PDA

View Full Version : Out There: Minecraft is the hardest game

wraggster
September 22nd, 2011, 23:04
Forget Dark Souls, one of the hardest games around is Minecraft, says RPG maker Jeff Vogel. For adults. As we've noticed ourselves, kids have no problem simply playing it, dreaming up projects to make and do, made spellbound by possibilities. But adults? Vogel, who runs Avernum developer Spiderweb Software, says:

"What I found so fascinating was that, when I asked my fellow olds what they thought of it, I always got a similar response:
"I didn't know what to do."
"I didn't see the point of it."
"I didn't have a purpose."
And then they looked at me as if all this made perfect, self-evident sense."

Minecraft definitely requires a certain mindset for it to really make sense - but how do you get yourself into the mood?

Meet the Prince in Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time, Yuri Lowenthal, who gives POP-maker Jordan Mechner an account of the challenges of voice acting: "You don’t see a lot of working voice actors getting cast because of their looks. Once again, you have to be a good actor. Not just a pretty face."

Plants Vs Zombies flash mob in Shanghai!

Clearly, giving things a score out of ten is the best way of evaluating them. So you'll be as pleased as we are that ratedoutoften.com has been established to do just this for everything.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/out-there-minecraft-hardest-game