PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew SDK 1.1 for v2.0-v2.8

Kaiser
September 21st, 2006, 06:04
Great News via Noobz (http://www.noobz.eu/)

We are pleased to release an updated Homebrew SDK for simple homebrew on 2.0 - 2.80 firmwares. Most important changes are a smaller improved binary-loader and enchantments to function resolving. The loader should now be usable on non-32MB memory sticks aswell (start method).

Alongside, possibly the first "homebrew beep" can now be enjoyed for users of 2.70+ firmwares. Tetris has been updated aswell and now features simple sound output and shows your PSP firmware version. Full instructions are included in the SDK, that should allow experienced PSP coders to develop their own TIFF-based programs.

Work on a new eLoader has been progressing aswell, more on that very soon.

Some people have had problems running the TIFF homebrew. Here are some tips that may help:

* Make sure that you unzip the package so that the 3 files (.tif, .bin and .jpg) are all in a single folder, called 'tetris', within the /psp/photo/ folder on your memory stick.
* Reboot your PSP completely (by holding the power switch for a few seconds until it switches off) before opening the TIFF.
* Instead of opening the TIFF directly, try opening the folder as a slideshow, by pressing TRIANGLE or by hovering the folder and pressing START.

Download both Tetris and the new SDK via comments

Video_freak
September 21st, 2006, 06:13
Thanks Kaiser. :)

kando
September 21st, 2006, 06:16
woo!

happy_mak
September 21st, 2006, 08:06
>>>>Work on a new eLoader has been progressing aswell

Wow look forward to this one.

mr_nick666
September 21st, 2006, 09:20
>>>>Work on a new eLoader has been progressing aswell

Wow look forward to this one.

This is great but I know its the eloader that everyones twitching for! :p

vladiftodi
September 21st, 2006, 11:17
yes u are right, but i have 2.5 :P

froggie22
September 21st, 2006, 12:58
y dont any homebrew work for me? i need help. my psp just freezes and i have to turn it off.?:mad:

JKKDARK
September 21st, 2006, 13:39
Great, I will download it now ;)

aries2k4
September 21st, 2006, 14:06
Anothert great job by noobz. Just the other day someone was asking about sound through the tiff xploit. well heres the 1st step.
good work

Axelius
September 21st, 2006, 14:19
Yahoo, sound! ...At last!

razorak
September 21st, 2006, 14:22
Work on a new eLoader has been progressing aswell, more on that very soon.

i like the sound of that :)

YourStillWithMe
September 21st, 2006, 14:34
Kaiser-Good man spreading the word, good to hear from you. I realy hope this eloader is more compatible with the 2.80 firmware due to the fact that i am on 1.50. Hopefully that new devhook will b out soon though i am starting to doubt the project due to the fact that we havent that much factual info lately.

VideoFreak-You post in like every single thread dude, please tell me your like 12-15 please if not get a job dude ha Your a legend already and i've been around much longer than you.

crypysmoker
September 21st, 2006, 15:36
u know why this doesnt work for a bunch of 2.8 users?? cause we dont listen.

Put the files in your PSP/Photo folder..... DO NOT put them in the Picture folder. THey will not work from the picture folder. Im saying this because I have had countless people asking me why it doesnt work, and they allwyas just pop the files in the picture folder because they think its the same thing.

if you putt hese in your picture folder the psp will freeze every single time

project_funky
September 21st, 2006, 15:41
VideoFreak-You post in like every single thread dude, please tell me your like 12-15 please if not get a job dude ha Your a legend already and i've been around much longer than you.

Im 15 :D:p
Eloader can't wait for release!!

Eonstar
September 21st, 2006, 15:52
Can't wait for the eloader! that means homebrew for all except 2.81

sedkiller
September 21st, 2006, 17:26
freakin sweet sound and new tetris. hope we will have more of these soon.

splodger15
September 21st, 2006, 17:35
good to hear

NullMonkey0
September 21st, 2006, 21:41
I have 2.6 firmware and everytime I try to do a slideshow of the tetris folder it just freezes up and goes black. Then I must reboot the PSP. Am I missing something?

Billster2883
September 22nd, 2006, 09:58
this version of tetris does not work for me, the previous worked about 1 in 5 times, what am i doing wrong?

any help i am 2.80 user

taggergunster
October 1st, 2006, 17:02
hey if they reklease the eloader does it mean that you could also work emulaors on ur psp?

shrimpidy
October 3rd, 2006, 10:26
Sound? Thats cool.

littlefiremonkey
October 27th, 2006, 09:40
I upgrade to 2.81... then start reading... some one shoot me, or make a downgrader.

sanzo
November 9th, 2006, 21:13
some one said put it in the picture folder and i did.... i think it doesnt freeze well kinda.... it just pops up the helloworld screen and doesnt do any thing..... or let me do any thing :( crappy ..... im a 2.80 user