PDA

View Full Version : PS1P - psone(ps1/psx) emulator for psp!

raphabot
September 20th, 2006, 03:45
heres another video of that ps1 emulator running that weird racing game, apparently it now shows it being launched from the xmb and also seems to support the analog stick. speed seems to have been vastly improved too. ive found it at google video and re-posted in youtube (maybe its not ready yet because you have to wait a little for it to work)

the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxdExmBC3uk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxdExmBC3uk
o/

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 08:14
hmm..........
goes to a speed that is decnt, but not good enough, im impressed with this emulator, a big leap to the future emulators:)

pibs
September 20th, 2006, 08:23
i thought this was just someone who created a clip of playing the game and ran it off the video section of their psp?

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 08:25
no, the guy actually proved that it play on game section as a normal eboot, but what tempts me is that no menu to choose the game...........

pibs
September 20th, 2006, 08:42
to tell ya the truth i didn't even waste my time clicking the video hahaha but now i did since u mentioned that but yea acn u got a very good point there that he doesn't even have a menu. i guess we will just have to wait for the sony one to get cracked and put in our devhooks

Tinnus
September 20th, 2006, 12:27
Hmm, it appears the MS light is flasing at the right times :)

Looks real to me--but then again, don't take my word for it :p

DPyro
September 20th, 2006, 15:56
Looks like the load iso option is hard coded into the eboot right now :rolleyes:

ACID
September 20th, 2006, 16:01
I agree with sniper.

bullhead
September 20th, 2006, 16:32
I dont understand what sniper said. Can someone please explain so i will know for future referece?

dejkirkby
September 20th, 2006, 16:52
It means basically that the emulator has been coded to automatically load the iso rather than wait for instructions to load it. Progamming a menu system probably isn't a priority yet.

GWRGMR
September 20th, 2006, 16:53
he means the iso is automatically loaded when the eboot is ran, the loading of the iso is "coded" in the eboot.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 20th, 2006, 17:55
Paahhh videos WE WANT A RELEASE !!!! still looks good tho any news on $ONYs one ??

Shuin0
September 20th, 2006, 18:05
I'd be more impressed if they showed a different game atleast. Show something like GT2 and lets see how it runs.

mr_nick666
September 20th, 2006, 18:05
Paahhh videos WE WANT A RELEASE !!!! still looks good tho any news on $ONYs one ??

If waiting means we get a good emulator then wait I shall! :p Its looking really promising and certainly looks faster than the last clip! :D

DPyro
September 20th, 2006, 18:07
FYI this is a different emulator than PSX-P...Looks like this one is called PS1P.

Tomppa
September 20th, 2006, 19:36
Hmm, maybe he coded a neat video player :D Well, anyway, once ther is a release of it, I believe it's not fake.

pkmaximum
September 20th, 2006, 20:00
Man the new fad must be ccreating videos of PS1 emulators =O

DPyro
September 20th, 2006, 20:08
Looks real to me :rolleyes:

psman
September 20th, 2006, 20:16
wow now thats what psp emulation is all about

NeoXCS
September 20th, 2006, 20:25
It seems real from what I can tell. It doesn't have any (that I saw) of the tell tale fake signs. Except the lack of a release but that doesnt mean anything. We'll just have to wait. :)

KingPepper
September 20th, 2006, 20:38
As Sony are bringing out a Perfect Emulator in everyway for us to use anyway, there's no point, using any other version, as sony's is running at full speed as if its on a PS1.......... DOH :rolleyes:

blaz3d
September 20th, 2006, 20:44
Looks real to me :rolleyes:
hmm if ya say so, i just hope so :D cant wait for a ps1 release

As Sony are bringing out a Perfect Emulator in everyway for us to use anyway, there's no point, using any other version, as sony's is running at full speed as if its on a PS1.......... DOH :rolleyes:

because some will progress more than others, some will have more speed, some compatibility.

peace

~Tidus~
September 20th, 2006, 20:44
i will start homebrewing my PSP when an N64 emulator comes out for it.

Malksta
September 20th, 2006, 20:46
i will start homebrewing my PSP when an N64 emulator comes out for it.

There already is two..

Cloud_35
September 20th, 2006, 20:48
Don't keep us waiting!!!!!

We want PSX!!!!

(ahem...)

~Tidus~
September 20th, 2006, 20:53
There already is two..

Do they work 100 % ?

felonyr301
September 20th, 2006, 21:49
nothing would work 100% when it comes to emulation.

xlokichaosx
September 20th, 2006, 21:59
*Shrug* I think it's fake. Just like the rest of them, theres always a video and never a file. When did StrmnNrmn put videos up before a release? Or even the people who made SNES? If there was a PSone Emu that worked, I'm sure it would already be released especially if they put up videos. I dunno about you guys, but iv'e seen like a 1000 "Ps1 Emulator" videos. Believe what you want, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

FFVII Portable would rock =D

BL4Z3D247
September 20th, 2006, 22:02
nothing would work 100% when it comes to emulation.
aint that the truth :), i have to say though this video looks legit...still would like to see a release of either PS1 emu :cool:

Tinnus
September 20th, 2006, 22:42
Not necessarily. What you have is a video of a PSP showing Ridge Racer (and very briefly). And Sony's word (as if it's much).

1) They could tweak the emulator to run one game specifically.

2) It might not be an emulator. Maybe Namco just had the code and Sony recompiled it for the PSP.

3) It might be a video. Why can this one be just a video and Sony's one can't?

I'm not saying for sure that Sony WON'T come out with a fullspeed emulator (but it will NEVER get full compatibility, that's *impossible* in an emulator). But maybe they showed that AS IF it was one, while the real thing was work in progress and they will just release it when it's done.

If not why the heck wouldn't them be using it already? THAT is a good point :rolleyes: WHat brings me to the next one:

Sony is not going to enable you to play what you want. PERIOD. They're not stupid. They will want to make more money. They will bundle the emulator with 2 or 3 games in an UMD or pay-per-download and then (re-)sell the games.

Nintendo did the same thing with NES on the GBA. And Sega with Game Gear on Palm OS.

(BTW the Sega emulator is crap, LJP runs a lot better than it :p)

*Shrug* I think it's fake. Just like the rest of them, theres always a video and never a file. When did StrmnNrmn put videos up before a release? Or even the people who made SNES? If there was a PSone Emu that worked, I'm sure it would already be released especially if they put up videos. I dunno about you guys, but iv'e seen like a 1000 "Ps1 Emulator" videos. Believe what you want, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

FFVII Portable would rock =D
I don't agree someone would want to release a half-done PS1 emulator. First, there's the risk of everyone saying "that's crap", and second there's the risk of Sony getting a C&D letter to you. It's not that they have any legal background to be able to do so, but money talks. So whoever it is probably will only release it when he/she feels like it's playable.

Not that I think the community would let a C&D letter get in the way of a good PS1 emulator. Heh.

Well, that's just my point of view. Everything I said is speculation... Maybe I'm just too hopeful to be able to play FF7 on the go :p

mavsman4457
September 20th, 2006, 22:57
(BTW the Sega emulator is crap, LJP runs a lot better than it :p)

Oh so true!

DragonPimpsta
September 20th, 2006, 23:04
nice, looks good enough to actually get a game going with the lag not too laggy. :D!

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 23:12
ok, i believe the emulator, reason is that it actually shows the eboot loading, then black screen pops out and loading th iso and the orange light blinking too, the game is playing with crappy frame skip view, also i saw little codes say vba? or something on and off...........................
ill search the program if its available around the internet.................

aries2k4
September 20th, 2006, 23:24
So who is supposedly the coder(s) for this emu? Is this the one that is base off of pacfan´s? work? I don´t remember the coders name.

emuking
September 20th, 2006, 23:44
yay finally a real ps1 emu :D

Nafogel
September 20th, 2006, 23:54
I like emulators. They are my friends.

zodttd
September 20th, 2006, 23:54
I strongly believe it's not based on PacManFan's code, unlike some other PS1 emulators in development. Just by looking at the text in the corner saying VSync Bias...PacManFan's code is basically PCSX with a broken MIPS Dynarec, no offense. Using PCSX's BIAS it's setting is between 1-16. Those BIAS's are way out of that spec. Even if it were based on PCSX (or PacManFan's port of PCSX, same thing) a lot of work would have had to go into the emulator to get that game running.

By the video, it looks good enough to release to me. Wonder how long it will be.

emuking
September 21st, 2006, 00:11
I strongly believe it's not based on PacManFan's code, unlike some other PS1 emulators in development. Just by looking at the text in the corner saying VSync Bias...PacManFan's code is basically PCSX with a broken MIPS Dynarec, no offense. Using PCSX's BIAS it's setting is between 1-16. Those BIAS's are way out of that spec. Even if it were based on PCSX (or PacManFan's port of PCSX, same thing) a lot of work would have had to go into the emulator to get that game running.

By the video, it looks good enough to release to me. Wonder how long it will be.

if its a real emu and i hope it is, just wait a week and im sure it will be released soon

pkmaximum
September 21st, 2006, 00:20
OMG, Videos are so believeable its not even funny. Its amazing how a person named PSdonkey, shows video, and he has to be fake. But someone who doesn't even tell us there name, releases a ps1 video, and they are 100 real ?! Come on, that intelligence that people hold in a forum some times amazes me.

Also how does this have anything to do with SONY, if they release an emulator with just pure source, unequipped with bios, etc. There is nothing illegal about it. And what coder honestly (ok NJ is pretty much a perfectionist =P ) waits till its near dam full speed to release there, work which will probaly take another 5 months at a rate like this, and just release teaser videos non stop to pull our legs. Like honestly that is not the work of a true coder. Even PSmonkey releases a shit poc before talking about N64 emulation.

zodttd
September 21st, 2006, 00:33
pkmaximum: Boy would you look back at that post and feel stupid if this emulator is real.

TacticalBread
September 21st, 2006, 00:46
It looks pretty good, but I'd feel a lot less sceptical about if they went public, and actually posted news on sites such as this one.

pkmaximum
September 21st, 2006, 01:55
pkmaximum: Boy would you look back at that post and feel stupid if this emulator is real.

You speak as if I don't want this emulator to be real or something.

Of course I hope I'm wrong an we get a PSX emu. You think I care so much about my pride, that I don't want the scene to improove because of it. If you really are a coder, then you should know that there is no reason why they could have no released a P.O.C. instead of just teasing us with these videos.

And about feeling stupid, there is no reason anybody should feel stupid ever in a forum. We are here strictly here for information, sometimes vague chats, expressing opinions, and getting information from coders, or getting help on something we can't figure out on our own.

I'm merely expressing an opinion, and yes I hope the emulator is real, I mean who doesn't want a PSX emulator =P

emuking
September 21st, 2006, 02:09
You speak as if I don't want this emulator to be real or something.

Of course I hope I'm wrong an we get a PSX emu. You think I care so much about my pride, that I don't want the scene to improove because of it. If you really are a coder, then you should know that there is no reason why they could have no released a P.O.C. instead of just teasing us with these videos.

And about feeling stupid, there is no reason anybody should feel stupid ever in a forum. We are here strictly here for information, sometimes vague chats, expressing opinions, and getting information from coders, or getting help on something we can't figure out on our own.

I'm merely expressing an opinion, and yes I hope the emulator is real, I mean who doesn't want a PSX emulator =P

lol what are you serious, he is a better coder than you can hopefully ever be ! this guy ^^^ :rolleyes:

DPyro
September 21st, 2006, 02:13
I don't think pkmaximum realizes that zodttd and tinnus were part of the psx4all team :rolleyes:

Alucard
September 21st, 2006, 02:15
I've posted my opinions on these things. I use to get mad when these videos were released because it was never proof.

Atm, I have given up. I figure if it comes out, then great. If it doesn't, I have tons and tons and tons of other games to play through things that do exist.

I see no harm in this video release. Noone tied to it, no ego boosting, no scene distruction here. To me this is a video by someone working on it who is left nameless. Good for this guy. Thanks for showing the video and renaming nameless. You know that you will be a hero once you release your emu. But you know you will be hassled if you announced yourself now. This guy is smart at least.

zodttd
September 21st, 2006, 02:17
"If you really are a coder, then you should know that there is no reason why they could have no released a P.O.C. instead of just teasing us with these videos."

That was sort-of why I replied. I chose not to port psx4all to the PSP for the same reasons outlined in wraggster's news post on the reaction of Sony to homebrew ps1 emulators. The chance of getting a cease and desist order by Sony would mean instant stoppage to such an emulators progress. Whoever is doing ps1p, assuming its real, most likely will only be able to release it once. Maybe some updates, who knows. But if it's a bad release, you might be stuck with it.

emuking
September 21st, 2006, 02:18
I don't think pkmaximum realizes that zodttd and tinnus were part of the psx4all team :rolleyes:

embarassing for this guy is that ive read posts where psx4gp2x was posted he compliments the guy on his work, meh i guess he just has a bad memory :D

mavsman4457
September 21st, 2006, 02:28
"If you really are a coder, then you should know that there is no reason why they could have no released a P.O.C. instead of just teasing us with these videos."

That was sort-of why I replied. I chose not to port psx4all to the PSP for the same reasons outlined in wraggster's news post on the reaction of Sony to homebrew ps1 emulators. The chance of getting a cease and desist order by Sony would mean instant stoppage to such an emulators progress. Whoever is doing ps1p, assuming its real, most likely will only be able to release it once. Maybe some updates, who knows. But if it's a bad release, you might be stuck with it.

You can't tell someone to stop making an emulator right? There is nothing illegal about making an emulator correct?

DPyro
September 21st, 2006, 02:30
You can't tell someone to stop making an emulator right? There is nothing illegal about making an emulator correct?
Theres nothing illegal about it, but Sony could tie you up in court and that costs money.

F9zDark
September 21st, 2006, 02:50
I am weary of this one considering the track record of most emulators that have made it to the PSP. But I also understand the problems with releasing a PS1 emulator.

Sony has profits on the line here and I doubt highly they will stand idly and let someone release update after update of a PS1 emulator on the PSP. They are probably laughing in Nintendo's face about the creation of N64, SNES and GBA emus for the PSP; but they sure as hell wont be laughing much when their cash cow runs off the pasture.

I take videos without a shred of any written information with a grain of salt; but understandably, it the total lack of written information that is keeping this emu afloat, since once Sony gets word.... Well you know what will happen.

DPyro
September 21st, 2006, 02:55
^^ pkmaximum doesnt seem to understand that though.

Veskgar
September 21st, 2006, 03:23
Well I'm actually rooting for SONY's PS1 Emulator endeavor. I am a dedicated 1.50 user and will not upgrade, but I still think SONY's PS1 EMU will be great. They need it to give the PSP a much needed BOOST. I'm just hoping that someday, 1.50 users can use the SONY Emu.

pkmaximum
September 21st, 2006, 03:45
I apologize to the maker of the PSX emulator for the GP2X, I was not implying that I was a better coder, or anything of that nature. I was simple implying that if he is a true coder (which we already know) that he should understand on why its bad to release videos.

Yes I understand that releasing at this point would be a bad idea, which is why I don't believe he should release it (who ever is behind this project =S)

But why in hell do you need to make a video about something that you have no intention of releasing for a long time, it just makes no sense.

Yes I complimented the psx4all emu on the gp2x, because it was certainly great work, and I definetly would of liked to see it on the PSP ;) Yes I understand the risks, and I understand that is why you didn't do it.

Also I don't understand why you people start flaming me over a simple statement, its funny how I can pull up the other threads of this PSX emulator, and show all the videos they have done. (Yes I know that was PSXP, and not this PS1 emu, just using an analogy) And you will see how ironic it is, on how 1 week the release a video with a 30fps alpha demo, and then a week later, they are running Tekken at 10fps. That is basically an incredible jump in performance, for an emulator that is being made entirely from scratch.

Sorry if you guys believe in miracles, but I think we have all been let down in the past, and we know how it feels to be fooled from a hoax. Believe me I have been fooled before too. Just because it makes the front page of a scene, does not mean its real. When you have hard evidence in front of you that, the user (YOU) are using that hard evidence, then you can truly believe what you have is real. But simple just receiving videos, saying "I have an emulator and its going to be great =D" Does not mean anything in the world of emulation.

I have great respect for everyone on these forums, and you have never seen me flame anyone. Its amazing how I express an opinion though, and if you get a comment that you just don't want to hear, you immediately jump down the person's throat for it.

Just something to think about. But I guess, I don't understand "Snipr" so it may be no use.

Adamuko
September 21st, 2006, 03:53
$niper is just way too complex for anyone I guess. He is just so beyond us that we humans cant handel it.

zodttd
September 21st, 2006, 04:11
I didn't mean to be rude, my apologies if it came off that way.

pkmaximum: I highly doubt PSXP is made from scratch. It performs too much like PSPSone (which was a direct port of PCSX).

$n!per: :)

aries2k4
September 21st, 2006, 04:16
I´m a little confused why mostly everyone is going against pkmaximum. I want a ps1 emu also but what have we got here? a video, found on the internet of another psx emu. no coder, no info, no poc. just a video. sure it could be real but why is everyone saying this is the real thing and shooting off fireworks. I guess I´m missing something. At this point, when I have something in my psp, I´ll say "this looks good", until then I´ll say "this video looks good"

emuking
September 21st, 2006, 04:16
$niper is just way too complex for anyone I guess. He is just so beyond us that we humans cant handel it.

he is god lol jk, real long post pkmaximum whats the limit on how long posts can be now that i think about anyways nice explanation and dont worry no one flames eachother on this site, its all good between everyone:cool:

Vega
September 21st, 2006, 04:38
The emulator looks real enough. Yes, people will always doubt this after the donkey situation which never seems to go away these days, but it does look real enough.

Just a few observations tho to add to the skepticism :
1. Why on earth would you run this weird ass game? would you not want to show off something like MGS or FF ? (I understand these would be bigger iso's than this rally game, but why not show a big game off anyway?)
2. Watch closly when the red lights flashes for memory checks.... does it not seem like the guy is moving his hand too much? maybe pushing the memory stick in and out??

Again, Im just being an ass here pointing these out, in my opinion, this looks real. And I hope it is real. Theres not much we can do but wait and see.
Lets just not hope for another long and boring discussion about a bogus coder like back in the donkey64 days. Man , that sucked.

emuking
September 21st, 2006, 05:47
I´m a little confused why mostly everyone is going against pkmaximum. I want a ps1 emu also but what have we got here? a video, found on the internet of another psx emu. no coder, no info, no poc. just a video. sure it could be real but why is everyone saying this is the real thing and shooting off fireworks. I guess I´m missing something. At this point, when I have something in my psp, I´ll say "this looks good", until then I´ll say "this video looks good"

no no no, no one flames anybody here so its good and also yeah a video aint everything but here is hoping that there is a ps1 emu

mcvader
September 21st, 2006, 08:14
I'm with pkmaximum on this one, I am not at all convinced one way or another by this video, it dis/proves nothing. I'm getting sick of these video's, There's no point in getting excited even if it is real as it will be so long before it's released anyway.

Remember that emu that played Tekken2 that was supossed to be released september 1st? 21 days later no word on it at all (That i've seen anyway).
I'm past getting excited about psx emu's the fakes and speculation and general shizer surrounding all this has put me off, when one comes out i'll use it, but untill then i'll be happy playing gpSP. Why can't these coders learn a lesson from exophase and surprise us with a good highspeed release and stop teasing us? at least show us a game we recognise, Maybe F1 97, simple but recognisable.

vladiftodi
September 21st, 2006, 11:16
were did that person has it ? its not yet released?

vladiftodi
September 21st, 2006, 11:17
whats that syng button? can play only through internet?

Tinnus
September 22nd, 2006, 00:28
at least show us a game we recognise, Maybe F1 97, simple but recognisable.
Why doesn't anyone know or like Rally de Africa? It's a great game! Cool music too :D

Just play the dang game before saying it's crap (not for you specifically, but for the people that said it's crap).

.:PSP1.0:.
September 22nd, 2006, 08:15

Sounds like your working for Sony to me lol :D

vladiftodi
September 23rd, 2006, 11:34
its bad thst its not fullscreen

wraggster
September 23rd, 2006, 11:39
i still dont know who is behind this emulator

Shadowblind
September 23rd, 2006, 13:52
Thats not too reassuring o_0

ACID
September 23rd, 2006, 14:34
Im starting to doubt already

Tinnus
September 23rd, 2006, 21:32
its bad thst its not fullscreen
For you. Personally I don't like playing stretched games...

Freshmilk
September 23rd, 2006, 22:18
no, the guy actually proved that it play on game section as a normal eboot, but what tempts me is that no menu to choose the game...........

once its actually released we'll probebly start seeing some speed increase, like we did with deadelus.

still, I think this is a path to future emulators too.

dejkirkby
September 23rd, 2006, 22:47
Hey there Freshmilk, haven't seen you for a while. Back on topic, I am getting the funny feeling that this is gonna go belly up. And I'm always preaching for patience of impatient people.

PsychoSync
September 26th, 2006, 19:04
So whats going on with this emulator? Any fresh news about to pop-up maybe? :p

scarph
September 26th, 2006, 19:52
yes thank god yes

JKKDARK
September 26th, 2006, 19:53
We are waiting..

pibs
September 27th, 2006, 07:50
at first i really thought this was fake but with the release of the other one, i have more faith on this one

can't wait for release

LAMPRO
September 27th, 2006, 08:05
i hope this is gonna change the game again...

is it real? where is it!?!?!?!lololol...

christophe
September 28th, 2006, 20:49
i kinda think its pretty shitty...on the site it says ps one emu to be released soon....november is hardly soon. what a tease.

magixien
September 28th, 2006, 21:58
wait and see..

November is far so Psx-P can be better since this period...