PDA

View Full Version : Someone Help Me!!! Ie 7 Sux!

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 21st, 2006, 22:24
i just downloaded ie 7, and i hate it, can someone help me get this wretched thing off and my beloved 6 back on??

JKKDARK
September 21st, 2006, 22:26
Nah.. download FireFox now!!

souLLy
September 21st, 2006, 23:20
might be out of luck see if you can find help on the microsoft site, ie7 is a better browser though, much better css capabilities. (obviously miles away from being as good as firefox or opera though)

beetroot bertie
September 21st, 2006, 23:24
Forget IE. I'd go for Firefox or Opera too.

pibs
September 21st, 2006, 23:24
get firefox or opera

acn010
September 21st, 2006, 23:29
firefox is easy and has high security award thingy by being with high security feature.............

beetroot bertie
September 21st, 2006, 23:31
well put

Junixx
September 22nd, 2006, 00:26
Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox Firefox w00t

Mariopop87
September 22nd, 2006, 00:47
FireFox dude.
Best browser ever.

Video_freak
September 22nd, 2006, 01:05
Yup. I too am an EXTREMELY satisfied Firefox user (mostly because it's free :D).

cloud_952
September 22nd, 2006, 07:35
But the guy asked for help about IE. ^_^; If someone asked for help with their car and you told them to get a bike, that really isn't quite what they're looking for. Sure, a bike is better for the environment, but that really doesn't solve the bike problem.

Like it or not, IE is the browser generally programmed for online. Firefox does not display everything in the same way as IE, and leaves alot of sites (again, because they're made with IE in mind) screwed. I'm not saying one's better than the other, just that this is the way webdesign goes. That's why I use both browsers (FF and IE).

So, to the poster's question, have you looked into the Control Panel for new IE patches or a new IE version? It's possible that you may be able to uninstall it from there. If that fails, and you REALLY want to get rid of it, you can always backup your data and do a complete OS reinstall. This is generally good to do it every once in awhile to clear up old stuff you don't need or might be bogging your system down (I know people who do it several times a year), and you'll also fresh install XP with IE6.0.

Assuming you have XP, of course.

Anyway.. hope you can find a way to fix it.

NoQuarter
September 22nd, 2006, 07:40
If your gonna reinstall just to fix Ie, you might as well get rid of windows.
I'm personally really satisfied with firefox,and had nothin but problems and hassle with Ie when I used windows.

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 09:07
Cloud, you analogy doesn't really work because if you were giving advice about a car and said get a bike that would cost MONEY. Getting Firefox is a FREE way to solve his IE problems.

cloud_952
September 22nd, 2006, 17:37
Cloud, you analogy doesn't really work because if you were giving advice about a car and said get a bike that would cost MONEY. Getting Firefox is a FREE way to solve his IE problems.

Then clearly you took my analogy too literally. The point is that the person asked for help on an issue. The only replies they got didn't address trying to help with the problem, rather they said "just ignore it and use something else."

Just because something's your preference doesn't mean it's what everyone wants to do. If the author said "I'm having problems with IE, what's a better browser?", these replies would work. But that's just not the case. I find it arrogant and rude to totally disregard what the person said and make no attempt to address the problem and rather just tell them to use something else.

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 17:46
But offering an alternative is a way to solve a problem. Just because someone is using a certain product, doesn't mean they should be brand-loyal to that product.
And in regards to being arrogant and rude, I'm slightly offended that you indirectly said that I and the other members that offered this solution are rude and arrogant. We are only trying to help. So, if no-one knows how to solve his problem, we should ignore the thread. That's ruder and more arrogant than the advice we offered.

Cap'n 1time
September 22nd, 2006, 18:04
quiet you honky's. :(
This site has few fans of MS windows and even fewer fans of IE. You might be better off finding a official MS support forum. Good luck.

But honestly, you would be better off downloading Firefox or Opera.

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 18:21
Honky? I challenge you to a duel sir, for thou hast offended my honour. I choose ninja stars at dawn!