PDA

View Full Version : Talk about bad luck :(

wraggster
October 22nd, 2004, 13:40
just got my car back tonight from paying for the MOT and work to be done, 5 mins down the road and lost my lights then there was smoke gushing out the bloody bonnet.

im so depressed, talk about rotten luck :(

tinku
October 22nd, 2004, 14:10
thats what you get for driving a 1971 fiat

rofl!!!!!!!!

tinku ;D

obelisk
October 22nd, 2004, 14:14
Ouch... Do you know the people that well, are you a repeat customer? Do you have a reciept for the paid work? :( sorry bout yer bad luck, wraggster, mine seems to be doing the same, my 10 gig HD with all my games, sbis, music, and lyrics for 2 upcoming albums up and died last nite. Just as i was about to get a fresh spindle of cdrs this morning to back that stuff up too. :( aaargh i don't even know what to say.

quzar
October 22nd, 2004, 14:17
Ouch... *Do you know the people that well, are you a repeat customer? *Do you have a reciept for the paid work? * *:( *sorry bout yer bad luck, wraggster, mine seems to be doing the same, my 10 gig HD with all my games, sbis, music, and lyrics for 2 upcoming albums up and died last nite. *Just as i was about to get a fresh spindle of cdrs this morning to back that stuff up too. * :( *aaargh *i don't even know what to say.

i had 3 hard drives die on me because i was using outdated drivers on my controller card. not only that but it seems windows always defaults to the outdated ones, so sometimes me moving something will reset it to those drivers and i usually dont notice till the hard drive starts to die. Last time i lost over 500 gigs of info.

LyonHrt
October 22nd, 2004, 16:24
thats what you get for driving a 1971 fiat

rofl!!!!!!!!

tinku *;D

I don't think he's laughing tinku.

But ouch thats really rotten for that to happen, must of been shoddy work on their behalf.

WHurricane16
October 22nd, 2004, 20:06
I here you, Wraggs. *I'm about to sue someone for the lemon I bought recently.....

He would have probably gotten away with it, but his ass was a bit arrogant earlier so I'm going to take his ass to the cleaners.

I hope things go better for you, dude.

curt_grymala
October 22nd, 2004, 20:50
Heh. You said "bonnet". Silly Brit. ;D

That does suck. I would have called the garage right away and asked them what they did to it. When smoke starts pouring out, that sounds like something they definitely should have caught.

Mental2k
October 23rd, 2004, 06:50
Wtf happened? what you drivin wraggs? smoke sounds suspiciously like an oil leak... Perhaps oil seals in the valves have gone?

Actually as a guide
* * *blue smoke: oil
* * *white smoke:somethin's wrong with head
* * * * * * * * * * * * * gasket
* * *Black smoke: somethin wrong with fuel, ie too much
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *or not enough oxygen * * * * *

tinku
October 23rd, 2004, 11:32
lights gone smoke sounds like electrical fault a big one, wiring burning, but hey wragg no one uses lights in Nottingham. ;D i take it thats where you reside.

be a bitch gettin to work on monday eh!!

tinku :)

wraggster
October 23rd, 2004, 11:36
cars fixed now

in the end just the cost of a battery but it could have been much worse

obelisk
October 23rd, 2004, 12:00
whoo, close call. good thing its fixed, did you have to get ruff?