PDA

View Full Version : Beup Live 0.3 Final - MSN For DS Clone

wraggster
September 20th, 2006, 01:03
HtheB (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=103196#103196)has released a new version of his excellent MSN Clone for the Nintendo DS, heres whats new:

Added extra function:
- You can choose to login automatically if Beup connection is lost to the server, or when beup has a SSL failed message

And off course:
-The "Windows Live Messenger 8.0" look again :)

Here is a preview movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDjMCSEHLxE

Enjoy!

HtheB

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Video_freak
September 20th, 2006, 01:04
Cool application! Thanks HtheB! :)

Arimasen
September 20th, 2006, 02:06
Hey, what shell/skin are you using before you launch the Beup?

JKKDARK
September 20th, 2006, 03:18
I need to try this one, thanks HtheB. Nice job ;)

badam
September 20th, 2006, 03:26
have been having trouble with beup. Once its one I get this: "connecting using firmware setup, Associating..." after that comes up it doesnt do anything. Should I put it in the root folder, whats going wrong?

p.s. Im using a max media dock, I got it working only once.

HtheB
September 20th, 2006, 05:32
Here it is ^_^

The skin is only for M3!

Download :
http://rapidshare.de/files/33753334/M3Vista.rar.html

mirror:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VV6SOXBC

^_^

There is no Maxmedia fat in it..
So it doesn't start up at all? or... ?

I'll try to implement it on 0.4

Arimasen
September 20th, 2006, 05:40
Here it is ^_^

The skin is only for M3!

Download :
http://rapidshare.de/files/33753334/M3Vista.rar.html

mirror:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VV6SOXBC

^_^

There is no Maxmedia fat in it..
So it doesn't start up at all? or... ?

I'll try to implement it on 0.4

I have a M3-SD so hopefully it will work.
Where did you get this skin? Is ther a skinning site for the M3?

EDIT: What is this .HTB file? How do I use this?
EDIT2: Oh I put it in /BACKING/ and select it in Options, I got it.

woods05
September 20th, 2006, 05:47
I'm sure it won't work with Max Media but I'll check.

Madelin
September 20th, 2006, 07:13
So is my password saved again when i login? Cos i hate it when my brothers go on my DS and are able to sign into my msn messenger account.

PLus there are alot of bugs in the last version i hope are resolved.

zanysmash
September 20th, 2006, 12:39
working perfectly on SCLite!
Thanks for this app!! :D

Öhr
September 20th, 2006, 13:35
isn kevin or someone like this programming this? what does htheb do?

stefh
September 20th, 2006, 16:19
Stuck with the same f*cking handshake problem for a long long time... Using SC Lite, file is moomshell patched, games work excellent online (original games Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters)

Can't find the solution, searched through many forums already... Isn't there somebody who can help us?

I WANT MSN ON MY DS LITE!!! NOW!!!

zanysmash
September 20th, 2006, 17:04
Stuck with the same f*cking handshake problem for a long long time... Using SC Lite, file is moomshell patched, games work excellent online (original games Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters)

Can't find the solution, searched through many forums already... Isn't there somebody who can help us?

I WANT MSN ON MY DS LITE!!! NOW!!!

check your network and firewall thingies, problem must come from one of those... if you're able to play online games...

walkdontrun
September 20th, 2006, 17:28
has the keyboard been fixed? i use a sc lite/passcard 3. some of the keys werent working properly...if you tried to type "[]" or some of the other punctuation marks, it would be blank. also, is the drawing function working at all for anyone?

stefh
September 20th, 2006, 19:17
check your network and firewall thingies, problem must come from one of those... if you're able to play online games...

thank you for your reply, but if settings are wrong, why does my laptop works perfectly when using MSN?

Do I have to put certain ports open or something?

Xtreme
September 20th, 2006, 20:12
HtheB has released a new version of his excellent MSN Clone for the Nintendo DS
Excuse me but kevinc is the coder of the beup.
Source: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10060

HtheB have made a modified version of the official one, right?

Hansie
September 20th, 2006, 22:24
Ok, with every version of beup i can't connect.

It keeps searching for the firmware setup.
It does the same thing when I use m custom settings.

What port do you need to open on youre router?
Or something else?

badam
September 20th, 2006, 23:36
I have the some problem as the guy above me.

I have been having trouble with beup. Once its one I get this: "connecting using firmware setup, Associating..." after that comes up it doesnt do anything. Should I put it in the root folder, whats going wrong?

ACID
September 20th, 2006, 23:42
Works great with SC Lite

firstknight
September 21st, 2006, 02:22
problem dlding it... hmm...

woods05
September 21st, 2006, 03:09
I can't extract the files. It would be better if they were in .zip

zanysmash
September 21st, 2006, 10:35
thank you for your reply, but if settings are wrong, why does my laptop work perfectly when using MSN?

Do I have to put certain ports open or something?

I didn't open or redirect ports for MSN. So if it's working on your laptop, beup should definitely works on DS...

what i would check :

a) be sure you can connect to a wifi game
b) be sure your MSN login/password are correct
c) if it's not working try another homebrew app that is using wifi (like IRC in DSOrganize...).

d) post the results! good luck

Öhr
September 21st, 2006, 12:42
Excuse me but kevinc is the coder of the beup.
Source: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10060

HtheB have made a modified version of the official one, right?
right, he cant even code in c(++)

HtheB
September 21st, 2006, 16:01
right, he cant even code in c(++)
seems to be you're wrong ;)
you are just jalous :)

firstknight
September 22nd, 2006, 12:29
it stays at the handshake and not connect.. after i restart my router.. it connects.. wats the prob?

duinroosje
September 23rd, 2006, 18:31
smilies arent working in this version

DekuKirby
September 28th, 2006, 21:10
Don't use this with M3 MiniSD...it destroyed my SD card.

Redman3000
September 30th, 2006, 19:43
Don't use this with M3 MiniSD...it destroyed my SD card.

Exactly the same result here... :mad: I had to format my 1gb MiniSD because the M3 saw the games, but Windows XP didn't...

I have Firmware v29 and Game Manager V29. The last version of beup was fine... What's up with this version???

Devedse
October 6th, 2006, 19:11
the only thing that come's is searching, associating, authenticating, acquiring host info from DHCP, cannot connect

zanysmash
October 7th, 2006, 07:34
the only thing that come's is searching, associating, authenticating, acquiring host info from DHCP, cannot connect

same for me and it used to work before... does the msn authentification protocol changed?

edit: just read that the msn server beup 0.3 is using is not a valid one anymore... we'll have to wait for 0.4 version... :(

edit 2: cool... there's a *fixed* version available.

Sil3n7
October 9th, 2006, 14:31
How come it worked before I flashed my ds and now it dosnt but i can get online with the voicedrawing client from stair?

PeterFile
October 9th, 2006, 17:17
It doesn't work, because msn has changed their servers.

Try this: http://www.sivullinen.fi/HtheB/Beup_Live_0.3_Final.rar

zanysmash
October 9th, 2006, 18:39
It doesn't work, because msn has changed their servers.

Try this: http://www.sivullinen.fi/HtheB/Beup_Live_0.3_Final.rar

thanks for this link to the *fixed* version

edit: working great here with the *rein16* version (i patched the file with 'moomshell patcher' from supercard). :cool:

Mastastealth
October 10th, 2006, 15:21
Exactly the same result here... :mad: I had to format my 1gb MiniSD because the M3 saw the games, but Windows XP didn't...

I have Firmware v29 and Game Manager V29. The last version of beup was fine... What's up with this version???

Same here. Wonder what happened...? :(

Smits
October 10th, 2006, 16:24
I have the same drivers and the same game loader, but no problem of corrupted files... How did you manage to do that?

My problem, even after this latest version, is still the handshaking part. I can play any WiFi game online, so is it a ploblem within the router/settings?

I have a M3 mini sd with 1GB Kingston and the only version that "works" is the Chism version. Is that correct? The version I used a week ago (wich also wasn't able to pass handshaking) was a rein!
But now the rein version(s) don't work anymore.

Help? :confused:

zanysmash
October 10th, 2006, 19:08
I have the same drivers and the same game loader, but no problem of corrupted files... How did you manage to do that?

My problem, even after this latest version, is still the handshaking part. I can play any WiFi game online, so is it a ploblem within the router/settings?

I have a M3 mini sd with 1GB Kingston and the only version that "works" is the Chism version. Is that correct? The version I used a week ago (wich also wasn't able to pass handshaking) was a rein!
But now the rein version(s) don't work anymore.

Help? :confused:

i really read your post with attention and i think you're stuck here. router/settings won't be the problem as you can play wifi games + other wifi homebrew as well. i dunno if there's an homebrew patcher available for m3 otherwise you'd better wait for v0.4, it should be released soon i guess.

Smits
October 10th, 2006, 21:06
i really read your post with attention and i think you're stuck here. router/settings won't be the problem as you can play wifi games + other wifi homebrew as well. i dunno if there's an homebrew patcher available for m3 otherwise you'd better wait for v0.4, it should be released soon i guess.

Well, to be honest, I havent quite tried other online hombrews. I only tried DSOrganise, which has a "Homebrew Database", connected to an IRC channel. I can't manage to connect to it. On the other side, with this program you can't manage any settings at all... Same goes for dsLiveWeather; can't connect...

Do you think this has anythind to do with it?
Any other app to test WiFi setting? Or advise?

I thought the M3 is one of the best homebrew capable cards... Why can't I get it to work...:mad:

Edit: I see that a lot of people use Flashme... Do I need it? I just use M3 Perfect miniSD with Pascard 3, I can run everything, only can't connect with these apps!!!

zanysmash
October 11th, 2006, 18:04
Well, to be honest, I havent quite tried other online hombrews. I only tried DSOrganise, which has a "Homebrew Database", connected to an IRC channel. I can't manage to connect to it. On the other side, with this program you can't manage any settings at all... Same goes for dsLiveWeather; can't connect...

Do you think this has anythind to do with it?
Any other app to test WiFi setting? Or advise?

I thought the M3 is one of the best homebrew capable cards... Why can't I get it to work...:mad:

Edit: I see that a lot of people use Flashme... Do I need it? I just use M3 Perfect miniSD with Pascard 3, I can run everything, only can't connect with these apps!!!

nah passcard 3 is perfect, try the wifivoicechatclient homebrew. try it and give me the results... btw, what's your router model?

linkenski
October 11th, 2006, 18:47
it works with MMD. just put it in root folder and rename it to bootme.nds

Smits
October 11th, 2006, 22:34
nah passcard 3 is perfect, try the wifivoicechatclient homebrew. try it and give me the results... btw, what's your router model?

Ok, I tried WiFi voiceChat. First I can connect, then the double screen comes with all the colors etc.
it keeps beeping and giving the message "send latency". Doesn't seem t work either.

My router specs:
Versatel Multimedia Modem
Davolink DV-201AMR
(Wireless LAN)

Need more info? i can give it, but don't really know what is needed to solve the probs...

firstknight
October 12th, 2006, 02:22
for me the problem is that i have to reset my router in order for it to work.. the next problem is that if i go to a starbucks... i cant connect cos i cant reset the router... darn...

Smits
October 15th, 2006, 18:09
Can anyone please give me some help/info on my (previously mentioned) problem?

Smits
October 16th, 2006, 14:55
I seem to have it working now :)

Nobody told you need to:
- Switch off WEP encryption instead of on
- Make SSID (AP) visible instead of invisible
So now it works, but I havo totally no secrurity AT ALL.
Nice huh?
Onze I'm in, I can switch the visibility off, so it isn't that much of a problemm but still...

No I am stuck with the emoticons etc. I have a folder named 'BEUP' on the root dir. with smileys etc. Still, it doesn't see that.

mattsw
October 16th, 2006, 18:07
Hmm, SSL failure...

Smits
October 16th, 2006, 22:22
Hmm, SSL failure...
And with that, you mean... :confused:
I know what SSL is, but do you mean to refer to me, or are you just saying you have an encryption error?

autumnXashes
October 17th, 2006, 08:12
i use a SuperCard SD i tried connecting and nothing connectsstuck at the WiFi config screen.. all other hombrew connect and DS games no problem... can anyone help ?

Smits
October 18th, 2006, 10:13
Try using static settings instead of automatic. Beup only seems to seek the first setting (settings of DS WiFi I mean, wich you can change in games). So give your primairy settings a static IP, static DNS, etc etc.

Also: - You have to make your SSID/AP visible
- Disable WEP encryption in your router

Maybe It will work now?

autumnXashes
October 23rd, 2006, 08:16
for you ppl having problems with connecting i tried it and it was a fluke but i get in everytime now... i enter my info and spam the Use Custom button.. and it take sme to the loggin screen

Jeromel
October 25th, 2006, 20:39
Here's my setup:

DS Heavy (Launch version)
DS-Link (English)
BeUp Live 0.3 Final

Here's my problem:
I used to be able to connect using BeUp 0.2 but since the server change and BeUp 0.3 I haven't been able to connect using DS-Link and even my SCSD (Which used to both work with 0.2). I get stuck at the "Handshaking" part. I think that with the server change they must have changed the ports used, too. So can anyone tell me which ports needs to be opened so that BeUp will work? or am I barking up the wrong tree which this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found an updated version that worked. Anyone that has BeUp stuck at the Handshake point should go to the developer's site and get the updated 0.3 because it will have the server change already compiled.

NiQ
October 31st, 2006, 20:24
I cant get Beup to login. What files from the Beup Live 0.4 Final should I use with M3 Lite?
I cant get pass the handshake

NiQ
October 31st, 2006, 21:05
whot?! Now I got in! :D
But....

The first time I got "SSL connect failed" but the at the second retry I got logged in.
now when Im trying again after a logout, I keep on getting "SSL connect failed" all the time. :/
how come? what is this error?

neon_hippy_wwwww
November 13th, 2006, 02:19
Does it work on max media player (datel)?

neon_hippy_wwwww
November 13th, 2006, 02:21
have been having trouble with beup. Once its one I get this: "connecting using firmware setup, Associating..." after that comes up it doesnt do anything. Should I put it in the root folder, whats going wrong?

is it wifi or just wireless with a nearby user? can also access the internet with it?

imoneofthem
November 20th, 2006, 00:30
I think I'll wait until they release a version that features WEP support.

afrozz
November 20th, 2006, 21:24
i'm stuck at handskake
i'm using SuperCard Lite and micro SD
but i got other wifi games to work...

what's wrong with it??

:confused:

there'r a lot of files inside the zip..
which one should i choose??
and how do i install it onto my ds?
just drag the "Beup Live 0.3.nds" to my memory card??

esieens
December 3rd, 2006, 07:33
Same question for me really.

I have a M3 SD. Can play all games online without any problem. Only one wifi configuration setup and I also tried with setting a static ip rather than using DHCP. All works fine for games but I am having no luck with beup 0.3 final.

It just says 'searching'...

Any idea?
Thanks

guillaumel
December 5th, 2006, 07:50
Hello !
Did someone can tell me if it run on Datel's Max Media ?!...
Thanks !

sugarspun58
December 8th, 2006, 16:21
hi all,

I'm having the handshake problem too. I tested wifiVoicechat and could connect to that, i was using the screen with some french guy. (The MIC didn't work, MIC Overflow... and I could not hear him speak either - but not worried, I connected so homebrew Wifi is working)

Any ideas on the beup handshake problem?

(using M3 + Passcard 3, with 4GB CF)

vjdewina
December 8th, 2006, 16:46
I Cant conect to WiFi it says:

Searching...
Associating...
Authenting...
Acquiring host info from DHCP...
Cannot connect.

what do i have to do?
(i have a Nintendo Ds Lite black and a supercard SD)

toymin80r
December 10th, 2006, 04:01
It'll work on the Max Media, but on the MMP it'll freeze up after a while. Does anyone know how i can disable the clock, because thats the reason it freezes up, i think.

TrizoLakai
December 10th, 2006, 09:54
The handshake problem has been fixed here :
http://www.sivullinen.fi/HtheB/Beup_Live_0.3_Final.rar

sugarspun58
December 11th, 2006, 00:25
The handshake problem has been fixed here :
http://www.sivullinen.fi/HtheB/Beup_Live_0.3_Final.rar

Thanks mate, I extracted the beup folder and put the ds.gba and nds file from the Chism folder in the same folder. Working perfectly :)

Benedictine
December 13th, 2006, 18:28
I found a rare solution to mi problem.

The problem:

When i run Beup (the last version) it says:

"Connecting using firmware setup: Searching..."

And it stays like that forever, and in the lower screen i can enter ip adress gateway and subnet mask but that doesnt change anything.

The solution in my case

I run mario kart, conect to WIFI and look for oponents for a couple of seconds. Then i press L+R+A+B+X+Y to go to the main screen of my SuperCard without turning the power off. Then i run beup and now it works perfect.

I hope it's usefull.

Saludos!

Bibin
December 16th, 2006, 00:51
Eck, the custom connect doesn't work.

Bibin
December 16th, 2006, 00:58
Nevermindsss it works now. Great! Very professional looking.

Bibin
December 16th, 2006, 03:12
DARNIT, it works great on my max media launcher from a flash cart, but freezes during conversation sometimes.

danddman
June 1st, 2007, 20:49
I keep on getting a the same error message

After
"Done. Authenticating.. (takes about -6 seconds):

I get the message:

"SSL connect failed"

DarkPGR
June 3rd, 2007, 15:29
Same for me, worked once, disconnected a couple of minutes, tried to connect again and said "SSL Connect Failed" and havent been able to connect again...

Diddy Death Jr
July 1st, 2007, 16:43
For some reason, it won't run on my DS. I'm using an M3 Simply, and have tried using both the SD and MicroSD versions, and neither will start up. The SD version did the first time I tried it, but as I was entering my username the battery died, and it now just shows the butterfly on the bottom screen and won't advance any further. If anyone has any idea why, I'd really appreciate it.

Predator04
October 16th, 2007, 02:26
i got it working on my r4 card. but once i change my status to online or anything like that it freezes. i cant open any contacts b4 that either. whats going on. can someone help me? thanks!

arnold_disco
October 17th, 2007, 17:43
Works fine now i downloaded from htheb's website.

drolletje14
January 23rd, 2008, 16:30
same problem here!?!?

gamer8000
January 26th, 2008, 15:52
If you're looking for a great UK supplier of R4DS and DSTT cards, go to www.r4revolution.co.uk

I bought an R4DS from them and i received it after 2 days. Just thought i'd share this with all my fellow gamers.

kkk95
April 6th, 2008, 16:41
i cant get on to the htheb website

kkk95
April 6th, 2008, 16:48
htheb website doesnt let me get onto it

Rabla
August 27th, 2008, 09:01
wat folder do you take it from to get it workin on r4?

HtheB
August 31st, 2008, 14:50
We all know that my old site was suddenly gone down, this is because Area-DS shut his doors down.
I thank the Area-DS team for their help they gave me. :)
We all know that Beup Live also doesn't work anymore (gives an SSL error while logging in.)
My computer got broken (the mainboard got messed up I think :( ) so I couldn't do anything to get Beup Live back to work
I'm on holiday at the moment, and will return soon back to home.
Ah and the last thing for today: A new project is on his way......... ;)

Please check out my new site for details: www.HtheB.com

Suizo21
October 12th, 2008, 16:40
guys..im new..what do i do?
i downloaded the file but how the heck do i get it to the DS?