PDA

View Full Version : Wii Photo Channel - Latest Details

wraggster
September 22nd, 2006, 17:58
Seems like we've known all about the Wii's release date, price and many cool, user-friendly/idiot-proof features for an age already, so SPOnG just had to pinch its collective self when we were reminded that it was only this time last week we were sitting in the cavernous halls of London's ExCel, listening to Mr Iwata tell us all about Wii Channels.

We told you all about Wii Channels last week, and it's just come to our attention that Nintendo has updated the Wii.com website with a few more details and a handy little video outlining all the features of the Wii's Photo Channel.

Nintendo describe the Photo Channel as follows: "By using the SD Card Slot on the front of Wii, you can view the pictures and movies you have taken with your digital camera or mobile phone on your TV screen. With the easy-to-use software, you can easily select, enlarge, and reduce the size of your photos. In addition, there is a full array of other ways to enjoy your photos, such as scribbling messages on them and turning them into puzzles. The Photo Channel can also be used to communicate with family members or to exchange photos with friends and family via WiiConnect24."

Just as the Wii's Internet browser could be seen as a 'Tellynet for Tech-tards', something similar could be said of the Photo Channel, which is an incredibly easy to use photo and video editing suite for your TV, controlled via the Wii-mote. Just check the video out to see what we mean.

Opinion is currently divided in the SPOnG office. There is the populist camp, which declares the Wii's Photo Channel a significant USP for the console, claiming that it will be lapped up by the many casual users who might not be au fait with even the most basic PC- or Mac-based photo or video editing packages. Then we have the technical elite camp, who fail to see any long-term success for the Photo Channel, claiming that it is little more than a gimmick.

Let us know what you think? Do you think your non-gaming friends and family could be sold on Wii purely by demonstrating the Photo Channel's features to them?

Screen Via Comments

JKKDARK
September 22nd, 2006, 18:01
Nice news :)

CampaKaze
September 22nd, 2006, 20:32
They should attach a WiiCam

fg-54
September 22nd, 2006, 21:19
yea, that would be cool, just like the one for xbox 360.....but its not nintendo's style to copy someone elses idea.

bsg
September 23rd, 2006, 00:22
I saw that Nintendo LCD screens many times and I want it together with a Wii.

That Nintendo LCD screen is beautiful, it is widescreen, it can be attached to the wall and it has the same white color as the Wii.

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 00:29
That would be really cool bsg. :)

CrackA
September 23rd, 2006, 20:29
yup, i'll attacth it to my roof above my bed.