PDA

View Full Version : What's your religion?

1stvinicius
September 18th, 2006, 16:02
I belive in God and I read the bible often (even if some parts of it are difficult to understand) but I respect others' beliefs.

I've been wondering what is the religion of the guys on these boards.. so what is yours?

dejkirkby
September 18th, 2006, 16:14
My religion is Protestant, but my kids are Roman Catholic (long story)

Accordion
September 18th, 2006, 16:15
why does it matter

this thread will end in disastor...

Rocksil
September 18th, 2006, 16:15
why does it matter

this thread will end in disastor...

DATS TRUE

ACID
September 18th, 2006, 16:33
Satanism. So it begins. Roman catholic thats my real religion. The other is just part time LOL

ExcruciationX
September 18th, 2006, 17:21
I'm Catholic, but I'm not religious at all.

Kramer
September 18th, 2006, 17:21
Iam my own god and I worship myself.

If anyone wants to join my religion just PM me.

Apoklepz
September 18th, 2006, 17:26
I was raised by Roman Catholic beliefs, and I've always read the Bible every now and then...I have to admit, no matter what religion you're a part of, we can all find that parts of our daily lives relate to events that Jesus went through in his...Although I don't believe him to be the world's savior, because humanity is still at peril from itself more and more each and everyday that passes...He was but a messenger of God, and only the message could save those who follow it. Love and Respect one another, like sister and brother.;) That's all I think there is to it...I don't go to church either, because I think there is a lot of hipocrisy behind it. I meditate at home, and with my family and friends about my and our problems...and we help each other find solutions to them.
So I guess I have no religion...just a lot of faith.
I do however believe that the almighty God is with us always, and he makes us learn from good and bad, from pain and suffering, from life and death.
Yes...He or She, has many names..but there is only One God.
That's what I believe.

mcvader
September 18th, 2006, 17:27
I'm a Roman catholic,muslim,Jewish,druid,Atheist,Dark Jedi,Hindu,Polar-Bear worshiping, follower of the War God Ares. Oh and I'm a Scientologist too :)

titch.ryan
September 18th, 2006, 18:07
i'm a jedi. trained by the side of yoda. Now a master at the ancient art travelling the galaxy defeating the sith to protect the universe from the dark side.

Edshugeo
September 18th, 2006, 18:14
Godless Heathen.

bullhead
September 18th, 2006, 18:17
Born catholic, but converted to the church of DCEMU...
I dont believe praying to a god will make you a better person or will sort out your life....
My "spirituality" is gained through music and reading. Basing your whole life on your religion will rot your mind.
Just look at this fellow, he prays 12 hours every day.

ACID
September 18th, 2006, 18:25
Sexsologist

Apoklepz
September 18th, 2006, 18:30
LOL...Where do you come up with this, Bullhead?
I almost crapped in my pants laughing so hard when I saw the picture...Isn't that guy from the Conehead Sect?

Kramer
September 18th, 2006, 18:33
Lol Coneheads iI used to love that movie. Now Iam a conhead though:)

bullhead
September 18th, 2006, 18:40
LOL...Where do you come up with this, Bullhead?
I almost crapped in my pants laughing so hard when I saw the picture...Isn't that guy from the Conehead Sect?

He is their leader. And he has been for the last twenty-seven and a half months. He is approaching the end of his career and he will be transferring his possessions to the next leader. He will go by the name of Mohammed O'Paisley. This is mohammed:

Malksta
September 18th, 2006, 18:41
Christian..

Cap'n 1time
September 18th, 2006, 18:52
er, i know this is off topic and you type make a thread about almost anything and everything... but lets stay away from this topic shall we?

I almost feel bad about locking this seeing as bullhead takes it soo seriously ;)

JKKDARK
September 18th, 2006, 18:53
What's religion? :P

Darksaviour69
September 19th, 2006, 11:15
i don't see why this should be lock unless there is any flaming or other members or religions, we are all adults here ( except the ones that are not adults)

I'm a Catholic and OMG we RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accordion
September 19th, 2006, 11:19
i was just concerned we would have the same mess that arised during the israeli war thread...that got nasty, and i wouldnt like to invite those views

Darksaviour69
September 19th, 2006, 11:24
so should be lock all psp threads so that no one can post any warez?

i understand you fear, but we should be allowed to talk about anything we want (unless i don't allow it;) )

dejkirkby
September 19th, 2006, 11:29
DarkSaviour is once again the voice of reason. Why should religion be taboo? That's what breeds contempt and bias.

Accordion
September 19th, 2006, 11:30
so should be lock all psp threads so that no one can post any warez?

i understand you fear, but we should be allowed to talk about anything we want (unless i don't allow it;) )

i didnt mean it should be locked... there should be freedom, but just that threads like this need to be watched very carefully.

my view is that there is no difference what your religion is and therefore the question doesnt need to be asked...

...and actually i would rather see a thousand warez links than witness such a direct display of racism such as before

razorak
September 19th, 2006, 11:35
I have no religion...never believed in God so far...who knows whether i will in future

Darksaviour69
September 19th, 2006, 11:35
it will be watched, but really i'm happy that the racist have been banned from that thread

razorak
September 19th, 2006, 11:37
i hate racists...got 5 of them in my class...sheesh

dejkirkby
September 19th, 2006, 11:42
I can't stand racists either. My wife has Pakistani Muslims in her side of the family and we see them suffer racism. Luckily, between we have a close family and are always there to defend them.

quzar
September 19th, 2006, 12:37
i'm a jedi. trained by the side of yoda. Now a master at the ancient art travelling the galaxy defeating the sith to protect the universe from the dark side.

Jedi is a real religion.

I'm a Zoroastrian btw.

beetroot bertie
September 19th, 2006, 13:17
I's say I'm agnostic as I don't really believe in religion, unless I have some proof or reason to think otherwise.

I can understand why people have religious beliefs (I went to a Church of England School when I was young and attended church for some time when I was younger too) and I can see some of the benefits and security in having those beliefs, but ultimately think that the only 'force' as it were is that of nature/life.

I see the positives of the moral values that a religious upbringing may instill but I have a problem with bringing children up into a specific religion, rather than just educating them about religions generally and letting them make their own choices when they're older. I think it should be choice rather than an indoctrinated system of beliefs.

I've spoken to Jehovah's witnesses about proof, but they have nothing that I would deem as proof. They just seem to fall back on to quoting the bible which in my opinion is just a selection of stories written by people, maybe to offer moral guidance.

I guess when it comes down to it, it's just about faith and that's something I have little of.

As far as I'm concerned, each to their own.

Darksaviour69
September 19th, 2006, 13:27
i always say the bible is the word of god, written by man

bullhead
September 19th, 2006, 13:37
darksaviour... we both live in belfast and were both catholics. We might just have friends in common, who knows, we might have even crossed paths...
Near the bot right?

Darksaviour69
September 19th, 2006, 13:49
yeah, but i'll really from armagh, i'm working at jordanstown uni at the mo (i should be working right now), yeah i live in wellesley, right be hind that school (belfast royal i think)

its funny, we n.irish aways think " is he a protestant or a catholic" when we meet/see some one from NI..... "bullhead... is that at Catholic name...O'bullhead"

bullhead
September 19th, 2006, 15:58
Yeah because we always wonder if he/she is P/C, will he/she kick the sH1t out of us, just for living on a certain road! Crazy!

Darksaviour69
September 19th, 2006, 16:10
so where abouts in belfast are u?

back on topic: religion great! yeah

BL4Z3D247
September 19th, 2006, 16:56
i thought this thread got closed, must be the shrooms...i mean catholic :D

souLLy
September 19th, 2006, 18:27
I'd call myself a D- Christian

wraggster
September 19th, 2006, 19:44
i am a Jedi

Like my father before me

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 19th, 2006, 20:45
im a proud protestant with eastern influances. I'm a Baptist Copt lol. But I don't believe in Catholicism at all, sorry :( Blame the Conquestidors

Dull Blade
September 19th, 2006, 20:53
Iam my own god and I worship myself Same here.

Cap'n 1time
September 19th, 2006, 20:59
i invented the internet.

JKKDARK
September 19th, 2006, 21:02
I don't like religion. I don't believe in any god.

quzar
September 19th, 2006, 21:13
Not all religions require you to worship anything or believe in a God.

Joe Red
September 19th, 2006, 21:39
I'm a bright (http://www.the-brights.net/)

Not all religions require you to worship anything or believe in a God.
But they require you to subscribe to some kind of belief system, involving something supernatural.

If it doesn't, I wouldn't consider it a religion.

Cooe14
September 19th, 2006, 21:41
LDS. But i would like to join the Jedi.

Accordion
September 19th, 2006, 23:10
religion controls everything...whether you believe or not what year is it???

JD/
September 19th, 2006, 23:41
religion controls everything...whether you believe or not what year is it???
lol nice 1 its true religion controls things you wouldn't think twice about im a methodist.
(you just made loads of assumptions about me without even knowing it :eek:)

Kaiser
September 19th, 2006, 23:46
I'm a Zoroastrian btw.

A Zoroastrian you say? Not many of them around in this day and age. Such an ancient religion.

Technically I'm Catholic. However I don't agree with most of the doctrines and dogma's surrounding it. I'm much closer to a belief in Deism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism).

stotheamuel
September 19th, 2006, 23:53
its 4704...(ps year of the dog) :p

I'm Athiest.

JD/
September 20th, 2006, 00:09
dont' athiest base the year on when the world was formed or something logical:rolleyes: like that how come for athiests its 4704?

Video_freak
September 20th, 2006, 00:26
Wow, now that I think about it...I don't really know. :P

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 00:47
im christian catholic guy, but, i just belief god, and i don't prey, i just know theres something.
Religion is just to set order and dicipline to the people........and it worked, were not animals..........

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2006, 01:03
im christian catholic guy, but, i just belief god, and i don't prey, i just know theres something.
Religion is just to set order and dicipline to the people........and it worked, were not animals..........

heh, go take some biology and social science and tell me we arnt animals.. :) :p

stotheamuel
September 20th, 2006, 01:17
lol yeah we are animals dude... and i use the gregorian calander.. its 2006 for me

i just used the chinese calander to show there are others

quzar
September 20th, 2006, 04:04
A Zoroastrian you say? Not many of them around in this day and age. Such an ancient religion.

Technically I'm Catholic. However I don't agree with most of the doctrines and dogma's surrounding it. I'm much closer to a belief in Deism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism).

Actually it's the #16 religion in the world. Also, I was lying. Ahura Mazda can suck it.

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2006, 04:43
me and lord xenu go way back actually, hes actually a fairly decent tennis player. L Ron Hubbard can suck my balls.

souLLy
September 20th, 2006, 07:37
me and lord xenu go way back actually, hes actually a fairly decent tennis player. L Ron Hubbard can suck my balls.

haha :P

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 07:50
heh, go take some biology and social science and tell me we arnt animals.. :) :p
ha ha ha, i was trying to say is that we aren't animals, in a way, of course we are animals, were mamals,
"you and me baby were nothing but mamals, so lets do like they do it on discovery channel" :D

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2006, 15:44
ha ha ha, i was trying to say is that we aren't animals, in a way, of course we are animals, were mamals,
"you and me baby were nothing but mamals, so lets do like they do it on discovery channel" :D

I am a dolphin. I am a rational being.

bullhead
September 20th, 2006, 16:07
...were mamals...:D

Well... Im a manimal. A hybrid you see. You see? You see... I know you do. Dont even begin to lie.

Wait a minuite.....isnt this the religion thread.... You are all a pack of animeathens'! Thou shalt, shalln't thou? Yes!

vladiftodi
September 20th, 2006, 16:23
i dont believe in god
and my devize ids TRUST NO ONE

Joe Red
September 20th, 2006, 17:54
dont' athiest base the year on when the world was formed or something logical:rolleyes: like that how come for athiests its 4704?
Earth was formed about 4.57 billion years ago. Imagine how big calendars would have to be if 2006 was actually called 4567000000

No, there is no "atheist calendar". For most atheists, it's 2006.

Some atheists actrually propose 1859 - the year Darwin published The Origin of Species - be "Year Zero", which would mean this is the year 147.

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2006, 18:58
Satan put the dinosaur bones in the ground.

stotheamuel
September 21st, 2006, 06:08
its true they are all fake

NoQuarter
September 21st, 2006, 06:36
Lol,anybody read Zacheriah Sitchen?

I like Realism, is that a religion?

M!ckeY
September 21st, 2006, 07:41
hmm..i don't know my religion. I go to church, but i always fall asleep

mcvader
September 21st, 2006, 08:34
Anybody read Plato's "The last day's of Socraties"?
It almost convinced me in life after death (still need more proof tho). I've read the bible and it's interesting but I don't belive in farytales, The bible was written by man and I bow to no man (except Eddie Vedder), science is answering all the great questions which we used to make up answers for, we know how the earth was formed, we know Adam and Eve were Monkeys, soon all of the questions will answered and there will be no need for religion. If science is the search for knowledge then would that make religion the acecptance of ignorance? I'm catholic but I don't belive, I wish I did belive tho, life would be so much simpler if i did.

ACID
September 21st, 2006, 09:22
I like scientology

BL4Z3D247
September 21st, 2006, 09:32
potheadism is my cup of tea :D

opiate81
September 21st, 2006, 09:40
My religion is me :D
I worship myself twice a day.. sometimes even more
when they put them bikini specials on the travel shows :D

ACID
September 21st, 2006, 10:01
My religion is me :D
I worship myself twice a day.. sometimes even more
when they put them bikini specials on the travel shows :D
So you have harry palms:eek:

mcvader
September 21st, 2006, 10:07
I'm not a Scientologist:) I don't know what they beleive, apart from the alien souls inhabiting our bodies from that South Park episode:)

ACID
September 21st, 2006, 10:09
and star wars. LOL

razorak
September 21st, 2006, 10:22
hmmm....this thing called our consciousness...is it our soul? our spirit or sth in the brain??

mcvader
September 21st, 2006, 14:06
What's StarWars?

JKKDARK
September 21st, 2006, 14:12
What's StarWars?
some illegal stuff

razorak
September 21st, 2006, 14:26
What's StarWars?

A show where your avatar came from..lol

souLLy
September 21st, 2006, 14:49
I've read the bible and it's interesting but I don't belive in farytales, The bible was written by man and I bow to no man

Why is it so difficult to believe that a God that intentionally created each individual human being, would want to interact and use human beings to do his work? Would the contents of the bible be more truthful if the books suddenly appeared in the library from a lightning bolt in the sky?

science is answering all the great questions which we used to make up answers for

Consider the possibility that if a God created the world, we using science are merely discovering the method. Science vs Religion isn't quite the polar opposite the media has been led to believe in my opinion.

We know how the earth was formed, we know Adam and Eve were Monkeys, soon all of the questions will answered and there will be no need for religion.

Actually we have little more than vague theories about the origin of the universe, and adam and eve were certainly never monkeys. You seem to be under the impression that Christianity/Catholicism's only purposes is to explain things human beings don't understand. 'Holy shit, my car has a flat tyre, it must be God' I'd say they're more a study of morals/spirituality/the afterlife things that can't generally be measured in a test tube.

If science is the search for knowledge then would that make religion the acecptance of ignorance?

Not at all and that's an incredibly arrogant attitude to have. You assume you can either pick one or ther other, like they're polar opposites.

I wish I did belive tho, life would be so much simpler if i did.

I think the opposite, with nothing to answer to, no reason to submit to your conscience and no reason for existing life is very simple- we're simply animals that reproduce and eat.

The implications of being someone that is created intentionally by a higher power complicates life immensely.

bullhead
September 21st, 2006, 17:25
No offence to you soully, but i disagree with everything you said. But theres no point arguing, because members of a gaming website will be the last to show eachother the path to enlightenment. Everyone has their own beliefs and each of us must accept that. Some people find enlightenment through living life to the full, others find fulfillment meditating in silence, complete silence. I find my answers through life experiences (and the library).
But if you can find it in the "church of your choice" then all the best to you...

Peace.

souLLy
September 21st, 2006, 17:43
No offence to you soully, but i disagree with everything you said. But theres no point arguing, because members of a gaming website will be the last to show eachother the path to enlightenment. Everyone has their own beliefs and each of us must accept that. Some people find enlightenment through living life to the full, others find fulfillment meditating in silence, complete silence. I find my answers through life experiences (and the library).
But if you can find it in the "church of your choice" then all the best to you...

Peace.

I wasn't suggesting I have all the answers, I just thought it was a bit narrow minded to say science has disproven religion. There's far far far more to the argument that that.

dejkirkby
September 21st, 2006, 17:55
The one major problem I have with the Bible or Qu'ran or any of the other religious books is the constant lack of proof and the fact that they expect faith should be a given. I've always needed proof before agreeing or believing something or someone. I'm not putting believers down, but for me, I just need the physical evidence. Heck, a bibliography or glossary at the back would've helped LOL

ACID
September 21st, 2006, 17:58
I have a new fav. SEXOLOGY

Apoklepz
September 21st, 2006, 18:12
Anyone seen Dane Cook's stand up in HBO lately?

...Well, here's a very, very funny story he talks about in it.

- He's in an elevator with another man, and the guy sneezes out loud. Dane Cook, raised Catholic, courteously says "God Bless You", Then the guy unthankfully says "Heh...Yeah Right"..."What do you believe is going to happen when you die?...Heaven?...Give me a break...I'm Atheist."
-So, Dane is stunned by this guy's reaction, and he could care less if the guy's an Atheist or not...so he asks the Prick a question..."What do you think will happen, then?" ...The guy turns back at him eye to eye and starts..."Well let me tell you my friend...When I die I will be buried and digested through many years by this earth to whom I'll later be nothing but food for and I'll eventually turn into a plant, and that plant will grow into an enormous and beautiful tree in the middle of a forest...and then I shall be one with the life of this planet."
-Dane Immediately looks unto the public and says..."Imagine that...The guy can't accept politeness from someone, yet he wants to be one with the earth by turning into a f*king Ficcus?!?" He later adds that he just left the elevator just thinking how much of an a-hole the guy had been to him, the he couldn't imagine anything else but the worst case scenario to come over him while he was happy doing his "Tree thing" one day in the woods...and here's were Dane's imagination unfolds....
...Imagine, the most bad-ass, stench filled mother f***ing, timber-man just rummaging his way through the woods with nothing but his 13 year old, rusty but trusty, big 'ol AXE in hand. He comes up to the tree and goes fiercely medieval, as he chops all over it with chunks of it flying everywhere. He hauls the God-ridden thing all the way back to the shed and grinds it up into paper...Later one day, after all this happens to the tree, the make and print a beautiful book out of it called "The Holy Bible"

...I never laughed so hard in my life.

ACID
September 21st, 2006, 18:15
Nice very nice

Apoklepz
September 21st, 2006, 18:18
Yeah, you should see him in the show...The man is a comic genious.

dejkirkby
September 21st, 2006, 18:22
Dane Cook? I can't picture him, but I recognise the name. Forgive my ignorance, I'm English!

Apoklepz
September 21st, 2006, 18:27
You ever seen the movie "Waiting"? I he's one of the chefs, with piercings and tattoos...the one that rubs the returned steak under his nads.lol Disgusting, but very funny flick...rent it.

Anyways, back on topic...I think anyone and everyone is entitled to believe and follow any religion they want to...even if you weren't raised under it's influence (I have a friend that was raised Roman Catholic, like me...later converted to Buddhism...and even late converted to Judhaism...if there was a website called Religionfax.com, he would've found what he's been searching for already...it's our own private joke, which pisses him off everytime.lol)...just as long as your religion doesn't brainwash you into a killing intent, or even suicide or sexual or self inflicted abuses...then it's all good.

dejkirkby
September 21st, 2006, 18:32
Yeah! "Eat at shenaniganz. Enjoy your food. Eat at Shenaniganz. Calvin works here" That guy is f**king funny!!
Welcome to the thunderdome, bitch!!

Apoklepz
September 21st, 2006, 18:36
Exactly...that's him.

quzar
September 21st, 2006, 18:51
I always thought he was too loud. Things aren't funnier just by yelling louder.

Also, I agree with soully on this one. I don't have any strong beliefs either way, except that closing yourself off to either isn't a good idea. I mean hell, through the ages, science has continuously been wrong. Now unlike some, I don't use that as an excuse to not study science, but simply as a reminder that we don't know everything.

Accordion
September 21st, 2006, 21:02
having studied cosmology for two years...i can say that science will never have all the answers, all theories require something to exist for any further creation to occur. what gets complicated is, using scientific logic, for a "god" to exist, it must have been created as well...

souLLy
September 21st, 2006, 21:51
having studied cosmology for two years...i can say that science will never have all the answers, all theories require something to exist for any further creation to occur. what gets complicated is, using scientific logic, for a "god" to exist, it must have been created as well...

heh yup, the christian argument would of course be, a god that created science and logic doesn't necesarily have to conform to what we currently consider 'the rules' of those belief systems.

Accordion
September 21st, 2006, 22:43
proof that philoshophy will ruin your life...too late for me

1stvinicius
September 22nd, 2006, 00:03
I've read the bible and it's interesting but I don't belive in farytales....

You can believe it's a fairytale but I recommend you to keep on reading cause you'll find lots of lessons you can apply in your life.

...science is answering all the great questions which we used to make up answers for, we know how the earth was formed, we know Adam and Eve were Monkeys, soon all of the questions will answered and there will be no need for religion.

These are just accepted theories. Besides, the bible, at the most of its parts, don't use straight language nor dates are stabilished.

If science is the search for knowledge then would that make religion the acecptance of ignorance? I'm catholic but I don't belive, I wish I did belive tho, life would be so much simpler if i did.

The bible says: "Sons, you shall search for knowledge" so, again, read the bible a bit more.

Shadowblind
September 22nd, 2006, 00:09
These are just accepted theories. Besides, the bible, at the most of its parts, don't use straight language nor dates are stabished.

Try the New world translation. Its in modern English without any thee,thys,thous, and other nonsense words that were outdated sense the mid-times. These aren't the original languages of the bible, it was written in Hebrew.

quzar
September 22nd, 2006, 00:29
it was written in Hebrew.

no it wasn't. The original 'bible', by which we would be discussing the New Testament, was originally written in a vernacular greek language variant. There are certain scriptures that are told to have been written originally in Hebrew, but it has been deemed unlikely, and there is no proof that it was originally in Hebrew.

ninja9393
September 22nd, 2006, 01:05
the only religon makes good sense to me is buddhism

I totally belive in karma

and i totally respect every other religon

I belive anyone can think and belive anything they want to

Anyone seen Dane Cook's stand up in HBO lately?

Dane cook is frekin' funny

1stvinicius
September 22nd, 2006, 02:46
Try the New world translation. Its in modern English without any thee,thys,thous, and other nonsense words that were outdated sense the mid-times. These aren't the original languages of the bible, it was written in Hebrew.

I guess the non-straight language is not related directly with some lost words in english. Even in portuguese, which is my natural language, these parabolas and metaphors remained in the bibles writen in modern portuguese. Those who tried to decifrate some of the puzzled chapters made a mistake: they put their own conclusions, they tried to make those conclusions look like the definitive truth.

NoQuarter
September 22nd, 2006, 03:03
Buddhism is not (supposed to be ) a religion Ninja.
Although some people would dissagree.
More like a way of being.

Shadowblind
September 22nd, 2006, 03:07
Im talking the old testament was written in Hebrew. The new testament was written in Greek.

NoQuarter
September 22nd, 2006, 03:14
We could all learn a great deal from the sacred texts of the world.I myself as a christian believe that we should love each other and have tolerence and understanding.I am by no means an orthodox christian,I am intrigued and heavily influenced by buddhisms realistic outlook on life and the concept of compassion.Too often has religion been used to divide rather than unite.
I don't think one group or all of the groups hold the answer for ourselves,life is a deeply individual path.
Science also often falls prey to the same kind of dogma organized religion does.

stotheamuel
September 22nd, 2006, 05:42
Yeah, you should see him in the show...The man is a comic genious.

yeah after stealing jokes from louis ck

ninja9393
September 22nd, 2006, 13:28
I am intrigued and heavily influenced by buddhisms realistic outlook on life and the concept of compassion.Too often has religion been used to divide rather than unite.

well for me i was a catholic but when i got older i started to not belive as must then when i looked at buhhdishm it just made sense

My parents went to catholic school when they were kids and for some reason they dont belive now and thats what happend to me

razorak
September 22nd, 2006, 14:27
Whatever it is, there's always something you can learn from someone else's religion and there's always one underlying lesson, stick true to your beliefs, your moral values and sticking to the right side of the law definitely makes your life as well as those around you much easier and happier. The next lesson would have to be harmony and mutual respect.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 22nd, 2006, 16:24
having studied cosmology for two years...i can say that science will never have all the answers, all theories require something to exist for any further creation to occur. what gets complicated is, using scientific logic, for a "god" to exist, it must have been created as well...according to some god is eternal so he has no beggining.. never got how the loop started tho

Everyone has their own beliefs and each of us must accept that. Some people find enlightenment through living life to the full, others find fulfillment meditating in silence, complete silence
diddnt 1 of those english king behead those catholics?! YEAH

bullhead
September 22nd, 2006, 16:57
[QUOTE=
diddnt 1 of those english king behead those catholics?! YEAH[/QUOTE]

What does people of the same religion as myself being beheaded have to do with what I said?

Cap'n 1time
September 22nd, 2006, 17:40
jesus hates stim cell research. God sent us a hurricane because of it.

Tetris999
September 23rd, 2006, 17:03
ok ive beenreading the posts and what like 90% of you are atheist (not to be rude or anything and monkey on me when i say this but HOW THE HELL CAN U BE CRISTIAN AND YOU DONT PRAY OR APPLY ANYTHING THE BIBLE SAYS TO YOUR LIFE WHICH MEANS YOU ARE NO CRISTIAN URE AN ATHEIST!! or if ure wacked out jedi or something then yeah u can do whatever you want cuz u scaring me) anyway religion doesnt need to be considered as fairytales if you consider everything supernatural as a fairy tale, apply the things that its says to do good in the bible like give charity see youre not following religion but you help everybody around you!

oh yeah im muslim and the quran rocks i read it everyday!

bullhead
September 23rd, 2006, 17:18
"HOW THE HELL CAN U BE CRISTIAN AND YOU DONT PRAY OR APPLY ANYTHING THE BIBLE SAYS TO YOUR LIFE WHICH MEANS YOU ARE NO CRISTIAN URE AN ATHEIST!!"

Tetris999- You can be christian and not pray through loosing your faith. I was baptised a catholic, but that was when I was a few months old, and of course didnt know any better. Its not complicated. I am a christian, but not by choice. Not believing in a god doesnt make you evil. Infact most violence and war stems from religion....so there....:P

souLLy
September 23rd, 2006, 19:05
ok ive beenreading the posts and what like 90% of you are atheist (not to be rude or anything and monkey on me when i say this but HOW THE HELL CAN U BE CRISTIAN AND YOU DONT PRAY OR APPLY ANYTHING THE BIBLE SAYS TO YOUR LIFE WHICH MEANS YOU ARE NO CRISTIAN URE AN ATHEIST!! or if ure wacked out jedi or something then yeah u can do whatever you want cuz u scaring me) anyway religion doesnt need to be considered as fairytales if you consider everything supernatural as a fairy tale, apply the things that its says to do good in the bible like give charity see youre not following religion but you help everybody around you!

oh yeah im muslim and the quran rocks i read it everyday!

Not to start a battle but I think one of the downfalls of Islam is things like preying X-amount of times a day and other rituals are of no reflection what is in your heart. I agree that applying teaching to your life is the point of becoming a 'religious' person, but the preying because you have to fill the quota to get into heaven doesn't seem of god's nature to me.

I am a christian, but not by choice.

erm, then you're not a christian. It's not like it's something you have no choice in like race or sex.

Tetris999
September 23rd, 2006, 19:56
first of all i never insulted cristianity just asked how are u cristian when you dont go to church or anything its like u made your own god you should do whatever your lord asks and sayin goh blah blah i can believe whatever i want then that proves your an ATHEIST ure not cristian you may be good but ure certainly not cristian and i said that even if you dont want to be cristian you can still do good things which is infact related to what u just said soully anyway
i dont really want to start a war with soully (considering hes staff but ill try my best)

Not to start a battle but I think one of the downfalls of Islam is things like preying X-amount of times a day and other rituals are of no reflection what is in your heart. I agree that applying teaching to your life is the point of becoming a 'religious' person, but the preying because you have to fill the quota to get into heaven doesn't seem of god's nature to me.

ok soully we pray because thats what god has told us to do prayer is a test on us not to be lazy and carry out what we have to do, (oh yeah we pray 5 times a day its not that much ONLY 5)we pray because our god told us to, it is true god doesnt get ANYTHING from your prayers he gets NOTHING its just a test upon us to see if we can keep our religion true to use and we will carry out whatever god asks of us its also why we dont eat bacon becuase god asked this of us if we can hold i relgion true to us we remember it and remember that we must treat other with kindness and fast to respect the poor who do not get any food whatsoever its these things we remmber through prayer to be a good person, kinda of like church except people dont take it seriously now eh?

souLLy
September 23rd, 2006, 20:50
first of all i never insulted cristianity just asked how are u cristian when you dont go to church or anything its like u made your own god you should do whatever your lord asks and sayin goh blah blah i can believe whatever i want then that proves your an ATHEIST ure not cristian you may be good but ure certainly not cristian and i said that even if you dont want to be cristian you can still do good things which is infact related to what u just said soully anyway
i dont really want to start a war with soully (considering hes staff but ill try my best)

ok soully we pray because thats what god has told us to do prayer is a test on us not to be lazy and carry out what we have to do, (oh yeah we pray 5 times a day its not that much ONLY 5)we pray because our god told us to, it is true god doesnt get ANYTHING from your prayers he gets NOTHING its just a test upon us to see if we can keep our religion true to use and we will carry out whatever god asks of us its also why we dont eat bacon becuase god asked this of us if we can hold i relgion true to us we remember it and remember that we must treat other with kindness and fast to respect the poor who do not get any food whatsoever its these things we remmber through prayer to be a good person, kinda of like church except people dont take it seriously now eh?

I'm not trying to argue, I just see things like going to church and praying, whilst nice, don't define wether someone is a Christian or any other religion, as an atheist can do both.

Rituals and tradition don't reflect the nature or the heart of a person. I'm not saying it's not noble to give up bacon if that's what you believe you've been told to do, but I think if the emphasis in your life is carrying them out, without looking internally at yourself and the way you act towards other people then what use are you to the God you prey to in all honesty?

I'm not suggesting that that's a problem you have personally, but it's something I've seen in different sectors of Islam at different times.

Accordion
September 23rd, 2006, 22:08
just read in the paper, the arch-bishop of...england? has said Turkey should not be invited into the EU because it is primarily muslim country!!! absolute disgrace, more proof that R.C. is a huge danger to this world...

JKKDARK
September 23rd, 2006, 22:23
There is a strong battle here.. I don't like religion -_-

Rayek
September 24th, 2006, 00:06
I am Agnostic... But more like an amalgamation of transcendentalism, wicca and driudism, I think we should revere the earth because when we die we become food for something else, turn into dirt, etc. It's complicated, but it's my own set of beleifs....

Tetris999
September 24th, 2006, 01:19
im not saying it is "noble to give up bacon" its just that god asked to not eat it and not eat it we shall, when we just say bacon good why the hell does god says its bad? its not bad, bacon has nothing in it that makes it bad, we dont eat it because god told us not to to see if we can actually apply our relgion to our life, likewise prayer, prayer comes thorughout the day. it is another test by god to see if we can pray and fit it in our time and as i said another test to see if we can uphold this task god told us too were not noble by anymeans when we pray or dont eat back so i have no idea what soully said about noble we do it because we try our best to apply religion to our life and i never said it anywhere the we are so noble than everybody else this is untrue were not more noble than other people just by praying and fasting the people who think they are more noble our high than anyone are the jews. we are not nicer than a nice person cuz we pray man were not noble becuase we pray we just prove to ourself and to god we can uphold what he asks of us it not because god gets something from us, and i said like million times

you can be nice and all but if you dont go to church to keep your religion up or to prove to yourself that do not put your religion last then your not cristian you are an atheist how do you stay cristian when you say screw you im not going to church to your lord? even when he asks of you, you question him like you do know you think now youre obeying god? yeah you may be nice but you question god whats so cristian in that?

stotheamuel
September 24th, 2006, 03:03
jesus hates stim cell research. God sent us a hurricane because of it.

You see, I always thought it had to do with the weather... Now i know it was god:rolleyes: :p

razorak
September 24th, 2006, 03:15
looks like thing's aren't going that good here...

M!ckeY
September 24th, 2006, 04:33
@ razorak

i beleive someone mentioned something about this thread being trouble...lol

razorak
September 24th, 2006, 05:22
i didn't expect it to happen so soon...lol

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 05:47
i expected it to happen sooner

razorak
September 24th, 2006, 05:54
lol....well guess it's gotta do with our surroundings, the environment we live in i guess. Living somewhere where religious and racial harmony is a key factor of everyday life would most likely make u more tolerant to others around you i guess, as compared to somewhere where racism and religious discrimination is strife.

Thekinglotr
September 24th, 2006, 05:54
I myself am LDS like Cooe14, but most of you would better recognize the other name for it, Mormon. Its an integral part of my life, in fact I am actually teaching in church tommorow morning :D I saw a lot of people say that their biggest hangup was proof. I would be very happy to show anyone exactly why I believe what I do and how to KNOW (and I meant know, not just think you belive) for yourself. Just PM me.

dejkirkby
September 24th, 2006, 07:55
No disrespect to you or yor faith, thekinglotr, but that right there is the big problem that the majority of people have with your faith. The fact that the believers go actively seeking to convert people. Interrupting people in their daily lives isn't the way to make beievers.

souLLy
September 24th, 2006, 10:49
im not saying it is "noble to give up bacon" its just that god asked to not eat it and not eat it we shall, when we just say bacon good why the hell does god says its bad? its not bad, bacon has nothing in it that makes it bad, we dont eat it because god told us not to to see if we can actually apply our relgion to our life, likewise prayer, prayer comes thorughout the day. it is another test by god to see if we can pray and fit it in our time and as i said another test to see if we can uphold this task god told us too were not noble by anymeans when we pray or dont eat back so i have no idea what soully said about noble we do it because we try our best to apply religion to our life and i never said it anywhere the we are so noble than everybody else this is untrue were not more noble than other people just by praying and fasting the people who think they are more noble our high than anyone are the jews. we are not nicer than a nice person cuz we pray man were not noble becuase we pray we just prove to ourself and to god we can uphold what he asks of us it not because god gets something from us, and i said like million times

you can be nice and all but if you dont go to church to keep your religion up or to prove to yourself that do not put your religion last then your not cristian you are an atheist how do you stay cristian when you say screw you im not going to church to your lord? even when he asks of you, you question him like you do know you think now youre obeying god? yeah you may be nice but you question god whats so cristian in that?

I'm not criticising man, I don't want to start a flame war at all.

It just sounds like earning your way to redemption, like if eventually you do enough you'll be allowed into heaven. The whole point of Christianity is that you can never earn any favour from God, it was already given away for free in the form of Jesus. I guess that's a difficult idea to most, in a nothing is truly free world, there should be a catch.

While there's stuff in the bible where it says church is a good idea, it's not like an order for God's benefit, like it helps him if we do it. It's merely a suggestion that is for human's benefit- it'll help us in our lives. It's not a test of how much of it christians can endure of it to prove thier love at all.

Anyhow don't want to speak on behalf of Christianity too much as I'd hardly consider myself any kind of expert on it, and I don't wanna descend this thread into flamewar, so i'm out for now :)

Hungry Horace
September 24th, 2006, 15:32
topics like this, although commendable, always end up with one party or another feeling the need to "defend themselves" which really isnt the point.

I respect anyone's decision to take a religion, and it's not my place to tell them to do otherwise (as it is not their place to tell me to take a certain religion)

my mum is roman-catholic, and i was christened so myself. At school i attended Chapel every day for 7 years, and would have to pray every day for 12 years. However, like my father, i am a devout athesist. I cannot help but see what goes on in the world and consider religion to be the major cause of most of the evils that happen. To my my mind, their is no "good" or "evil" side, people themselves are not one nor the other, however people can do evil things and that imho is far too often caused by religious belief.

oh and creationsism / intelligent design.... to me seems too much an easy-solution compared to the much more logical, complex and wonderful notion of evolution.

these are the types of ideas that make me an atheist, in spite of my upbringing.

Thekinglotr
September 24th, 2006, 17:24
No disrespect to you or yor faith, thekinglotr, but that right there is the big problem that the majority of people have with your faith. The fact that the believers go actively seeking to convert people. Interrupting people in their daily lives isn't the way to make beievers.

Hey I am just letting everyone know I am willing to share. I might be mistaken, but I don't think jesus sat around waiting for people to come to him.

Hungry Horace
September 24th, 2006, 18:20
Hey I am just letting everyone know I am willing to share. I might be mistaken, but I don't think jesus sat around waiting for people to come to him.

there is a lot of assumption in that statement though, and people dont tend like like assumptions made either about themselves or other events which may-or-maynot have occured.

whlst you may believe your own faith to be correct, you cannot assume that others will come to share your viewpoint on that matter. Even in stating that jesus would have preached christianity, you cannot assume everyone else will agree with that either, (the method or the message) especially given the changes in humankind and social behaviour over the last 2000 years.

dejkirkby
September 24th, 2006, 18:24
I too might be mistaken, but didn't Jesus die because of his faith. If you are likening yourself to Him then are you willing to make the same sacrifice. I thought not!

bullhead
September 24th, 2006, 20:22
Something I just realised:

As society has become more secular over the years, the less barbaric people have become aswell. (We still have some serious flaws though...)

NoQuarter
September 24th, 2006, 20:44
One thing I want to say is that going to or not going to church does not make you a Christian, Tetris999.What make a person a Christian is their faith.

Thekinglotr
September 24th, 2006, 20:47
You know, if it really came down to it, wouldnt any true believer be willing to die for their faith? I would say it is much more difficult to live for your faith than to die for it.

Hungry Horace
September 24th, 2006, 22:48
You know, if it really came down to it, wouldnt any true believer be willing to die for their faith? I would say it is much more difficult to live for your faith than to die for it.

not really... dieing for something goes against every human-beings natural instinct for survival. All you bring forward here is an arguement as to whether there are those such as "true belivers" or whether people's minds are just affected by their living, in which case they could die for anything if they are told to in the right way.

VampDude
September 25th, 2006, 01:06
im an Athiest/Goth/Vampire

I dont have a GOD, nor RELIGION!

Religions kinda suck anyway!

JKKDARK
September 25th, 2006, 01:08
My gods are glam/hair metal bands :)

MasterChafed
September 25th, 2006, 01:22
1 word : Atheist (dont have a religion)

i find it easiest to live life not fearing any consequences and having to be afraid. Believe it or not, it makes life simpler and a lot more fun to live. I DONT CARE WHERE I GO WHEN I DIE!

souLLy
September 25th, 2006, 15:21
I think this should fit nicely in here ;)
http://www.thetrog.com/video/islam-christianity.html

Accordion
September 25th, 2006, 16:47
everyone is religious. fact

VampDude
September 26th, 2006, 01:58
everyone is religious. fact

how'd you figure that???

did you work it out with your accodian?

i'm not religious so your theory is INCORRECT

bullhead
September 26th, 2006, 02:17
he is right. put the tape back on...never argue with accordianboy... ever...

M!ckeY
September 26th, 2006, 03:03
omg!! religion recruiters :eek:

stotheamuel
September 26th, 2006, 16:46

And thats what Mormons say afterwards.... I'm just trying to tell people... dude its the same thing as trying to convert lol.:p

VampDude
October 3rd, 2006, 00:50
he is right. put the tape back on...never argue with accordianboy... ever...

whynot? :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :p :eek: :cool: :D lmao

ACID
October 3rd, 2006, 07:35
omg!! religion recruiters :eek:
I will recruit for the new down to earth scientology:D LOL