PDA

View Full Version : Wii Controller Accuracy Problems ?

wraggster
September 18th, 2006, 21:03
Gamespy's recent preview of Trauma Center: Second Opinion states that, "cutting and stitching [is] difficult with remote." while Kotaku's Brian Crecente referred to Red Steel's controls as, "Janky."

"It just feels like the controls are a little too loose for a shooter. I didn't feel like the reticule was aiming where I was pointing exactly, or when I was pointing there.

Even worse, the game would just lose my controller at times. Apparently what would happened was that my pointer would slip out of the sensor's borders for a second, making the screen kind of slip around while I tried to get it to start recognizing my remote again.

It was annoying, and shouldn't happen at all, let alone a few times in five or so minutes of play. I suspect this has something to do with a sensitivity setting that can still be tweaked. I noticed Metroid Corruption, which could run into the same problem, seemed to re-find the remote very quickly when it happened."

SSaxdude
September 18th, 2006, 21:35
I'm afraid this could be a problem. I'll still buy one though.

Uruz 6
September 18th, 2006, 21:44
Well, there IS still time you know?
Maybe they'll fix it.

SSaxdude
September 18th, 2006, 21:55
Yeah I'm dying with all this waiting.

I'll go play some DS games... is it out now?

philr359
September 19th, 2006, 00:18
they'll fix it

CampaKaze
September 19th, 2006, 00:56
They Better! cause thats the whole point of the Wii, its gotta be really good at what it does or else its just another console that u can mostly use a normal controller for.

philr359
September 19th, 2006, 01:17
They Better! cause thats the whole point of the Wii, its gotta be really good at what it does or else its just another console that u can mostly use a normal controller for.
Exactly! Nintendo wouldn't allow the key feature to suck:D

emuking
September 19th, 2006, 01:24
the person who gave the review just sounds like such a whiner

Kaedyn
September 19th, 2006, 11:28
Gamespot also have problems with red steel. I personally dont think theres much to worry about because he's just complaining that he can get the remote to be accurate. This would be a major problem and i doubt ubisoft and nintendo would look over this.

I could understand that after hours of play and with different people playing the game at these conventions, the calibration could go a bit crazy. However when at home and played by one person, this should not be a problem.

bsg
September 19th, 2006, 13:33
I think that developers, Ubisoft for example, always test their games maybe over 100 times before they actually put the game in the stores.

Testing is part of the developing project.

jstush04
September 19th, 2006, 14:49
I'll have to pin the blame on the developer if something goes wrong, not on the system

masterpaul
September 19th, 2006, 15:02
Apparently its the developers fault. And not the controllers.

Kaedyn
September 19th, 2006, 15:14
if it is the develpoers it'll be soo poo.

Red Steel cannot flop on something like this. Im expecting this game to do what golden eye did for the n64.

jetkey885
September 19th, 2006, 15:35
Gamespy is just hating on Nintendo's system. I'm sure the tester favored another system over Nintendos'. Hell, maybe the tester doesn't even know how to play console games.

jetkey885
September 19th, 2006, 15:39
another thing, maybe Gamespy's tester got his/her a** handed to him/her while testing it in front of a large group of people, then felt ashame a blame it on the system's controller...what a weak player.

bsg
September 19th, 2006, 15:52
Let us send emails to Lucas Arts about how much we would like adventure games (grim fandango/monkey island/etc.) on the Wii.

Here you can contact Lucas Arts:

http://yodashelpdesk.lucasarts.com/email.asp?sid=102939060919080057104025&pid=1368&pnm=Grim%20Fandango©&seid=3568&pos=Windows%2098

fg-54
September 19th, 2006, 21:13
i realy hope they fix it, my ds lite is also giving me alot of problems, i got it 2 days ago and it came with a yellow bottom screen and a dead pixel, then yesterday i returned it for a new one, and it also has a dead pixel, tomorrow i'm gonna try one more time, and if it is still messed up, then i will have no choice but to get my money back and wait until this is fixed.

paul1991
September 19th, 2006, 22:01
IGN said that you had to be 6-7 feet away from the tv for it to work properly. maybe they were too close.

~Tidus~
September 20th, 2006, 19:57
there is no way nintendo would relase anything that wouldn't work. I don't beileve it.

Jenksie
September 20th, 2006, 21:13
Yeah, in the IGN video the guys comments that the controller is not as accurate when closer to the screen and indicates that when he tried previously at about 6 feet it was more accurate. At trade shows etc space limitations may be forcing people too close to the screen,

stotheamuel
September 21st, 2006, 06:15
Wow I love how you guys jump all over this defending Nintendo with every single excuse in the book. Im pretty sure the people testing were specificly chosen. Also how would it be software and not the controller??? i really dont get that

pibs
September 21st, 2006, 08:12
uh oh this doesn't sound good. can the signal also be mest up by someone cooking with their microwave or lets say a helicopter flies by and your wii just goes nuts haha that would suck

Jenksie
September 21st, 2006, 11:38
Wow I love how you guys jump all over this defending Nintendo with every single excuse in the book. Im pretty sure the people testing were specificly chosen. Also how would it be software and not the controller??? i really dont get that

The reason it can be the software is because the signal isn't a simple digital 1/0, everything is analogue. Developers are free to use these signals as they choose, thats confirmed in a number of video interviews.

stotheamuel
September 22nd, 2006, 05:34
oh then my bad.. but still these problems are most likely... i hope i wont have to calibrate every 5 minutes

Jenksie
September 22nd, 2006, 16:47
I agree, the memory inside the controller can hopefully store calibration data but there has been no confirmation on that. With this being so important to the success of the console lets hope that it works out well.

CrackA
September 23rd, 2006, 20:39
Exactly! Nintendo wouldn't allow the key feature to suck:D
might not be anything to do with the console. it could just be a glitch on teh game. hopefully it doesnt happen.

like falling through the ground on GTA :p :o

KCBlack
September 23rd, 2006, 23:17
IGN noted a similar problem with Metroid. They said it was most likely because there were several wii systems and controllers pact together tightly, basically, so sometimes if you moved ur remote to the left it would mess up ur game and someone elses.

stotheamuel
September 24th, 2006, 02:21
might not be anything to do with the console. it could just be a glitch on teh game. hopefully it doesnt happen.

like falling through the ground on GTA :p :o

but falling through the ground has nothing to do with an accesory like the controller

CrackA
September 24th, 2006, 12:45
but falling through the ground has nothing to do with an accesory like the controller
im just saying it could be a problem with the game, if this is true.

~Tidus~
September 24th, 2006, 15:55
I am sure that there will be complaints about the wii but when we all actually buy this thing i am sure it will be nothing to worry about.

As for falling through teh ground thats easy a glitch...