PDA

View Full Version : M64 Work in Progress - Nintendo64 Emulator WIP News

XioN980
September 21st, 2006, 10:41
Sorry i've been quiet lately and once again sorry about the last release. I'm working on some things for this emu before i start working on speed ups and graphics issues, i've almost done an ini file which allows microcodes to be automatically selected (yay :) ) and also working on byteswapping for rom streamer (alows v64 images to be played)

splodger15
September 21st, 2006, 17:18
good to hear

Apoklepz
September 21st, 2006, 17:21
Great. Sounds just like what the doctor ordered. Good luck on this.

ACID
September 21st, 2006, 17:21
Very nice look forward to it.

dejkirkby
September 21st, 2006, 17:24
Sounds like you're making progress. Everyone is right behind you on this. Keep it up, buddy.

pokothehobo
September 21st, 2006, 22:56
sounds great! im glad to hear that someone is continuing the project.

pkmaximum
September 21st, 2006, 23:06
Sounds good looking foward to the next release ^_^

DPyro
September 21st, 2006, 23:07
Lets hope you actually do something this time...

M!ckeY
September 21st, 2006, 23:13
sounds interesting, i'm also looking forward to this :)

pkmaximum
September 21st, 2006, 23:33
Lets hope you actually do something this time...

Wow Snipr be any ruder?

DPyro
September 21st, 2006, 23:42
No...Just telling the truth. His last release he didnt even do anything, as it was a buggy private build and not even recent.

Kramer
September 21st, 2006, 23:44
Wow Snipr be any ruder? I reckon. This is DCemu not QJ.

Emeriastone
September 21st, 2006, 23:45
We want teasers!

emuking
September 22nd, 2006, 00:17
$niper is just speaking the truth, but yeah kramer is right this isnt qj :D, hope this emu is good

DPyro
September 22nd, 2006, 00:28
Don't get your hopes up...sorry, just my opinion :o

Kramer
September 22nd, 2006, 00:32
Why just because there not as good as PSmonkey or StrmnNrmn you dont support them.

DPyro
September 22nd, 2006, 00:38
No, because I'm not even sure he can code...yet alone knows how to make an N64 emu.

pkmaximum
September 22nd, 2006, 00:58
Oh but you can believe in a ps1 emu that has not even been released?

::::Edit:::

Yay 600 post =D

Kramer
September 22nd, 2006, 01:06
pkmaximum dont you think it's about time you get over the existence of the ps1 emulator and stop trying to start fights with $n!pR about it.

DPyro
September 22nd, 2006, 01:09
No worries, I just warn him :D

RetroGoth
September 22nd, 2006, 01:35
great job!

Adamuko
September 22nd, 2006, 02:14
No worries, I just warn him :D

You are such a joke. All he did was ask a question and you warned him. I completely agree with him too, you are being a jerk to this guy who is only trying to help and work on someones code. All you have done is for fulfilled the definition of "trolling" and should warn yourself.

I wish you luck PSDroideka and thank you for your work.

DPyro
September 22nd, 2006, 02:17
No PSDroideka released a beta build as soon as he recieved the source code...all he did was compile it and didnt even change anything AFAIK.

Adamuko
September 22nd, 2006, 02:23
No PSDroideka released a beta build as soon as he recieved the source code...all he did was compile it and didnt even change anything AFAIK.

So what if he did, he is obviously doing more than that now.

Veskgar
September 22nd, 2006, 02:27
Well, whether this guy is for real or not, bickering back and forth with each other is not going to be productive. Other coders who might be lurking and working secretly on projects or people thinking about coding PSP homebrew might get intimidated and turned off with negative attitudes towards WIP projects.

Unless we can code an N64 or PS1 EMU ourselves, alls we can do is support and hope for the best when it comes to these projects. Time will eventually sort out who is the real deal and who isnt.

Also, there should be no rush. There is so much going on with PSP homebrew that it is hard to keep up as it is. Time has always been good to us PSP homebrew fans. Good things come to those who wait.

Tetris999
September 22nd, 2006, 02:58
keep going on the emu driodeka yeah i believe in you!

pkmaximum
September 22nd, 2006, 03:14
Wow Snipr you are unbelievable. No offense but you are a bad mod for warning me over that. Its ok for saying things like "PKmaximum does not understand the concepts of the forum topic" But I make a comment, saying I think its dumb, how you say you don't support the coder working on this, just because he is not doing what you hoped for. You can go around kissing PSmonkey's rare end... and you trash on a guy that just simple said he is working on an emulator!

Snipr don't blame me because you look foolish, on how you can support a coder who is prooving that he is working on PSmonkey's work. And even if he didn't add much to the last release. PSmonkey never compiled a final version of his emulator for us to see Zelda Ocarina of Time running!

Snipr banned me for all I care, I think the whole forum can see that you are definently paranoid because I simply stated, that you can support a coder (supposely) who releases dumb videos on a PSX emulator, but you can't support a coder working on a N64 emulator for us. You stoop very low Snipr. I want to hear another mod back you up, too. This is pathetic.

Also if any other forum members feel the same way, it would definently help to state, it now, the power that is being expressed from Snipr right here, is out of order.

Shadowblind
September 22nd, 2006, 03:18
No, because I'm not even sure he can code...yet alone knows how to make an N64 emu.
I did nicely notice that PSP Coder underneath his name.

On topic: I couldnt understand much that Droikia said, but it sounded technical and improved :)

And guys: dont worry about it. Sniper said things we dont agree on, it doesnt matter. I agree with both him and Droik. Lets drop the argument. I dont really see a QJ in the word DCEmu.

DPyro
September 22nd, 2006, 03:26
I warned you more so because your almost starting to make this into a troll/fight thread. Plus now you've gone off-topic....I won't go into anymore detail about PSDroideka.

PS. In the other release he said it supported Zelda etc but it didnt....you can also read the other posts by PSmonkey about how upset he was.

pkmaximum
September 22nd, 2006, 03:36
I warned you more so because your almost starting to make this into a troll/fight thread. Plus now you've gone off-topic....I won't go into anymore detail about PSDroideka.

PS. In the other release he said it supported Zelda etc but it didnt....you can also read the other posts by PSmonkey about how upset he was.

I'm sorry to hear that PSmonkey was upset. But it was PSmonkey's decision alone, whether or not he should of passed on his sources to someone else. Not to mention he should of at least compiled a last version, passed on the source of that, and said good by to the scene.

Just because he compiled something PSmonkey did, you don't support him for that. I think the idea, was for him to release a version as fast as possible to express that he was working on the emulator. Kind of like that lame port PSmonkey did of Nicest 64 as a proof of concept, before his real work began =]

But all in all Snipr, I don't see why you can't offer support to a coder that is just trying to improve on the emulator. And even if he doesn't make many improvements, its not like we can do anything, until someone else is actually willing to pick up were PSmonkey left off. But something tells me, if a coder is willing to pick up a source code, they would probaly just take Strmmmn's anyway. (No offense to PSmonkey he is just farther in his work at the current time).

Shadowblind
September 22nd, 2006, 03:44
Would you both knock it off already? Your acting like your my age.

DPyro
September 22nd, 2006, 03:53
He couldnt release a final build as he was already working with his new company...If I remember correctly the only reason PSDroideka has PSP Coder status is because PSmonkey gave him status when he sent the src (correct me if I'm wrong). Oh ya, and also read PSDroideka's other post here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=214382&postcount=1)

I have to clear a few things up about the m64 "release" i made recently.

1) The source i received was in fact an older build and was 100% monkey's work, i have the newer source now but it was bad of me to release it :(

2) There actually wasn't a significant speed up in that one line of source change i made because turns out i made it in the wrong places for speed ups and monkey had already made the emulator Peek buffer where it did matter

3) Please, for the love of god, DO NOT CALL ME MONKEY II although i only found one person who called me that and its very flatering i am not even comparable to Monkey in coding skill.

I'm sorry to ruin your moment of fame PSDroideka but pkmaximum wouldnt stop pushing me over the edge :(

Wally
September 22nd, 2006, 03:55
Im actually agreeing with Sn!pR here in the short side
PSDroideka didnt make any real changes in the last build and made PSmonkey angry.

However, I dont believe an argument should be happening over that, he just done us a favour and could be a good programmer for all we know

pkmaximum
September 22nd, 2006, 03:58
Yes blame it on pkmaximum...

Snipr I'm sorry, I just want to end this dam thing, whether your a mod or not, I really don't care. Sorry if I offended you in any way. Were only disturbing other forum members with our bickering.

If you want to just talk to me rationally, you can find me on AIM. as pkmaximum

Or if you really don't want to have a live chat that would be much easier just email me at travusskate*removed*

Sorry to anyone on the forum, that Snipr and I may have disturbed with our childish attitudes.

Video_freak
September 22nd, 2006, 04:00
Ooooo, it's gonna get ugly on AIM. :O

DPyro
September 22nd, 2006, 04:01
I don't have aim...get on dcemu irc

sroon
September 22nd, 2006, 04:31
Wow Snipr be any ruder?
Yeah God Sniper!
jk!
Anyway! I hope the speedups are soon!:)
Oh and Sniper? Are you still testing now that Monk iz gone?
one more thing!
i know never to donate again cuz i donate sum money to Monk then he just quits! (not that he ever did much:p )
just had to get that out . i just wana see sumething worth my while before i donate again!

( O ) ( O )

mr_nick666
September 22nd, 2006, 09:06
Sorry i've been quiet lately and once again sorry about the last release. I'm working on some things for this emu before i start working on speed ups and graphics issues, i've almost done an ini file which allows microcodes to be automatically selected (yay :) ) and also working on byteswapping for rom streamer (alows v64 images to be played)

Whatever anyone says I wish you all the best with this and I hope you live up to everyones expectations (you poor soul! :rolleyes: )

XioN980
September 22nd, 2006, 10:10
Look guys, sniper isn't being rude at all, he has every right to be critical until actual speed ups and optimisations have been made i would understand completely if they stripped me of coder status until a significant improvement has been made , in fact i'd ask them to. Sniper was right, i didn't really do anything last release, i thought i did, but i didn't so his statements were fair enough, i don't mind :)

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 10:41
PSDroideka. I'd like to ask you a question and I hope you don't take offence.
Do you honestly think you can get Monkey64 to a stage where roms are playable or have you bitten off more than you can chew??

XioN980
September 22nd, 2006, 13:00
PSDroideka. I'd like to ask you a question and I hope you don't take offence.
Do you honestly think you can get Monkey64 to a stage where roms are playable or have you bitten off more than you can chew??
Not offended at all, and btw i wasn't "offended" as such when you called me Monkey II its just other people might have been, and besides, i'm no where near as talented a coder as PSmonkey. Anyways, it depends what you think of as playable, you could be right when you said that i may have bitten of more than i can chew but i am really determined to try. I want to fix the graphics issues before working on speed, don't forget about Zion's coming versions, We'll just see how it goes. ;)

DPyro
September 22nd, 2006, 14:49
Yeah God Sniper!
jk!
Anyway! I hope the speedups are soon!:)
Oh and Sniper? Are you still testing now that Monk iz gone?
one more thing!
i know never to donate again cuz i donate sum money to Monk then he just quits! (not that he ever did much:p )
just had to get that out . i just wana see sumething worth my while before i donate again!

( O ) ( O )
Any money that was donated to PSmonkey will goto the PJ64 team fo helping him out. And soon enough you'll be able to play 64DD games :D

Zion
September 22nd, 2006, 18:16
I agree with $n!per that we should get back on topic now :p

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 18:32
Not offended at all, and btw i wasn't "offended" as such when you called me Monkey II its just other people might have been, and besides, i'm no where near as talented a coder as PSmonkey. Anyways, it depends what you think of as playable, you could be right when you said that i may have bitten of more than i can chew but i am really determined to try. I want to fix the graphics issues before working on speed, don't forget about Zion's coming versions, We'll just see how it goes. ;)
Thanks for replying. And keep up the good work, succeed or fail, as long as you are willing to try, that's all I'm bothered about. Well done, sir. You are a braver man than I.

Adamuko
September 22nd, 2006, 19:40
$n!pR needs to stop hiding behind his mod powers and give more respect where it's due is all. He has only been trolling in this thread since it started. People should just be glad that there are people working on things like this, what would the homebrew scene be with them?

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 19:42
$n!pR's credentials speak for themselves. He is just a to-the-point kinda guy. You need to research before entering this debate, Adamuko.

Adamuko
September 22nd, 2006, 20:04
$n!pR's credentials speak for themselves. He is just a to-the-point kinda guy. You need to research before entering this debate, Adamuko.

I understand what you said but I was once ban for simply say that psmonkey didn't finish any of his projects was was getting too much credit. I was glad for his work but he would just never do things all the way, stop projects and start working on other ones, not because he could no longer work on them or that they had reached a high level where there was nothing more to do on them. He just stoped because he wanted to do other things that he would never finish. It bugs me how sniper says what he wants offensive or not and if someone trys to stick up for the person he sends them with a warning.

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 20:13
You have to remeber this is only a forum. There are no hard and fast legalities, concerning what the mods give warning or bans for. I think the best thing it to take it on the chin and not try to rile $n!pR then. I suppose being able to give out warnings and bans is in the discretion of the Gods err.... I mean mods.

XioN980
September 23rd, 2006, 02:42
I think this topic should be closed, it wasn't that big a deal in the first place, it shouldn't have made front page as these were only minor developments into the emulator, i agree with dejkirkby, $n!pR is allowed to voice his opinion, he wasn't being rude and he raised some fair-enough-type-comments, he has nothing to be sorry for so leave the poor bloke alone