PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for a Wii Launch Apocalypse

wraggster
September 21st, 2006, 16:47
Talking to Eurogamer TV, Nintendo UK's jolly ogre president David Yarnton took time out from pouring stout over his bangers 'n' mash to make sure that everyone who wanted a Wii knew that an apocalypse of bloodshed awaited you on opening day.

Stating that "20 million [consoles] wouldn't be enough", Yarnton concluded that shortages were a foregone conclusion. The implication? If you haven't already managed to pre-order, you will have to crack open a few skulls and feast on the goo inside to get a Wii on launch day. This, as all African Witch Doctors know, allows you to absorb their power.

Of course, it'll only be a couple... your stomach will explode and leak a brainy sludge all down your burst abdomen if you try to follow that strategy for the PS3 launch day.

Kaedyn
September 21st, 2006, 18:00
Noooooooo!!!

I have to be on that launch list.....I dont think Play.com are going to get enough units only 200 apparently, and i preordered on the 17th.

ACID
September 21st, 2006, 18:01
already have two onreserve from gamestop. and first on the list so i know ill get them same day.

dejkirkby
September 21st, 2006, 18:06
I'm not reserving. I'm taking the Kramer approach. I'll mosey on into town on launch day and buy one over the counter. I'm 99% sure I'll get one. Either that or I'll beat up some little nerd and steal his preorder. Only joking!

morninghead
September 21st, 2006, 18:29
Wait how'd you preorder one from gamestop? I just called there a few days ago and they said they weren't going ot start pre-orders until mid October or so....

nicholasprag@hotmail
September 21st, 2006, 19:43
preorderd with virgin megastore, reckon they'll open at midnight!

gotmilk0112
September 21st, 2006, 20:16
already have two onreserve from gamestop. and first on the list so i know ill get them same day.

HOW?!?!?! THEY SAID: "We aren't taking pre-orders on Wii untill october" WHEN I CALLED THEM!!

well that could be just my local game-stop (i live in cranston :) ) and this game-stop is particularly PIECE-OF-CRAP-y so.....sigh......

they are piece of crap because when i went to reserve "Spyro: Shadow Legacy" they told me for some reason i couldnt reserve it. then the day after it came out, they said they didnt order it because it didnt get enough reserves. WTF?!?

Jenksie
September 22nd, 2006, 16:59
I'm in the UK and so have never been to a gamestop. from what people are saying they sound like a bunch of tossers. I use a UK store called Gamestation, who IMO are the best around for price and service.