PDA

View Full Version : New Sonic secrets revealed

wraggster
September 20th, 2006, 19:53
We recently bombarded you with shots of Sonic's Wii-adventure which had tiny little diagrams of how to control the boisterous blue rodent... and they didn't give away much. These new images follow a similar diagrammatical vein, although this batch actually gives some indication of how the game will be played.

From what we can see, it appears that by holding the controller horizontally you steer the hedgehog as seen in plane-sim Wing Island, tilting the Wii-mote to angle the direction Sonic takes as he pelts along.

We'll let you know when we do whether this control scheme is effective enough to make the sharp-turns and speedy-runs that are typical of the Sonic series soon

Screens Here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=146231)

JKKDARK
September 20th, 2006, 20:42
Oh I can't wait for this game :)

fg-54
September 20th, 2006, 20:52
i can, for the looks of it, it looks like he never stops, so you can't control him entirely, if all you can do in this game is turn and jump, then its pretty boring and limited.

KCBlack
September 23rd, 2006, 23:23
IGN explained it in their preview. You hold it horizontally, and sonic runs forward without you pressing any thing. You tilt the controller left and right to move him accordingly, and I think A button is jump and B is attack or buttons 1 or 2 or something... XD. And when you collect enough of those lil orange balls, you get your wildfire bar filled, and when that happens you flick the controller forward for an incredible burst of speed. That's the basic controls.

CrackA
September 24th, 2006, 12:46
i dont like sonic because all u do is travel at high speed, u cant see any surrounding properly.