PDA

View Full Version : OT - Alternative Handheld Emulation

wraggster
September 16th, 2006, 23:18
http://ngage.dcemu.co.uk/zodiac.GIF (http://ngage.dcemu.co.uk)

Tonight is the start of a long process to update each site and possibly merge some and sort out forums etc as well as try and direct members towards the forums that are lesser used.

To those of you who dont know Alternative Handheld Emulation is, its an emulation and homebrew site for the Tapwave Zodiac, Nokia N-Gage, Symbian 60 and UIQ phones and tonight we have remerged the Gizmondo section back into the site. AHE is what we call it for short and also covers emulation and homebrew on consoles and devices that arent supported by major scenes or sites.

The site is fully up to date with all releases on those consoles mentioned above.

Check out Alternative Handheld Emulation (http://ngage.dcemu.co.uk).

Video_freak
September 16th, 2006, 23:19
Cool. I don't own any of those consoles...
If they're good I'll get one! :P

quzar
September 16th, 2006, 23:40
<= Nokia 6600 owner (n-gage compatible) =)

gelon
September 16th, 2006, 23:52
<= Nokia 6600 owner (n-gage compatible) =)

I have an egg too xD

Best symbian mobile of all time (with 3650)

JKKDARK
September 17th, 2006, 00:24
I will get an N-Gage soon :)

quzar
September 17th, 2006, 03:09
I have an egg too xD

Best symbian mobile of all time (with 3650)

hehe. people always say to me "it looks just like the standard nokia phone... but fatter" most of my friends call it 'the brick' =P

Broadus
September 17th, 2006, 03:37
I've got an N-Gage. I only got it for Call of Duty, but it has some other memorable games. That thing is hard to get addicted to with that tiny screen and funky controls...

I dunno'. It'd be hard to want to emulate anything on a vertical screen.

quzar
September 17th, 2006, 04:37
I've got an N-Gage. I only got it for Call of Duty, but it has some other memorable games. That thing is hard to get addicted to with that tiny screen and funky controls...

I dunno'. It'd be hard to want to emulate anything on a vertical screen.

... vertical shooters? 1942, raiden, etc.

Also, you're missing out if you don't have Super Monkey Ball or Puyo Pop for it. (and the gameboy emulator works great, and isn't bothered much by the screen size).

JKKDARK
September 17th, 2006, 04:52
Hey, don't forget Sonic N :P

mnuhaily22
September 17th, 2006, 09:04
sorry to say this, but what was Nokia thinking when they made the N-Gage, it was the worst system in the world.

quzar
September 17th, 2006, 09:08
better than the gizmondo.

nofx_sk8
September 17th, 2006, 11:05
sorry to say this, but what was Nokia thinking when they made the N-Gage, it was the worst system in the world.

I own the N-gage phone for almost 2 1/2 years now and i must say i still use it(at least the web browese(HTML) on the way).
Nokia saw the new market for mobile gaming and that was very clever , they just couldnt realise it very well. Und one thing more - it was like with Sega Dreamcast - it was very easy to download games , put them on the Memorycard and play them (so this killed "maybe" the N-gage)
But the BEST thing is that its open for HOMEBREW , and there are a LOT of EMU's out [Gameboy , Sega Mega Drive(picodrive) , NES , SNES - with bluetooth multiplayer - what do you want more???] . A pull down is the small screen (compared with PSP :( ) But as i said , it had a web browser (Opera) , a LOT of IM-client (ICQ , Irc , MSN..... almost all of them ) and you can code and compile everything you want und your able to :eek: ... so its not that "worse"

doverkiller
September 17th, 2006, 19:11
N-Gage rox!
N-Gage QD sux real baad!

by the way.. I saw nothing at all about ngage zodiac or gizmondo under the link :D
except the ads on the right.. :P