PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganize 2.3

wraggster
September 21st, 2006, 01:46
Big apologies to Dragonminded (http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize) and the visitors to this site and forums but i totally missed this release from last saturday, anyway heres the info from the blog and then whats new:

Hey everyone! I've recently put out DSOrganize 2.3, as well as the source for the project. This release is a maintenence release, and I decided to put it out now because with this semester, I am really not going to have time to release anything until after finals in December. I figured I would at least get a version out that has a few more bug fixes and such, before leaving the project to get stale for a few months. Don't worry, as I am not dropping the project, and have big plans for it when I can start working on it again!

As for the source, I was very hesitant to put it out, but since so many poeple would like to see it, I've made it available online. I really really don't want poeple to make modifications or repost their own compiles, aside from cart compatibility tests and such, as this IS my personal hobby. If you must include it in a commercial project or recompile with modifications, please talk to me first.

For the time being, feel free to hang out in #dsorganize on irc.freenode.net. It's a great place to meet other members and usually get quick help and such!

DSOrganize is meant as a homebrew organizer application for the Nintendo DS that should have come built in in the first place. It is by no means comparible to a full-fledged organizer such as a palm, and it is not planned to become an operating system, video player, or anything similar.

Fixes found in 2.3

Fixed bug where A/B didn't swap on sound player.
Added volume multiplier to sound player.
Added ? and ? characters for spanish users.
Fixed bug with ? always being highlighted when old language files were used.
Made all screens with scrolling lists wider, to use up the unused border space and changed the look and feel a bit.
Changed text/html viewer scrollbar to reflect being held like other scrollbars.
Changed HBDB to stay in / if the default homebrew path isn't found.
Fixed a bug where scribble saves were getting corrupted from an old home screen.
Made /connect an alias to /server.
Made IRC ignore commands it doesn't know.
Made left and right buttons jump to previous/next day planner events like the bookmark system.
Added pull-up menu to browser. Drag your stylus from one of the buttons upwards to activate.
Fixed bug with L/R highlighting in IRC.
Fixed some inconsitencies in the help files.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kcajblue
September 21st, 2006, 01:49
lets hope it works with the M3. PLEASE LET IT WORK!!! :D
EDIT: I just tried it with my M3 CF and i can confirm that it works with the green version. :D

firstknight
September 21st, 2006, 02:08
lets hope the blue version works well for SC expecially the saving part...

i got problem downloading it.. hmmmm

misticknight
September 21st, 2006, 08:28
why wont it save any of my things!

ACID
September 21st, 2006, 09:42
Works with SC Lite the blue version.

zanysmash
September 21st, 2006, 10:28
Works with SC Lite the blue version.

i can confirm this as well! :)

firstknight
September 21st, 2006, 10:29
is it once or save twice then only saveable??

zanysmash
September 21st, 2006, 10:38
is it once or save twice then only saveable??

sorry i don't get it :confused:

firstknight
September 21st, 2006, 10:48
when you create and save... is the file there on your first creation??

iball
September 21st, 2006, 11:21
why wont it save any of my things!
Because you haven't told us a goddamn thing about what flashcart you're using maybe?
Look at my signature...see what I'm using in there?
Maybe you should edit your signature to reflect what you use.

firstknight
September 21st, 2006, 12:47
I got a problem here... do you patch it with moonshell?? i did but it doesnt work.... it stuck with the dancing cow...

zanysmash
September 21st, 2006, 16:14
when you create and save... is the file there on your first creation??

yes
if not, there's a problem writing to your flashcart, fat writing function isn't working properly. try without patching it.

btw, i'm using the blue SC version (*.sc.nds) on SCLite. I've put the DSOrganize directory like this :

./data/DSOrganize
.DSOrganize Blue.sc.nds

Hope it'll help...

souLLy
September 21st, 2006, 16:34
green version works great with the m3 lite, have to load it with the start button though :)

LordArchan
September 21st, 2006, 21:16
what version do i use for the Max Media Dock?

misticknight
September 21st, 2006, 21:53
sorry bout that peeps. i'm using an SC Lite with a Sandisk 1 gig micro SD and Superkey. btw i am using the blue version and it still doesnt save.

firstknight
September 22nd, 2006, 03:13
yes
if not, there's a problem writing to your flashcart, fat writing function isn't working properly. try without patching it.

btw, i'm using the blue SC version (*.sc.nds) on SCLite. I've put the DSOrganize directory like this :

./data/DSOrganize
.DSOrganize Blue.sc.nds

Hope it'll help...

i have just copy and paste and its not working... i tried patching but cant be patched...

i have the previous folder of DSOrganize... so do i have to replace it with new one only it could work or dun have to?

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 06:59
i have just copy and paste and its not working... i tried patching but cant be patched...

i have the previous folder of DSOrganize... so do i have to replace it with new one only it could work or dun have to?
Use the blue version and just replace them bouth and put in the root of your memory.

firstknight
September 22nd, 2006, 07:53
i replace the file... it shows the dancing cow.... however i didnt replace the folder... is it a must to replace the folder??

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 07:55
Take everything out and put the new one blue verion in your root thats all you need to do

zanysmash
September 22nd, 2006, 07:57

try removing every file you have on your flashcart then copy all 2.3 version files, don't try to overwrite the DSO directory

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 07:59
Yeah you can do whatzansysmash said but , just removing the old and putting the new chould have worked already

firstknight
September 22nd, 2006, 09:15
tried it but it still stuck at the dancing cow... saying trying supercard SD....

Sil3n7
September 25th, 2006, 15:52
How do you do/configure any thing with the irc client?

iball
September 25th, 2006, 16:41
Go to the site and read what's in the archive you downloaded. You have to edit a small text file.

firstknight
September 26th, 2006, 02:01
anyone help??? my dancing cow wont stop...

Kaeruyaki
September 29th, 2006, 06:24
I have a DSlite and Supercard Lite with a Sandisk MicroSD (not a II or III)
I am using Max Media Launcher to boot.
I could run version 2.25 fine, but nothing was able to save.

Version 2.3 will now save off and on (seemingly random) if I use the *.gba.ds file renamed to *.nds, and patched with the SC magic homebrew patcher version .02

Kraton
September 30th, 2006, 08:34
This is great. Green version works fine M3 miniSD.

//Text editor wont work. When i write something, save and try to watch it see only: "aáá#%&"¤".

fizzlepop
October 1st, 2006, 16:55
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else was getting this error... when I try to create a new address, it won't save. Every time I finish and then hit "A" to save and then go back to the main menu and back into the Address function, it says there are no vcards present. I looked on the directories and it created a VCARD directory w/ the appropriate vcard, it just isn't reading it... any suggestions?

Thanks,

yelnocp
October 31st, 2006, 07:49
Hi, I'm using the MAX media dock. I'm using the gray version on a DS, and when I try to boot it, It starts to initialize the FAT, but the cow stops dancing when it gets to Trying: Max Media CF.

WTF? This is the most important thing to me! I havent gotten it to work yet. Please help.

SuperJMN
October 31st, 2006, 11:12
I have seen in the first message on this thread that dragonminded (the author) released the source code. Does anyone know if somebody is continuing the project?

HeeroYuy
November 1st, 2006, 03:02
anyone mange to get sc minisd to work with ds organize??

langerak
November 3rd, 2006, 00:57
Got a G6 flash lite card wit super pass me 2.

Which version do i need, tried all 6 flavours, no match.

Cant install the NDS rom in the root folder, the G6 util automatically puts it in ./NDS/<rom> and when i put the DSOrganize folder in the ./NDS folder, my bootloader hangs.

Any suggestions?

springah
November 8th, 2006, 02:27
dont think anyone can get it to work on g6 yet...

mfmf
November 10th, 2006, 14:32
Hey guys. Can you tell me what I have to do to be able to use this program? I copied the green organiser to the micro sd card root "h:\DSOrganize\..." and "h:\DS Organize green.nds"

If i click on the pda option (in nds mode) it tells me that i don´t have the pda files.

kcajblue
November 10th, 2006, 14:52
you have to start the DS Organize.nds file.
do not pick the PDA icon

canvasch
December 7th, 2006, 10:37
to get this application to work on your supercard you need to download Super Magic Homebrew Patcher (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35296) and make this app into a .sc.nds

but anyways... this program crashes alot on the supercard minisd.... it is the best looking homebrew app though.. it looks very nice and very professional... if only it worked as good as it looks...

NONE of apps on it save... the ones that do "save" changes whatever you wrote into mumbo jumbo... so i don't count that as saving either....
example: bacon
after it is saved:
SD$fdh546

bad program... with good intentions.. please fix the errors and this could be a must have app for the ds capable of surpassing Moonshell.

perhaps adding in a photo album to view images.

sugarspun58
December 8th, 2006, 14:41
hi there....

I'm think on putting this on my DS simply so I can rename files, etc. for use with DSdoom. Is this the right program to use?

I'm using a M3 CF with 4GB card and Passcard3, which version will I need?

Thanks

DoughBoi
December 12th, 2006, 03:18
works well for me. supercard lite and superkey.

it would be super if it was brainage style holding it sideways.

EDIT: it doesn't save for me either :(
only calculator is working well haha...