PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP in Red, Blue and Yellow

wraggster
September 22nd, 2006, 16:30
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/tgs3_05.jpg

The Pink PSP was unveiled a few weeks back and now at the Tokyo Game Show Sony showcased a few design concepts of the PSP. The PSP was shown in a variety of bright colors like Metallic Red, Blue and Yellow along with the military camouflage design (which sucks). Motorola started the multi color concept for RAZR line of phones followed by Nintendo for DS Lite and the multi colored products were hugely successful. So dont be surprised if these concepts become a reality.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/tgs3_04.jpg

The Blue one gets the wraggster seal of approval, whats your fave.

Via newlaunches (http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/sony_psp_in_red_blue_and_yellow.php)

Poor-Kingz
September 22nd, 2006, 16:49
I like the camoflauged one at the top. It would go great with Socom FTB2!

Physicist
September 22nd, 2006, 16:51
not keen on red or yellow, blue one looks alright though. i also like the darker camo one, thats the one id probably buy if any.

Shuin0
September 22nd, 2006, 16:54
red and blue look pretty good to me. I'd go with the blue if I was buying one and of course those leet sunglasses better come with it

Broonale
September 22nd, 2006, 16:59
I don't care if they come gold plated with diamond buttons.

I would never buy a new one and be limited to UMDs!

RetroGoth
September 22nd, 2006, 17:06
if you are going to release different colors psps you should do that at launch time not years later. GoD!!

ExcruciationX
September 22nd, 2006, 17:16
I like the blue one...

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 17:21
My wife likes the red one, but she thought it was just the casing not an actual PSP. Anyone know where I can get hold of custom casing? (not just Faceplates, though)

splodger15
September 22nd, 2006, 17:28
I like the camoflauged one at the top.

same here

cloud_952
September 22nd, 2006, 17:33
Motorola started the multi color concept for RAZR line of phones followed by Nintendo for DS Lite and the multi colored products were hugely successful.

Okay.. let's try this again. Nintendo started the multi-colored product craze with a relaunch of the ORIGINAL Gameboy, which awhile after the first one was released, they released several more in red, blue, etc. O_o The Gameboy Pocket released in stores with several color choices. That was back in.. what, 1996? 1998? The GBC also released in several colors (I'm thinking 4).

So.. yeah. Motorola missed the "..started the.. concept.." by many, many years. ^_^;

Why do these video game news writers still have jobs? They suck. Beyond belief.

brainpan
September 22nd, 2006, 17:35
In th epost it said that Motorola started this trend with the RAZR but Nintendo has been releasing multicolored casings since the orginal gameboy. :)

mr_nick666
September 22nd, 2006, 18:04
not keen on red or yellow, blue one looks alright though. i also like the darker camo one, thats the one id probably buy if any.

Yeah... The blue is definately the best one :) Not sure about the camoflauge ones though.. - What if you put your PSP down and it mysteriously blends into the surroundings!? :eek:

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 18:23
Yeah... The blue is definately the best one :) Not sure about the camoflauge ones though.. - What if you put your PSP down and it mysteriously blends into the surroundings!? :eek:
Chameleon-style. Theft-proof PSP. Cool!

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 18:23
The red looks kick a** i dont like the banana or camou

gamesquest1
September 22nd, 2006, 18:29
i reckon the blue one is amazing and i reckon a grey camoflauge one would also be great urban camo:P

Hah reckon soldiers will be allowed the camoflauge ones and not get shouted at lol :P messin

F9zDark
September 22nd, 2006, 18:31
Why do these video game news writers still have jobs? They suck. Beyond belief.

Because most video game news authors (at least paid ones anyway) are journalists first, then say, "well since I like this *insert fresh off the distribution line game* I may as well write about games!!!111"

Its a sad world we live in... Just yesterday I pointed out a mistake in an article about that new MGS comic game.

Solidsnake3000
September 22nd, 2006, 18:38
blue is the shiznit

Solidsnake3000
September 22nd, 2006, 18:40
blue is the shiznit
they need to make a green psp everyone likes green
who agrees:D

gamesquest1
September 22nd, 2006, 19:26
they need to make a green psp everyone likes green
who agrees:D
maybe a really dark metalic green that might be nice:rolleyes:

Solidsnake3000
September 22nd, 2006, 19:42
maybe a really dark metalic green that might be nice:rolleyes:
yup:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YourStillWithMe
September 22nd, 2006, 19:45
Wow, another stupid method for Sony to try to get people to buy a psp. First it was the "faceplates" then it was White, then Pink, and now this lineup of different colors. We can personally color our psp's ourselves!!!!! Just buy some paint and be careful (Q tip for the tight squeezes for example) It isn't hard, just have one of your art nerd friends do it.

Sony---Try to release good GAMES with the contracts with the companies you work with, (Not Capcom classics, LocoRoco, a sorry attempt for a metal gear game, metal gear acid 1 and 2 and Coded Arms haha) STOP UPDATES, and start thinking about what the consumer REALLY WANTS.

John Vattic
September 22nd, 2006, 19:46
Great and right after I ordered a smooth as silk chrome faceplate!!!!!!!!

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 19:49
i still love mi metallic silver front and mi white psp id wish they make full cases not just the front plate.

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2006, 19:53
Thanks for confirming they don't seal the full casing Acidburn. My wife is gonna be p*ssed off!

Apoklepz
September 22nd, 2006, 20:01
I love the camouflaged one that's laying on top of the log with the binoculars...the other one looks like puke. ...But there's still no contender for my chrome little baby with aqua-light translucent buttons.

Solidsnake3000
September 22nd, 2006, 20:29
I love the camouflaged one that's laying on top of the log with the binoculars...the other one looks like puke. ...But there's still no contender for my chrome little baby with aqua-light translucent buttons.
iam telling u guys its all about the green and this is out of the question but i seriously think they should make another better gpsp

F9zDark
September 22nd, 2006, 20:32
Why do they bother introducing these new colors? I have yet to see any White or Pink PSPs sell in the US (which is where the PSP can gain the most ground, especially with a choice).

Sony is just retarded. I suppose their first business venture into the handheld market allows them to be so utterly stupid. Things Sony should have done AT LAUNCH:

- UMDs being accessible across all platforms (or drop UMD entirely and opted for miniturized DVDs and CDs)

- Full range of media capabilities

- Color choices: (full colors too, not just a face plate) Black, White, Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, etc, etc

- Two analog nubs (try playing any REAL fps game with 1 anolog stick.... Or least they could have done was put it on the side OPPOSITE the D-pad, but hell, that would make sense)

- Better WiFi antenna (the current one doesn't filter out enough noise, hence why any connection with 30% signal strength, doesn't work)

- More ergonomic design (anyone else suffer from pains due to the PSP's total lack of 'handles'?)

- More FIRST PARTY accessories (GPS and Camera, that may never see our shores... YAY!.... :mad:)

Thats just to name a few of the things that would have made the PSP dominate the handheld market if done AT LAUNCH.

Solidsnake3000
September 22nd, 2006, 20:56
Why do they bother introducing these new colors? I have yet to see any White or Pink PSPs sell in the US (which is where the PSP can gain the most ground, especially with a choice).

Sony is just retarded. I suppose their first business venture into the handheld market allows them to be so utterly stupid. Things Sony should have done AT LAUNCH:

- UMDs being accessible across all platforms (or drop UMD entirely and opted for miniturized DVDs and CDs)

- Full range of media capabilities

- Color choices: (full colors too, not just a face plate) Black, White, Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, etc, etc

- Two analog nubs (try playing any REAL fps game with 1 anolog stick.... Or least they could have done was put it on the side OPPOSITE the D-pad, but hell, that would make sense)

- Better WiFi antenna (the current one doesn't filter out enough noise, hence why any connection with 30% signal strength, doesn't work)

- More ergonomic design (anyone else suffer from pains due to the PSP's total lack of 'handles'?)

- More FIRST PARTY accessories (GPS and Camera, that may never see our shores... YAY!.... :mad:)

Thats just to name a few of the things that would have made the PSP dominate the handheld market if done AT LAUNCH. my brother u speak the truth sony is a dumb a**

Basil Zero
September 22nd, 2006, 21:08
ok, rather stay with the slick black color lol

Ci5tm Konfliqt
September 22nd, 2006, 21:20
i think the camo one rocks but wud be afraid of dropping it in a field and never finding it again...lol

Shadowblind
September 22nd, 2006, 21:54
What Sony doesnt seem to understand is, most people dont care about the PSP's colors. THEY WANT GAMES!!! GOOD ONES!!!!! Not rainbow colored PSP shells. :D

Ci5tm Konfliqt
September 22nd, 2006, 23:31
very very good point. roll on gta vcs !!

M!ckeY
September 22nd, 2006, 23:44
i think the red and blue look awesome :)

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 00:04
I like the camouflage one. I like my black the most though. :)

Prasoc
September 23rd, 2006, 01:17
The blue and red ones look really good! The yellow one looks like a banana or custard.

LilSwish722
September 23rd, 2006, 02:40
i like the blue and red ones...but if my psp gets bricked and i someone manage to raise 200$ again id get the blue one

Nikolaos
September 23rd, 2006, 03:16
i loooovvveee the camaflauge ones!

F9zDark
September 23rd, 2006, 05:08
What Sony doesnt seem to understand is, most people dont care about the PSP's colors. THEY WANT GAMES!!! GOOD ONES!!!!! Not rainbow colored PSP shells. :D

But gaming is not all that the PSP does... Sony dragged themselves into this rut when they decided to make the PSP a multimedia device that tailors more for adult users.

Sony should have either:
1)Made the PSP just do games and work solely on that
2)Make the PSP as it is, but BE SMART about it; not cut any corners, and give all its users what they want.

Wtf is the point to all these colors if they only come out in Japan? Or, the rumored White PSP in Europe. Seriously, if Sony is not going to cater to all their markets, don't bother wasting the money with R&D.

Sony came into this pig headedly, "we dominate the console market, so we will dominate the handheld as well". Sony may have dominated the handheld if the PSP handled everything that it was slated to do, flawlessly and above and beyond what any other handheld could do.

Sony had the power to turn their device into a dream machine FOR EVERYONE. But rather than work hard for what they want, they were arrogant and blind. Now the PSP doesn't do shit for any of its slated markets:

1)UMD movies and music failed
2)Audio player capabilities are sub-par
3)Movie playing is a pain in the ass, requiring conversion software
4)All of its games suck ass, are sub-par when compared to their console counterparts or are not designed in a way to make them highly playable on the low end graphics card (have seen screenshots of Tenchu? The view distance is EXTREMELY short, for a stealth game that is just pitiful...)

Here's a tip Sony: Spend your time, money and R&D bringing people what they really want out of their PSPs rather than stupid colors that are not available worldwide. Give us the keyboard, give us the external storage device, give us better movie, and music playback, give us reasons to love our PSPs, not reasons to buy MORE PSPs.

stotheamuel
September 24th, 2006, 02:13

ok then don't bother looking at this... you already have a psp... the people coming up with this stuff are trying to get new customers... not satisfy you

F9zDark
September 24th, 2006, 02:44
ok then don't bother looking at this... you already have a psp... the people coming up with this stuff are trying to get new customers... not satisfy you

But thats not a good business model, especially considering that consoles don't make the money.

A good business model is to keep the fans one has happy, because by word of mouth, those fans will attract others. What about the new users that buy, say a Blue PSP and goto the game store and realize that the PSP's games suck or its other features aren't up to par?

Its alot better having 90% of a 100,000 customer base who is happy and loyal to one's product than having a 90% of 1 million customer base who isn't happy.

stotheamuel
September 24th, 2006, 03:06
actualy... lol you would have more happy customers in the second one and would make more money..

10% of 1,000,000 = 100,000
90% of 100,000 = 90,000

F9zDark
September 24th, 2006, 04:27
Hmm... Minor oversight on my part, but nonetheless, my point of pleasing the market one has already attained still stands. If Sony worked on delivering more towards its current customer base, it may have a greater market share and wouldn't have to try and create new peripherals and color schemes to combat the DS in Japan (which is the only reason why Sony is doing this)