is ONE problem with the Game that i can see is the Analogue Stick being used for Movement,
Very Difficult to turn your little man around in the direction you require for accurate Shooting......
Apart from that, Excellent Game, 9 out 10 :D

hakibou24
September 15th, 2006, 22:44
great

pspforme!!
September 15th, 2006, 23:49
Is there a downloadable version of the demo?

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 23:55
Oh man this is going to be a PSP hit!

gslop
September 16th, 2006, 04:41
I got the demo in the mail it's pretty sweet!

razorak
September 16th, 2006, 04:50
woah it does look good...esp the screen shots...too abd i can't play them...gaah

Veskgar
September 16th, 2006, 06:35
Is there a downloadable version of the demo?
YES

Yobumtin
September 16th, 2006, 07:16
YES
Where? :( I havn't seen one. :o

Vangar
September 16th, 2006, 08:42
I've got 2 copies of it, but the multiplayer doesn't want to work.

"WHATZUPWITDAT?!?"

Milleniumas
September 16th, 2006, 10:15
send me a demo link or a full demo in my mail: [email protected]

Junior
September 16th, 2006, 11:28
I just wish the designers of the maps will not litter them with barrels and crates to no end like they did in the dock level.

Or place them where it makes no sense, like in a room that doesn't even have doors where they'd fit through :P.

Too many games did that. Time to stop doing that.

emuking
September 16th, 2006, 17:49
this game is going to be really good, i tried the demo and it was 1 of the five best psp games i have ever played, the last good psp game i played was daxter, its good to know that better games are coming to the psp, i cant wait for mgs and silent hill :D

emuking
September 16th, 2006, 17:51
Where? :( I havn't seen one. :o

people ripped the demo and thats all im saying

DPyro
September 16th, 2006, 19:35
I downloaded the demo, its was good :)

emuking
September 17th, 2006, 00:52
I downloaded the demo, its was good :)
:rolleyes: nuff said :)

hiptanaka
September 18th, 2006, 09:08
what firmware does this require?

Kramer
September 18th, 2006, 09:29
2.71 I think

LloydKansas
September 23rd, 2006, 02:04
Definitely can't wait for the full release, the demo is incredibly fun. Kinda reminds me of Metal Gear Solid in a way, mixed with Killzone of course XD I'll be buying this one for sure.