PDA

View Full Version : not asking for one, heard about windows emulater

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 16th, 2006, 20:41
i remember seeing a someone porting windows 95 and xp on to the psp. i dont know if it was on this site, has anyone heard of it?

JKKDARK
September 16th, 2006, 20:57
Yes, it was on this site ;)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/bochspsp.shtml

ExcruciationX
September 17th, 2006, 05:00
Windows is closed source, which mean's that only Microšoft has access to it. This is an emulator, that runs Windows (Slowly).

PlagueMusic
September 17th, 2006, 06:07
i remember seeing a someone porting windows 95 and xp on to the psp. i dont know if it was on this site, has anyone heard of it?

and xp

next thing is a halo 3 port?

JKKDARK
September 17th, 2006, 06:10
next thing is a halo 3 port?
maybe in the PSP2 ;)

pibs
September 17th, 2006, 08:19
oh yea i had that, the psp xp... it wus okay for reading .txt and looking throught ur files and such oh and loading that cool air hockey lua game with marvin the martian, i tried looking for the game again and couldn't find it ><

cloud_952
September 17th, 2006, 08:27
That wasn't emulating XP, it was (horribly) mislabeled. -_-

Anyway, there were two different things that did that, that I recall. One was a shell that could run homebrew apps, had a file browser, etc and was designed to look likw Windows XP. The other was just a bunch of HTML pages designed to look like XP and used javascript to load up different "apps".

mnuhaily22
September 17th, 2006, 08:40
there is one in a flash portal for psp 2.70+

Wally
September 18th, 2006, 00:48
You people really need to put some thought into what you are saying

Windows XP will most likely never run like you see it run on the PSP due to the current factors.

Lets think of everything running @ 100%
1) PSP does not have an X86 Processor - 50%
2) Windows XP takes forever to install, no matter what computer -10%
3) the PSP graphics adapter is not good enough for most windows games -20%
4) Windows XP doesnt have drivers to run on the PSP which makes it worse -20%

So that leaves us with nothing, XP will probably only run as a client.

The thought of running windows XP on a PSP, Priceless!

pokothehobo
September 18th, 2006, 01:08
someone should port a linux os to run natively on the psp. no emulators. that would be a sweet project

cloud_952
September 18th, 2006, 01:16
2) Windows XP takes forever to install, no matter what computer -10%

o_O What is the relevance of XP taking a long time to install on a PC? That is absolutely, totally removed from whether or not it'd run on the PSP. It takes awhile to install on the PC and.. shock.. it RUNS on PCs. o_o Soooooo.. yeah. I agree that it won't ever run, work, or even come within 30 feet of the PSP, but I have no clue why the install time is even mentioned.

pibs
September 18th, 2006, 02:20
even if it could emulate the actual xp it would be useless for gaming. it would take up all the psp's memory just for running the emu leaving games unplayable.

Cap'n 1time
September 18th, 2006, 05:13
someone should port a linux os to run natively on the psp. no emulators. that would be a sweet project

Actually there has been at least one attempt.. im surprised that no one has had any success by now though.

Video_freak
September 18th, 2006, 05:14
Yeah, me too 1x. They ported it to iPod for God's sake! :P

Tomppa
September 20th, 2006, 20:14
I think that XP is way far off.. 95, closer. Just that I could have a proper internet browser (dude, not IE, Firefox/opera), IM's, etc. Games? Never.

Oh, and yes, the psplinux or what was it called, it did look promising. But it seems like it's dead, for now. If the psp could run natively kernel, porting programs and stuff could be easier (not that I know anything about it, just a guess..).

gymnotropic
September 20th, 2006, 23:01
Windows 3.1, anyone? :D

Wally
September 21st, 2006, 02:26
Windows 3.11 should run in dosbox quite easily..

However dosbox doesnt run commander keen 4 (which sucks)