PDA

View Full Version : BioWare Plotting Secret DS Title

wraggster
September 19th, 2006, 21:52
Today BioWare, crafter of fine RPGs, announced the formation of a new handheld game development group. Its first game will be a Nintendo DS title and is the company's first foray into portable gaming.

Unsurprisingly, BioWare isn't quite ready to divulge any details about the title. However, its job listings say the company is looking to immediately hire an Art Director and Principal Lead Designer for the new handheld group. Among the Principal Lead Designer's preferred skills are "experience in the design of successful games targeted at the Japanese market," and "experience/passion for Japanese games." Also of note: "Familiarity with the fantasy genre and role-playing games is a must."

The group will be led by project director Dan Tudge, former president and founder of independent developer Exile Interactive. Under his watch, Exile was responsible for a handful of sport titles, including MTV Sports: T.J. Lavin's Ultimate BMX for PlayStation, World Series Baseball 2K2 for Dreamcast, and Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball for GameCube.

"As always, we are committed to creating the best story-driven games in the world, and the Nintendo DS offers us an exciting new platform to engage," said Greg Zeschuk, president of BioWare. "The new project offers tremendous opportunities, and we're looking for talented and passionate developers to become part of that."

CampaKaze
September 19th, 2006, 21:54
Cool! :D

JKKDARK
September 19th, 2006, 22:09
another rpg for ds. I hopse to see screenshots soon..

Junixx
September 19th, 2006, 22:14
Can't wait to hear more details

werpu
September 19th, 2006, 23:42
Something non linear with non cuty figures...
I am somehow sick of all the japanese type rpgs, which feel like being constantly on rails.

Lorestel
September 20th, 2006, 08:52
I hope it makes proper use of the wifi.

pibs
September 20th, 2006, 08:56
man another ds rpg! geesh

saotome22
September 20th, 2006, 18:09
YAY! hope it's something like NWN. it rocked :)