PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Wii/DS connectivity

wraggster
September 16th, 2006, 14:54
Via DSFanboy (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/09/15/mysterious-wii-ds-connectivity/)

It's the picture that has everyone frothing -- but Nintendo's not giving up the details just yet, despite rampant speculation about precisely how the two Nintendo platforms will hook up. Will it be a whirlwind romance or a true partnership?

Here's what we know -- the Wii will serve as a "download station" for the DS. And we have the image from Nintendo's site. The translated text mentions Pokemon, and though our Google translation is weak at best, it seems that you can pull Pokemon off the DS and onto the Wii. What for? We're not sure yet. And what will a "download station" provide, anyway? Will the DS be able to handle Virtual Console titles?

Connectivity is nothing new when it comes to Nintendo. Eventually, we'll be able to connect enough Nintendo platforms to build a giant stompy robot, so it's not at all surprising that the Wii and the DS will have a special relationship. As for theories, we are firmly behind the PinkSquiggle Technology mentioned at the Ars Technica forums. And we'd still like a pony.

Screenshot Via Comments

acn010
September 16th, 2006, 14:56
same as ps3 with the psp( only ps3-psp conectivity)

JKKDARK
September 16th, 2006, 15:01
Nothing new, it is normal.

dejkirkby
September 16th, 2006, 15:02
And they can keep the pony.

Critical_Impact
September 16th, 2006, 15:09
Perhaps the abililty to tunnel ds through a Wii to other ds's?

From the picture thats what it kinda looks like

fg-54
September 16th, 2006, 19:41
maybe the ds screen progects itself into the t.v when its mixed with the wii, or maybe you can download exclusive pokemon from the upcoming wii pokemon title into you'r pokemon dimond/pearl game (or other pokemon games) or maybe you can use the wii connect 24 to download ds demos (like on best buy? you can download demos from a best buy ds that you can play until you turn you'r ds off?.....the games save into you'r ds?)

GamerGuyDude
September 16th, 2006, 19:55
I would like the ability to play my DS games on my TV when I'm at home. Hopefully that will be a Wifi option (rather than something like the SuperGameboy or whatever that was called)

jro2020
September 16th, 2006, 20:48
hey both the super gameboy and the , game boy advanced player (for the gamecube) quite rocked thankyou.