PDA

View Full Version : FireFox, IE, Netscape, Safari, or Opera

Dull Blade
September 15th, 2006, 23:33
Which do you use? FireFox, IE, Netscape, Safari or Opera. If there is any others feel free to mention.

Edit ADmins, please delete, something happedened and it came up twice.

JKKDARK
September 15th, 2006, 23:40
FireFox ;) it is fast. IE really sucks!!1

Video_freak
September 15th, 2006, 23:47
Firefox. :)

beetroot bertie
September 16th, 2006, 00:13
Firefox mostly, but I'm currently using Camino. It's a Mac web browser also by Mozilla but hogs up less CPU than Firefox.

I'm preferring Firefox though.

Hardly touch Safari or IE unless I'm doing any web work and want to check out how pages display.

quzar
September 16th, 2006, 00:41
I'll call this the winner topic because it mentions opera.

Opera FTW. Fastest web browser, lowest memory usage, built in irc, email, adblocking, alternative rendering modes, etc etc etc.

Dull Blade
September 16th, 2006, 01:10
I use Fire fox on my Pc and Opera on my mac. I didn't bother mentioning AOL, because it sucks.

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2006, 02:46
I started using opera a while before i had heard of firefox. I still perfer it on my linux build.

SSaxdude
September 16th, 2006, 03:24
K-Meleon, it's based off Firefox but uses less memory.

pibs
September 16th, 2006, 03:46
firefox no doubt about it :D and i used this websites guide to making it faster.
http://www.hackaday.com/2004/12/26/speed-up-firefox/

ninja9393
September 16th, 2006, 03:48
Firefox

Video_freak
September 16th, 2006, 03:59
firefox no doubt about it :D and i used this websites guide to making it faster.
OMG That works really well! :eek:

pibs
September 16th, 2006, 04:09
ha ur welcome :D

Shane R. Monroe
September 16th, 2006, 06:10
Opera. I can't live without screen scaling - and so far, Opera is the only browser that does it.

http://reviews.monroeworld.com/review.php?id=8

BL4Z3D247
September 16th, 2006, 07:11
firefox!!!! and thanx pibster for that link to the firefox speed up trick, works freakin sweet :D

Cooe14
September 16th, 2006, 07:19
Safari. It works just fine, and I am too lazy to change it.

Tetris999
September 16th, 2006, 07:54
firefox

ninja9393
September 16th, 2006, 09:06
thanks pibster it really works well:D

b8a
September 16th, 2006, 10:24
Safari.

Just what you'd expect from an Apple browser __EVERYTHING__ works fabulously. I use it as my default development browser and it spoils me rotten. No matter what I throw at Safari, it renders it reasonably close to what would be expected. All other browsers have huge quirks that I constantly have to code around. Especially Opera in my experience. I tried it out for a while and all of my (otherwise) tried and tested designs broke miserably in it (And yes, I do practice proper html formatting). I can't recall ever having to change code specifically to accomodate Safari, even before I started using it regularly.

Firefox is pretty good, but it starts to lag fairly quickly under modest JavaScript usage.

Funny that you should say that AOL sucks, since they haven't made their own browser in close to five+ years (the AOL browser is IE on windows, and an actually very decent Gecko based Netscape variant on Mac)

nomi
September 16th, 2006, 10:52
I use IE. i used to use MOZILLA and i thought it sucks!

dejkirkby
September 16th, 2006, 11:07
I just got Firefox on all your recommendations. Hope it works better than IE, cause it is slooooooooow!

SSaxdude
September 16th, 2006, 13:59
My school uses Firefox too.

Rocksil
September 16th, 2006, 14:00
firefox and ie7

dejkirkby
September 16th, 2006, 14:19
Firefox is quite great! thanks guys!!

Accordion
September 16th, 2006, 15:49
isnt safari built up from netscape...i use safari, never stumbled once

Dull Blade
September 16th, 2006, 16:33
My school uses IE, but everyone just downloads firefox, so they can get around the blocked content and for the higher speeds.

oh yes and thaks for the speed up tutorial :)

pibs
September 17th, 2006, 04:38
i havent ran into any problems with the speed up trick but it says sumthing about that it can crash websites cuz ur sending or receiving sum blah blah blah mumbo jumbo to fast but i doubt it.........ive been using it for quite a while already, i was going to make a thread about it a while ago but i just thought i would violate a rule or sumthing for posting another hack site ><

razorak
September 17th, 2006, 05:02
i use firefox for the sites that IE is unable to handle e.g 0okm's blog. It always seem to crash my IE...lol

Junixx
September 17th, 2006, 05:39
I use IE. i used to use MOZILLA and i thought it sucks!

Heh you might think that until you get an infection of spyware or adware due to the exploits in IE ;)

Firefox FTW

pibs
September 17th, 2006, 08:13
hey have u heard of that whole firefox day or some thing like that?

Shilo
September 17th, 2006, 23:46
I mostly use Fire Fox and for those few sites that don't work on Fire Fox, I use IE.

Kramer
September 17th, 2006, 23:56
I mainly use Firefox but for some reason I like to use Opera sometimes.

Thanks for the link pibster.

Cap'n 1time
September 18th, 2006, 15:54
You Fire Fox users really should give Opera a try. www.opera.com
Much like Mozilla and its sister, its based on Netscape. The difference is that opera used to be commercial, but it was actually worth the purchase back in the day. Now its free. You all have heard of it because Opera working with nintendo to bring its browser to the Wii and the Nintendo DS.

Now I am not suggesting that Firefox is unstable exactly, but Opera is much more stable. Check it out.

Darksaviour69
September 19th, 2006, 09:16
i have opera installed, but i never use, for some reason 9 bar once or twice). i think its because there is a huge difference between i.e. and firefox but not so much between firefox and opera

dejkirkby
September 19th, 2006, 09:22
Gonna try Opera. See what the fuss is all about.

Ok, I downloaded it. It said I couldn't use it because someone else was using the same copy. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Same thing. Oh, well. Never mind.

ACID
September 19th, 2006, 09:57
Netscape With aol.

quzar
September 19th, 2006, 10:12
Gonna try Opera. See what the fuss is all about.

Ok, I downloaded it. It said I couldn't use it because someone else was using the same copy. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Same thing. Oh, well. Never mind.

Um... when you first start opera up it takes a bit to start, so when you click on it like 5 times, it tells you that you already have it running. If you just wait for a bit it'll start up properly so you can try it =P

dejkirkby
September 19th, 2006, 10:16
Um... when you first start opera up it takes a bit to start, so when you click on it like 5 times, it tells you that you already have it running. If you just wait for a bit it'll start up properly so you can try it =P
I'll try it again then and hit back with the results. Thanks for the help, quzar.

Tried it like twenty times, still no luck. Still keeps coming with the same message that another user is using this copy. Never mind, I'll stick with Firefox for now. Thanks again for your help.

souLLy
September 19th, 2006, 11:08
I'm happy with firefox, i like the extendability of it and the fact that it just works, if i didn't use it though i know for damn sure i'd be using opera over internet explorer. I used to use Mozilla back before Firefox was released and the actual web rendering engine has always run leagues better than IE

Joe Red
September 19th, 2006, 20:44
Firefox. I've tried Opera and the Flock BETA when that came out, but I'm used to Firefox now. Plus, all the computers at my Uni now have Firefox installed, so I'm happy.

Dull Blade
September 19th, 2006, 21:00
I think I'll try opera too. I'm surprized no one mentioned Dreamkey, or Planetweb. well there I have.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 21st, 2006, 22:22
i use internet explorer, it is the best out there in my opinion, but i just doenloaded 7 and it sux donkey balls! (no offense to any donkies on this website) Can someone please help me with getting 7 off and putting 6 back on??

dejkirkby
September 21st, 2006, 22:31
I used to think that too until I was told about Firefox. It way better IMHO

M!ckeY
September 21st, 2006, 22:49
firefox :)

hireandfire
September 28th, 2006, 03:36
Firefox, of course.

Beware, btw: apparently, there is a version around of 1.5.0.6 that is coupled with a fake or rigged version of google toolbar that appears to have a virus or something included. Only download from safe sites!

Cap'n 1time
September 28th, 2006, 08:19
Opera!