PDA

View Full Version : UK Charts: Lego blocks number one spot

wraggster
September 19th, 2006, 17:41
TT Games and LucasArts have fought their way to the premier position in the UK all-formats charts, as Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy becomes the highest-selling title this week.

Xbox 360 titles Dead Rising and Saints Row both suffer from Lego's climb this week, being pushed back to positions two and three, respectively.

THQs movie tie-in Cars nudges up the charts one place to number four, proving a better ride than Atari's Test Drive Unlimited, which drops back to number five.

The Nintendo DS continues to perform well, with the BAFTA-nominated Dr Kawashima's Brain Training climbing four places to number six, and New Super Mario Bros. stepping up one place to number seven.

The only other exclusive handheld title in the top ten is Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, which drops a place to number eight.

The platinum release of the first Lego Star Wars also benefits from its sequels' marketing, breaking back into the top ten at nine, with The Sims 2 just behind at number ten.

While no new releases made the top ten this week, there is still a healthy number of new games elsewhere in the top forty.

Sony's handheld version of the popular Tekken titles, Dark Resurrection, takes the number 12 spot, with Sega's most recent IP, Yakuza, making its debut at number 20.

Namco's air combat title Ace Combat: The Belkan War swoops into the charts at number 31, and PC adventure game Broken Sword: The Angel of Death makes a modest entry at number 33.

Via Gamesindustry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19777)

Cloud_35
September 19th, 2006, 22:22
LEGO in what system?

JKKDARK
September 19th, 2006, 22:30
Lego in the first place? I can't believe..
Yakuza, a game that I don't have at the moment, I will but it.