PDA

View Full Version : Quake 2 & More WIP News

wraggster
September 16th, 2006, 14:20
Thanks to Jadabloom for the news tip.

McZonk (http://www.teamemergencyexit.com/) who won one of our Coding Competitions has posted an update on his site:

It's been a while since the last post. I was writing my bachelor thesis, so i had no time. I easily fall into tempations, so I locked my PSPs away and get some distance between me and all the nice stuff. But now Team Emergency Exit is back.
Quake 2 will be the top psp project I'm working. I'm still a big fan of the game and want to finish it.
Homebrew Manager was a nice idea. But there seems not much interest in it. I also don't find a server that would host the homebrew. Project is stopped. If anyone is interessted in source code, please contact me on irc.
DualFlash is obsolete with the mod chip. And it is too expensive for me to play with the hardware. So the project is stopped.
******* will be a new game from TEE for psp and pc. It is no port, it will be a complete new game. We have a much wider range of possibility since BrainBox has joined the team: new games with new models.

And for all who didn't tested it yet R-Gear PSP from Shazz, a buddy from Titan.

Nice to hear some news on the Quake Front.

Dutt
September 16th, 2006, 14:30
Oh Yeah...

cant wait...this sounds all good to me guys...hope u get a working test or beta out soon ...

JKKDARK
September 16th, 2006, 14:43
amazing news :)

wraggster
September 16th, 2006, 15:36
sigh, QJ are even pinching my newspost titles now.

sad

Mourningstar
September 16th, 2006, 15:52
Cant wait for more Quake 2....

remansano
September 16th, 2006, 16:28
wow!! That's really good news!!
Thanks

Kramer
September 16th, 2006, 16:30

sad

lo I noticed that too its pretty funny if you ask me:p

Muhu
September 16th, 2006, 16:59
Nice too see that Quake 2 is being worked on again. Its such a favorite of mine. :)

kaoss-b
September 16th, 2006, 16:59
Excellent news!!!
It is great that McZonk and Team Emergency Exit are back.
I can't wait for see Quake 2 running all the maps :cool:

rehbock
September 16th, 2006, 17:20
i already mention in Q2 tread in this forum that he is going on with his work :D

smith1
September 16th, 2006, 20:49

sadThey posted before you. Gg.

Sharkey
September 16th, 2006, 20:49
Odd, I have been playing Quake 2 on my 360 lately and have been wishing this version was completed. This is great news. Good luck McZonk. :)

jimmi
September 16th, 2006, 21:16
wow i always loved quake2, has quake 1 gt sound yet , just curios i cnt rememba:)

Stoner4Life
September 17th, 2006, 02:30
Quake 1 has sound and it looks really good ihope the same can be done for this port

JadaBloom
September 17th, 2006, 04:11
The thing with quake one tho is the rendering is done in software (I mean I'm not trying to sound like an ungrateful prick really I love the app but I'd rather see the textures rendered in the GPU =P) I just love the smooth look that's done in GPU rendering ala McZonks quake 2 but that's just me. Also I wonder if McZonk ever fixed that clipping problem he had....