PDA

View Full Version : Rally-X DS

wraggster
September 22nd, 2006, 18:30
datafrog (http://teamnnc.free.fr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1449&sid=5ccd3ecbae518b2808e2a9f74bf1d0d0) has released a new game for the Nintendo DS, heres the release info:

Hi there

Rally X (for those who don't know) is a classic arcade game from 1980. It's one of those game I keep coming back to in my mame collection and thought would be perfect for the DS.

This is my first project and is nowhere near completion though I thought I'd post what I've done so far and see what kind of feedback I get. Graphics are simple but faithful to the original - just how I like it

Currently, you can drive around the map (same map as the arcade version) and that's about it. Like in the arcade game, if the car hits a wall, it will move and turn by itself when you're not controlling it with the pad.

I'm using the DS's hardware rotation to show the car turning. This doesn't seem to be visible on DeSmuME but works fine in Dualis and on the DS hardware itself

Things missing are a map and scoreboard / fuel status - these are all destined for the second screen.

It's also missing enemy cars, flags, rocks, splash screen, sound, etc. I'll be adding these things when I can and hope for completion soon

The car should also be aligned to an invisible grid to keep it in line with the map (in the arcade you could only turn every 16 pixels). At the moment it's free flowing - I hope to fix this soon.

Also, collision detection is functional but a bit jerky when you try to turn a corner just before you hit it - this is probably the next thing I'll be fixing.

By the way, if you can get the car to stop (jammed in a corner, please let me know how - it shouldn't be able to stop moving at all!

the .nds works fine on my GBAMP though I haven't been able to check the other builds (.sc and .gba)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 18:31
Nice keep it up looks promising

shertz
October 15th, 2006, 08:34
Dosent work for me. My DS crashes after it loads the game. I am using G6 flash with Passcard.

Vishal106
May 13th, 2007, 22:13
haha, classic!
love that game!

Buddy4point0
May 14th, 2007, 00:41
OMG!
i love this game!!!!
its so awsome!!!
thanks man

Hibiki
May 14th, 2007, 17:02