PDA

View Full Version : Interview: Sam & Max Investigate the Wii, DS

wraggster
September 21st, 2006, 00:04
Imagine, if you will, a time before WWE SmackDown vs. Raw; before Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball; before the torrent of Grand Theft Auto clones. This magical time was called The 90s, and you couldn't throw a rock into a game store without hitting a point-and-click adventure or two. Among the genre's purveyors, LucasArts was notable for many classics, not the least of which was Sam & Max, based on Steve Purcell's madcap comic.

After making cameo appearances in The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, and Day of the Tentacle, the dog-and-rabbit crime-solving duo finally got their headlining debut with 1993's Sam & Max Hit the Road. Like most of LucasArts' titles, Hit the Road ran on the SCUMM engine, and, in particular, was downright hilarious.

Sam & Max are set to make their long-anticipated return on GameTap this October, then from Telltale's website two weeks later, with monthly episodic adventures to be released over the next six months. The duo's reemergence has prompted rumors about the series hitting up other systems, particularly the Wii.

Recently on its blog, Telltale confessed its desire to bring Sam & Max to the Wii, calling on its fans to let Nintendo know they'd like to see the duo make an appearance on the system. It didn't take Nintendo long to contact Telltale and begin negotiations. We chatted with Dan Connors, CEO of Telltale Games, about the future of Sam & Max, working with Nintendo, and the possibility of a DS version.

Full Article at IGN (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/733/733514p1.html)

Video_freak
September 21st, 2006, 00:05
Um, who's Sam and Max? :o

CampaKaze
September 21st, 2006, 01:55
My bro sed they were freakin awesome, i told him a while ago about them mite goin on the Wii and he was like Sweet! but seriously tho, its all about comedy :p so i really hope it comes out for both consoles!

iball
September 21st, 2006, 10:52
Um, who's Sam and Max? :o
Ever heard of something called
http://www.google.com/intl/en/images/logo.gif

scorpei
September 21st, 2006, 19:11
How old are you all :S? Sam and Max were close to thé point and click adventure hero's of their time :D. I'm super thrilled to hear that there will (posibly) be titles for the DS and Wii, hell any new Sam and Max is cool ;). Though I'm no fan of episodic releases...