PDA

View Full Version : scummvm topic

FrierTuck
January 9th, 2005, 13:54
there should be a SCUMMVM over topic, there are alot of things that could be discussed, game help, hardware help, and so one. I was just pointing this out, and if theres not already a place, people should use this thread for scummvm stuff

Eric
January 9th, 2005, 14:12
I do totally agree with you on that subject there should be seperate topics when we talk alot about one seperate project and this is one of them

FrierTuck
January 9th, 2005, 14:19
thanks, and for the first thing i want to ask the general public, does anyone know anything about scummvm being able to play sierra games like kingksquest and infocom games like return to zork, then again, the might not be writtne in SCUMM

Eric
January 9th, 2005, 14:28
scumm can play kingsquest but i am not to sure about that other

FrierTuck
January 9th, 2005, 17:52
kings quest 6 here today, goone tommorow, well maybe its 4?

FrierTuck
January 9th, 2005, 17:55
i just thought of something funny, i found my game last night whilst digging through my stuff, now i cant find it, it really is "here today, gone tomorow"

wraggster
January 9th, 2005, 19:02
check out http://www.scummvm.org for what games are supported

FrierTuck
January 9th, 2005, 20:14
ive been there quite a few times and never seen anything about sierra

MetaFox
January 9th, 2005, 22:44
ive been there quite a few times and never seen anything about sierraScummVM doesn't support Sierra games. If you want to play Sierra games, use SarienDC for the AGI games:

Space Quest I, Space Quest II, King's Quest I, King's Quest II, King's Quest III, King's Quest IV, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Gold Rush, Man Hunter: New York, Manhunter 2: San Francisco, Mixed-Up Mother Goose, The Black Cauldron

or FreeSCI for the early SCI games:

Leisure Suit Larry 2, Leisure Suit Larry 3, Police Quest 2, King's Quest IV, Hero's Quest / Quest for Glory 1, Space Quest III, The Colonel's Bequest, Conquests of Camelot, Codename: Iceman, Hoyle's Book of Games, Hoyle's Book of Games 2

Some of the later SCI games can be played on the CVS glutton branch, but the games will be unstable, and probably not completable.

For the Zork series of games, use FrotzDC.

guymelef
January 9th, 2005, 23:43
very good info make sure to remind people of this on the download page or something.............. yes once again I am very drunk

FrierTuck
January 12th, 2005, 18:56
well, i have return to zork and kings quest 4 so i guess i have more discs to burn

FrierTuck
January 12th, 2005, 18:58
crap, i just looked and i found out that i need a key board, anyone know where an american can get a cheap key board

FrierTuck
January 12th, 2005, 20:11
freesci is sariendc, they have the same file when yo download them, and neither of them work, kings quest wont boot

FrierTuck
January 13th, 2005, 13:15
yay, my 50th post, i think im gonna comemorate this occasion byspending more money on dreamcast, actualy, more money on scumm and such

FrierTuck
January 16th, 2005, 16:50
ok........ignore this topic, ignore my last couple of posts, move on, dont help the stupid american teen.....oh never mind, carry on, here lets talk about how much fun its going to be to play pajama sam on scummvm

law56ker
January 22nd, 2005, 01:38
both those emulators work, and no they aren't the same thing.....btw scumm kinda is bad on the dreamcast when you have the voices, the dc constantle loads and the voices are choppy.

FrierTuck
February 12th, 2005, 15:44
my copies of them were same, they were from a good source and no i cant remember what it was, anyways, who is up for spy fox on dc

souLLy
February 14th, 2005, 12:05
you could always edit your existing post rather than adding a new one every time you have a new idea. It won't look so much like you're talking to yourself :P

BudFern
February 14th, 2005, 18:25
/me sends FrierTuck a cup of coffee

:)

FrierTuck
February 15th, 2005, 02:27
i really dont understand the bit about the coffee, but yes i could edit my posts, then again, wheres the fun in that,

FrierTuck
February 21st, 2005, 02:18
ANSWER ME BudFern, im serious, i dont get it, im dieing to find out