PDA

View Full Version : Homeworld for PSP or Warzone2100? sourceCode is given from developer

Bob_Lagota
September 17th, 2006, 14:00
Hi
I dont know where (maybe a magazin) I ve read some days ago, that the Homeworld Publisher has given the source code open. So my questen, is there a Projekt that will port Homeworld on the PSP? Or some one who can do it?

I thing it must be possible with some non changeable grafik options (resolution and quality settings). PSP should have enough power for this.

May be the Dronen Frigatte should be reduce to 5 max or so (so the game wont lagg).

Why is it an nice game for PSP?
Cauz there is no Game for PSP like this
its nice in Multiplayer
PSP has all what is need to play this FULL 3D Game (I mean the controlls)
There are nice Mods out there and may its even possible for PSP play such mods

It would be great ^-^

There is another game with open source:
Warzone2100 May some one can port this? (It was aviable for PC and PSX)
even a great real time strategie Game.

So this my first post here, i will see the reactions on it

PsychoSync
September 17th, 2006, 15:22
I remember that game because it includes music from one of my favorite band : YES

But i wonder if the music comes with the source cause YES' music is copyrighted?

k0pp0
September 17th, 2006, 15:55
I used to know one of the graphics/map designers for Warzone. He got caught out sticking his initials into the maps.. In the mountain ranges.

Great game on the pc, but later levels were very buggy.. I could never finish it due to some of the bugs.

HardHat
September 25th, 2006, 05:45
The source is available upon registration from http://www.relic.com/

I may look into port complexity in the future. Doesn't include Bink toolkit (probably for playing videos), and maybe some other things. I'm not sure if they are important.