PDA

View Full Version : How did you discover DCEmu? REBORN!

The Hombrew Hunter
September 20th, 2006, 02:25
Well, it was early summer, I decided to check if there were new codes for GBA (I have a MAX Duo) and saw the ad for the Max Media Player. I was like "HOLY SHIZZNIT! This is awesome!" I shouted (poor, naive me...) "NES on DS?" I asked, having seen SNES and NES on my friend's PSP about a month earlier. I looked at the mini site and saw many things about homebrew. I decided to google "NES on DS" and found out about DCEmu. I looked to download some cool stuff, and found the forums. For two days, I was mad that I couldn't download anything because I wasn't a forum member. Finally, I decided to join. I made (what I thought back then) a stupid name, and made my first post about the Max Media Player. I became attached to the forums, and my name, and then decided to stay and post a lot. I went to Warren about 2 weeks later to take care of my aunt, and got my friend up there to try PSP homebrew. I did my best to get my mom to buy me that Player or Dock, but she continually said "It's too expensive." Thank GOD she didn't let me get it. When we left Warren and my cousin (who lives in Texas) came with my uncle, my uncle slipped me $40 to go with a leftover 20 dollars from my birthday. My mom bought me that M3 for the 60 dollars, and I became more and more active. I eventually became a moderator, which is now present day!

*whew*...So. How about you guys?

JKKDARK
September 20th, 2006, 03:17
I was searching emulators/homebrew games for my DC and PS2, and I found this nice site :)

BrooksyX
September 20th, 2006, 03:21
Well back when I was younger I used to get links to this site through google when ever I would look for cheats or help. But I never really payed much attention to it or became a member. When I got my psp I started going on other forums but noticed that they all sucked. Then one day I came here and realized that it is probably the best homebrew forum on the net. So I decided to join and I have been posting away ever since.

Xiro
September 20th, 2006, 03:24
I was on qj.net and reading an erroneous article. In the comments was a post by someone saying "Screw QJ, its all lies. dcemu.co.uk is the best for news for all systems and only releases confirmed news."

Needless to say, here i am

DPyro
September 20th, 2006, 03:48
It was because of PSmonkey that I found these forums. His first proposal to create an N64 emu really got me interested, and needless to say...here I am now! :D

Dull Blade
September 20th, 2006, 03:50
It was 3 years ago approx, i got board of my dc. and was looking at some info on the internet, concerning good games I sould probably get. then i discoved the site.

PSPdemon
September 20th, 2006, 03:54
I found dcemu when someone told me that there was a Web Browser hack for psp ( when i bought my psp back in march :p )

kinda followed the psp scene from there ( including the times when everyone thought that there was NO WAY 1.5 was going to be homebrew compatible :) )

and then i saw Iris and really started becoming more with the scene.... ( was wanting to make a modification of Iris to make it look like Halo :D )

after the c&d i decided to do mods for different homebrew games...

and here i am now.... having my own site.... ( very special thanks to wraggs and the rest of the staff for allowing me to have one.... MUCH IS APPRECIATED ) and doing what i love doing....make mods for people :p

razorak
September 20th, 2006, 03:56
i found it when i was doing some research on the psp :)

Shilo
September 20th, 2006, 04:01
When the GTA Eloader came out, I googled "PSP Homebrew". Been here ever since.

thumpa
September 20th, 2006, 04:46
looking for stuff for the psp

Nafogel
September 20th, 2006, 06:06
I used to all ways be on psp-hacks.com, but one day i was browsing google for homebrew when i came across this site. I sure am glad i found it, because it seems like psp-hacks only updated their news once or twice a week, while dcemu had constant updates almost 24 hours a day. I've been pretty much hooked since then.

Video_freak
September 20th, 2006, 06:23
I just typed in "PSP news" on Google and this site showed up. It brought me into the homebrew world! :)

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2006, 06:45
I sort of migrated from the dcemulation.com site.. I was just some idiot their. I joined here to post screenshots and help with a compatability thread for the Chankast emulator when it came out (on my birthday). Sadly my post with the screenshots was looked down upon as the GDROM was never emulated, and thus, Chankast required either warez or a somewhat complicated ripping process to do almost anything on Chankast. As dcemulation.com was always my news source for everything dreamcast homebrew and the fact that wraggster did what i felt was a better job of news posting I stuck around here, became a respected user and became a mod back when idiots with their PSP's were just discovering what "emulation" and "homebrew" was.

I also invented the internets.

pibs
September 20th, 2006, 07:54
a week after psp release i had heard about the web browser on psp, did a bit of research somehow found out that emulation was possible on psp, went to google, typed "psp homebrew" and i would always mingle around until i finally registered back in feb of 06 because downloads became restricted to members only.

Btw this has to be the best psp site ever :D

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 08:05
i knew the site on the year 2000, i havent put attention till october, homebrew and hacks on the psp? i was like wow, i checked on google and obvious that this site appeared, by december, my first homebrew was step mania for psp, then downloaded other stuff here, this site rocks, nice people, educted.................
love it

souLLy
September 20th, 2006, 09:18
I sort of migrated from the dcemulation.com site.. I was just some idiot their. I joined here to post screenshots and help with a compatability thread for the Chankast emulator when it came out (on my birthday). Sadly my post with the screenshots was looked down upon as the GDROM was never emulated, and thus, Chankast required either warez or a somewhat complicated ripping process to do almost anything on Chankast. As dcemulation.com was always my news source for everything dreamcast homebrew and the fact that wraggster did what i felt was a better job of news posting I stuck around here, became a respected user and became a mod back when idiots with their PSP's were just discovering what "emulation" and "homebrew" was.

I also invented the internets.

Respected??!!?!?

I kid <3

Darksaviour69
September 20th, 2006, 10:02
i was a mod and newsposter at boob.co.uk. (2002-3 i think)Wraggs at the time posted pretty much all the news at dcemulation.com, and i had a wee rivalry with him ( beat him in posting news).

One day which hunting for news, i found dcemu.co.uk before it was launched. Wraggs said that he was impressed that i found it and asked me to join, i agreed ( at the time i saw dcemu.co.uk to be a potenial replacement for consolevison.com, i site i loved till it fell apart)... then he bump a few of us to admins, and he has not been able to get rid of me since

souLLy
September 20th, 2006, 11:08
I'll give mine I guess. I'd been a regular at DCEmulation.com for years and over time had been staff there as well as at Boob and Consolevision. Consolevision was all beginning to fall apart and I just managed to find DCEmu.co.uk one day and realised it was Wragg's project (I'd known him for yonks from the scene and from chatting on irc from the early days) I'm not sure if Lyonhrt or Darksaviour were involved yet (probably were) and I liked the idea of the site, so I offered my services for a redesign (The v1 of the site was a rehash of a different site's design if anyone remembers it) I quickly got promoted to admin and have been helping out behind the scenes ever since.

There's a ton of scene politics inbetween i've carefully missed out. ;)

Darksaviour69
September 20th, 2006, 11:28
could u mean this design?
http://web.archive.org/web/20040615052218/http://www.dcemu.co.uk/

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/memberlist.php?&order=ASC&sort=joindate&pp=60

you beat me by 6 days

dejkirkby
September 20th, 2006, 13:17
I found the site many moons ago after searching for DC homebrew. I never joined up until I really started getting into PSP homebrew. Now it's like the 3rd site I go on daily and the one I trawl in the most.

razorak
September 20th, 2006, 13:50
i spend a good load of time here :P
find it a perfect way of spending leisure time...lol

Kaiser
September 20th, 2006, 15:07
I discovered this site back in the first days of hello world when I was wandering around google looking for "emulators for systems" to be exact. Eventually I came across a site called "PSPhackers.net" and slowly learned about the Hello World and the the early coders of for FW 1.0. Frustrated at the fact this site had so many ads and spyware hidden on it I began searching around again going from one crappy PSP site to the next until I made my way here. After learning the release of the swaploit and seeing a guy named Sougen release a near full speed Genesis emu on these boards I decided to register. Eventually I became hooked and unlike other sites in the past I saw my self coming back every day to both PSP-News and these forums.

Eventually 1timeuser (who was once the only PSP mod) reccomended me to Wraggs and I got involved in the staff side of things. Around this time I also started to dabble in DS and DC homebrew. After some time I started doing more and more site work and even a little news posting here and their across the other network sites.

Met a lot of great people since joining the site and the community has always been my favorite part of console homebrew.

*Interestingly enough, PSPhackers.net, the site with so many ads and warez, would eventually be bought out and re-introduced to the world as PSPupdates.

1stvinicius
September 20th, 2006, 17:32
Just after DCemulation started its lack-of-updates agony... 2 or 3 years ago

ACID
September 20th, 2006, 17:34
:D
I just typed in "PSP news" on Google and this site showed up. It brought me into the homebrew world! :)
Ha lol thats the same thing that happend to me.:D

ExcruciationX
September 20th, 2006, 18:43
I was a lurker at Psp-Hacks.com (Because I googled "PSP Hacks" and found it). I have been following the PSP Scene since the first Hello World script came out for 1.00. I kept watching the scene, through them. Then, a user posted a comment (Like Nafogel's story) that said DCEmu was better, but I ignored it. Then, on Feb 23 2006, I heard about PSmonkey's N64 emulator, and the link brought me to this site. It looked great, so I decided to register.

*Interestingly enough, PSPhackers.net, the site with so many ads and warez, would eventually be bought out and re-introduced to the world as PSPupdates.
That's interesting! How do you know that, Kaiser?
It makes sense, because PSPupdates is crap, dressed up!

Malksta
September 20th, 2006, 18:59
Just after i bought my 2.0 PSP, I was searching google about Homebrew and eventually i found Fanjita's site and his Eboot-Loader. I've been using it for about a week but then i found out about the 2.0 Downgrader by MPH, downgraded my PSP and found this site after searching google "PSP 1.5 Homebrew" Wasn't very interested in DCEmu at the time, but after a month or so, I started posting and became interested in all this Homebrew and Emulation stuff and now, DCEmu is like my 2nd Home :D

SSaxdude
September 20th, 2006, 21:20
Googled ''psp homebrew."

Kramer
September 20th, 2006, 21:45
I did the same as Video_freak just searched PSP news found this place and then learnt about homebrew after that I was hooked now I come here everyday.

NoQuarter
September 20th, 2006, 22:11
I was working in the coffee shop of a local bookstore when one of our regular customers came in with his psp.I started talking and he showed me the snes emu using swaploit,I was instantly hooked!!!
I lurked around this and some other psp sites before I decided Dcemu is the best and decided to join the forums
God this place rox!
Absolutely the best psp site,best staff and forum members.Thanx for hooking us all up Wraggy :)

Apoklepz
September 20th, 2006, 22:25
Funny story...I was getting harrased over at Qj.net PSP forums, because I told a personal experience of mine with some gangster wannabee teenagers trying to steal my PSP in a gas station from my niece who was playing it at the moment. I just said that I got to her at the exact moment they were trying to open my car door and try to steal it from her, while probably hurting her too and crap started to fall down on me because they thought I was trying to be "hard" and "cool" by telling my story.

...So, I said...this site (Qj) is full of morons (not everyone, but mostly everyone there)...I'm outta here...Googled PSP emulation, and walla! Here I've been, lovin' it ever since.

I remember meeting Bullhead at the time and he looked out for me through those pesky flaming coments at Qj...Man we really shut them up.lol

ninja9393
September 20th, 2006, 22:56
i saw on some site psp hombrew so i googled psp homebrew and i found this site and it was the best psp hacking

It brought me into hombrew
It helped me make hombrew
It has so much hombrew to download so

DCEMU ROCKS:D

Shadowblind
September 20th, 2006, 22:57
I was on PSP-Hacks.com and saw PSMonkey posted about his emu here. So I came on over and joined.

May not be a big, enchanted storyline, but it was effective.

jonezybaby
September 20th, 2006, 23:19
All Hail DCEMU!!!! :P

Junixx
September 20th, 2006, 23:36
Hm, i think i was searching for a way to play media on my DS, found out about the GBAMP, it's cheap price, the firmware hack, and Moonshell ^.^ after that i was getting more interested in it (at the time i had no clue what homebrew was) and googled "Nintendo DS Hacks" and stumbled upon this site

DCEmu is the best site out there :D

oafan
September 21st, 2006, 01:07
looking to update my seldomly used 1.5 psp found psp-hacks though playstation.com, then went to pspupdates until i found this great site though there. never updated thankfully

Jeremysr
September 21st, 2006, 01:08
I found it on Google, when I was searching for DS homebrew.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 21st, 2006, 01:25
Voila, not walla.

GRAMMAR NAZI!

The story of the grammar nazi...

I don't like improper grammar for some reason.

END!

ninja9393
September 21st, 2006, 01:29
Voila, not walla.

GRAMMAR NAZI!

The story of the grammar nazi...

I don't like improper grammar for some reason.

END!
That story touched my heart:p

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 21st, 2006, 16:02
last year in 7th grade, i started algebra 1, and the class requiered a ti-83 plus graphing calculater. i knew from somewhere that u could put games on that. within a week i was obsessed with calculater homebrew. i did a google search on games for it one day, and clicked on a site which had some psp homebrew on it. (i had a psp at the time) i just browsed through it and forgot about it. i eventually got bored of my calculator, and i remembered that website about those psp games that u could put on your memory stick, so i went to some homebrew sites, one of which was dcemu, and downloaded some games. then i searched for how to put them on, and i found out how to. after i put them on, they wouldnt run. so i did research on why they wouldnt run, and saw a link at dcemu. i read through the forums and found out a lot about the psp, and about how sony hates homebrew. i had saw the site before, but never thought of joining. i joined, and and quickly became addicted. so addicted that if i wanted to stop going to this site, i think someone would have to build a re-hab center speciallizing in dcemu addictions.

i know my story has way to much detail, but thats just how i am

M!ckeY
September 21st, 2006, 23:10
i don't remeber how i got here...oh well, the good thing is i made it here :)

zidanerick
October 26th, 2006, 19:17
Wally introduced me to this site when i first got my psp which wasnt that long ago, and i must say that you guys are like family now.

BlueCrab
October 27th, 2006, 01:40
I heard about the site from wraggster while he was working on it, and just joined up.... back when the dreamcast was the only console here.

quzar
October 27th, 2006, 02:30
I was here when it was called dcemu because of emulation on the dreamcast. iirc, I was here the day the site went public (and a few days before due to being linked repeatedly), but refused to join because I felt (and still do feel) that what is needed in the Dreamcast scene is cooperation as opposed to rival sites dividing user bases.

Destroyer699
October 27th, 2006, 03:02
I, like Homebrew Hunter, found this from Datel. I bought a 4gig max media player(I was young and foolish)and messed around with it for a week. When I decided to visit their poorly designed mini site(you know why its mini, because you can't maxamize the window)and I saw some sites on the left. At the top I saw a picture of the site and a caption that said
It’s one of the best DS home brew sites on the net! At DS Emulation, you can check out all the latest public domain games, applications and emulators, as well as reading about the latest DS news. And as well as the apps, games, emulators and more stored on the site, it also offers links to plenty more home brew programs elsewhere on the net. After that I waited around for a month or so and then registered. After that its been like nothing else.

SnesR0X
October 27th, 2006, 05:14
right after the 2.71 downgrader became avaliable, i got it, and looked for devhook, this link showed up on google http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29032

it introduced me to homebrew, and it's in my favs, that's how i get to the site every time:)

Darksaviour69
October 27th, 2006, 09:23
I was here when it was called dcemu because of emulation on the dreamcast. iirc, I was here the day the site went public (and a few days before due to being linked repeatedly), but refused to join because I felt (and still do feel) that what is needed in the Dreamcast scene is cooperation as opposed to rival sites dividing user bases.

the problem is that management at other site refuse to keep it up-to-date, or to let anyone update it. they are happy to keep it 3-4 years out of date. I understand that splitting the scene is not good, that why i link to every legal dc scene site on the front of dcnews. But dcnews is the only dc scene site that covers all dc news effectively.

VampDude
February 3rd, 2007, 02:52
ummm, I can't quite remember???

but all I know is that I was here 7 months before I decided to join and start posting! lol :)

mexicansnake
February 3rd, 2007, 04:10
I remember, fanjita talked about this place, the n64 emulator by PSmonkey... these 2 are the best reasons :), then I started to release my games here.

ShadowKnight
February 3rd, 2007, 04:41
ShadowProphet introduced me to the site and now I am here quite often. At least twice a day.

S34MU5
February 3rd, 2007, 08:55
I used PSP-hacks.com :eek:

Then I found there update where slow...

So I search google for PSP Hacks Emulation and stuff.

First thing that came up was DCEmu. Registered and downloaded from then, Only found the forums like a month after :p

Best thing since.

scarph
February 3rd, 2007, 09:08
google.com>psp homebrew

the_eternal_dark
February 3rd, 2007, 21:02
I visited off and on for about a year before joining.

pt9087
February 3rd, 2007, 21:46
I used to use psphacks and qj but then came across DCEmu( the best site )

jonezybaby
February 3rd, 2007, 22:18
At the time i new Sweet FA about the psp or homebrew, if u sed hey jonezy wanna here about psp homebrew? i be like wat the F*** is homebrew. so i was lookin on edonkey (R.I.P) and saw sum psp games on there and wondered how to get them workin so i looked into it, googled it for days on end and found fastloader. downloaded it and was well chuffed, then say a link sayin about bein able 2 play sonic the hedgehog on a psp.
i was like wah? crazy? then clicked a link of a certain web addy www.dcemu.co.uk and saw how well designed the site was and how easy it was 2 use (and ya have 2 sign up b4 ya can download) so i sign up 4 Dgen and since ive been on this site at least 3 mebe more times aday. love this site to death. lets hope it lasts foreva!!!!