PDA

View Full Version : Whats amazing about DCemulation

Eric
September 23rd, 2004, 09:38
I thought about making this cause a coder in the scene said that people are preferring emulation before even touching homebrew and game ports. Now he could be wrong.

The only reason for this is this would help coders knowing what is the best needed for the dreamcast. Myself is more games and emulation is okay but seeing new games and ports. Big fan of ports cause i missed playing most of those old games on my 486 and think its wicked seeing them on my dreamcast.

Homebrew games cause i dont want dreamcast to die and its always amazing to see what kind of creations can people make and even though not from Sega how far the can make these games go as far as graphics,sound,control and fun factor. So I and possibly other coders would like to know what you like the most about the DC scene. By doing this you could see more and more amazing things coming in any of those answers in the poll.

Eric

Darksaviour69
September 23rd, 2004, 09:56
i think most people want emus, but personaly i like homebrew game like alice and dc castle, an ports of doom and duke nukem are cool.

the only emus i would be interest in is Mega drive and saturn, but i know a playable saturn emus not possable, still can dream ;D

Eric
September 23rd, 2004, 10:06
i think most people want emus, but personaly i like homebrew game like alice and dc castle, an ports of doom and duke nukem are cool.

the only emus i would be interest in is Mega drive and saturn, but i know a playable saturn emus not possable, still can dream ;D

Well about the emu part I think your right but that is the whole reason for this and alice looks good and DC Castle i had the first preview and didnt know what to do havent checked out the 2nd preview. Doom was a good port but i didnt know there was a Duke Nukem port.

Saturn would be great and Mega Drive is awesome and i will see that fullspeed but the most important for me is SNES cause i grew up with that one and there was just something about it i loved over the Mega Drive but emulation will die sometime cause you can only emulate so much for the dreamcast and thats systems that dont over power the dreamcast and thats mostly anything under some 32 meg systems and some 16 bit but mostly 8 bit systems.

But if people got into homebrew they would see more interesting things and more games for the DC and i am trying to do that with requests but anyways keep putting in your input and check what you like the most in the poll.

Christuserloeser
September 23rd, 2004, 11:03
I came for the emus but I'm staying for the independent games :)
I really love the active scene and every new release...

About the emu-discussion:
It's possible to emulate PS1, NeoGeoCD etc, so SNES, MD & TG16, NeoGeo AES/MVS, Amiga will be fullspeed too.

SAT is possible because the SHx are somewhat compatible. N64 might work too... Who knows what will be 'fullspeed', who did it and when?

milfzor
September 26th, 2004, 01:47
well....i know that the n64 emu called corn can run mario 64 (with some glitches) on a 233....but that wouldnt really be worth the effort in my opinion.........well....i guess it would be cool to run all the PD stuff as well....i dunno how doable it is though.

wraggster
September 26th, 2004, 02:00
i ran corn on a p166 with a 4mb graphics card and 32 mb ram

BlackAura
September 26th, 2004, 02:46
Hopefully, the homebrew games area should start getting more interesting very soon... There is some pretty interesting stuff in development.

ron
September 26th, 2004, 04:49
I agree you and i will add that a lot of new DC emulators and games will come soon during the go of the last months of 2004. BE patient :D

Eric
September 27th, 2004, 09:39
well it looks like emulation is leading. I dont mind emulation but i thought people would also buy a dreamcast not just for emulation but for ports and homebrews.

Ian_micheal
September 29th, 2004, 00:44
Emulation is retro crazy which means retail games played for free on your outdated console dreamcast is coming up to 5 years old thats very old now for a console. I try to keep a balance of what i do ports/emu ports/ Ground up

last month this year you will see a lot of good games. Like whisper secrets 2 with full light wave rendered grafix and new features and video mpg cut scenes.

Should be worth the wait.

Every thing is fun. Long as more keeps coming out it will not get stale.

mh777
September 29th, 2004, 01:13
What's amazing about DCemulation? Me, of course. :)

/me waits for applause to die down.

Seriously, even though playing emulated systems on the DC is fun for the regular end-user, I think that the homebrew/ported stuff is more indicative of what folks can really do with the DC, and that's what I like.