PDA

View Full Version : Wifi Issues

rchief
September 19th, 2006, 01:15
I can't get wifi to work on any homebrew, but it works fine with ds games (mario kart, starfox, etc). Does anyone else have this problem?

i tried both static and dynamic wfc, but neither work.

Any suggestions?

My setup:
DS Lite
SuperCard Lite & SuperKey

kcajblue
September 19th, 2006, 01:34
what are you using to try to connect to. Nintendo Wifi USB Connector, Router, Other wireless USB Adapter.

rchief
September 19th, 2006, 01:35
a Router

rchief
September 26th, 2006, 19:22
i use a ds lite, supercard lite, superkey and d-link DI614+. i can connect to wifi in any commercial games multiplayer but can't on any homebrew apps

is anyone else having this problem?

lexluthor
September 26th, 2006, 19:38
I think you may have to enter your WIFI details by hand.

Do this:
Goto your PC and press "Start" then "Run"
Type: " cmd /k ipconfig /all "
Leave the screen open

Goto a WiFi enabled commercial game.
Open the WiFi settings.
Enter the details by hand from your PC to your DS.

Then it should work.
Ask if there are any questions or if that was explained clearly enough.

rchief
September 26th, 2006, 19:54
yea, im using static settings. i have also tried dynamic settings which also don't work with homebrew.

Hansie
September 27th, 2006, 20:30
I've got the same problem.

spikespiegel12
September 28th, 2006, 05:25
well i wanted to buy this for pokemon pearl and use the wifi ....but if wifi dont work on homebrew what the sense can any one tell me if it possible to use homebrew with wifi i wana get m3 lite

Destroyer699
September 28th, 2006, 05:47
If nothing works maybe re set your router(I don't reccomend). Or you can be cool like me and get a wifi max usb device.

kcajblue
September 28th, 2006, 05:50
Or you can be cool like me and get a wifi max usb device.oh man... the wifi max is a horrible choice. what i did was get the Nintendo Wifi USB Connector. then i hacked it so that it can work with other devices. (the tut in my sig. :))

Destroyer699
September 28th, 2006, 23:38
I have both. I perfer wiwfimax for a strange reason.

Rasputin
September 29th, 2006, 00:35
But the question remains; why can't we get homebrew to connect to our router/AP when commercial games connect just fine?

I have an M3 CF in a DS Phat.