PDA

View Full Version : Greg Rusedski Give the Wii the Thumbs Up

wraggster
September 17th, 2006, 10:46
Via the Sun:

Greg said: "I really like the Wii. You can really give a full swing or slice the ball playing tennis and you get full vibration when you hit it.

"It will get kids into playing tennis, especially with complaints about games not being physical. This gets them moving."

Just one bout in the ring - flinging my arms out to punch - was enough to work up a sweat.

Of course, it doesn't have the graphics power of an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 and the line-up of games is certainly not as strong for a hardcore audience.

But what Nintendo has done is get people excited in games again and by encouraging families to play together, Wii will all benefit.

jstush04
September 17th, 2006, 13:55
yeah, i mean, all we have coming are silly games like twilight princess, mario galaxy, smash brothers, metroid prime, and a whole of creative, innovative games that we havent even thought of yet. you know, nothing big

bsg
September 17th, 2006, 14:39
red steel
far cry
nfs carbon
gt pro
excite truck
prince of persia
resident evil umbrella chronicles

And the list goes on and on....

If this isn't appealing for hardcore gamers especially with the new controller and not big enough, then I pigs can fly.

Jenksie
September 17th, 2006, 15:22
I think lots of people (those that both praise and criticise the Wii) don't understand what a hardcore game is. They seem to think that cartoony graphics or the lack of severe gore means a game can never be hardcore. The most hardcore game i've played is Disgeae, which is clearly only for the hardcore, that game has a strong anime feel, i can't think of any hardcore games out on the 360 at the moment.

JKKDARK
September 17th, 2006, 16:11
I hope to see a lot of sega games..

dejkirkby
September 17th, 2006, 16:16
Greg Rusedski says he likes it! I've gotta get one now!! BTW, that was sarcasm. It would've been better if someone like say Hideo Kojima said it. Grag Rusedski doesn't really set the gaming world alight now, has he?

acn010
September 17th, 2006, 16:18
omg metroid!!!!!!!!!
i will go crazzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyy!!!!!!!!!

jstush04
September 17th, 2006, 17:25
oh well, he's a tennis player. what do they know about video games anyway. but still, i guess thats a good sign that he likes the wii tennis game, eh?

and metroid. oh my gosh, watching videos of the new expert control mode, wii might very well enable the best shooting controls possible in a video game. I'm more optimistic about that game than any others