PDA

View Full Version : DS Blue - New Organiser Type App for DS

wraggster
September 22nd, 2006, 19:50
ThaKilla (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=103546#103546) posted this news/release:

I have been working on a new DS app for sometime now. (just learning how to program C and DS hardware) Also this thing has no name, so if you have any ideas, let me know.

It has a few built-in funtions that I think you all would like. After "Swap Screen"

A few notres on use:
this app supports a flip screen type interface (sorry cant think of a better way to say it), but what it does is allow you to swap screens without swaping out the main uitls for each screen. (i.e. Clock, Inet Activity, Curr AP, and the DS Owner name)

Also to return to the "Home" screen press the "Home" bar on the touch screen window. (Red bar at the top)

Wifi Modules
AP Finder (used to find and connect to a local AP)
Packet Spy (used to view data floating in the air, no recording and locks up every now and again)
Port Scan (can scan for open ports on a certian IP)

Shoutcast (does not work really, but the code should help others)
Its needs to be changed from using the sync method of libmad, to a frame based version.
Has support for multiple list (hardcoded at the moment :( )

Scratch Pad (will be removed)
was going to be a simple notepad, but the Calendar should take its place.

Remote Desktop (still a little buggy)
It allows you to connect to a PC (running the server program I made)

Calendar
It allows you to view a calendar and enter in text for a certain day. (this will sync with the PC app soon)

Config
Just pretty much Wifi Settings.

Desktop Sync (not implemented yet)
Will be used to sync up information between your DS and PC (mainly for the calendar at the moment, but will also include other settings)

The main reason for this release is more for Develpoers who are having problems to see how I got around them. This is no means the best way to do things, but hopefully it will help a few out.

Some Notes:
This is more of a learning tool than a real project, so there are bugs. A Main one is when connecting to an AP you must use the "Connect" button twice (think its a problem with the WIFI Lib)

Shoutcast does not work. It will read station info, but playing has been removed till i can figure out how to use libmad right.

Also the best way to use this, is by compiling the source if you want to change anything. (uses the latest Wifi Lib, and devkitpro r19)

To use the server program there should be a folder called "VB6\Install DSSErver" just run "setup.exe" if you dont have VB6. (If you do than the "Server App" folder holds the source.)

Note: with the "Remote Desktop" and "Sync" just must Stop and Re-"listen" to connect back. It was kinda thrown together.
Note2: the Develpoer tab is used to create graphics (using my own format) and creat code to use it, cause im lazy ;)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 19:53
sounds interesting will try it out and let you know. Keep up the good work

Weasel211
September 22nd, 2006, 19:54
looks nice. Testing ist tomorrow

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 19:55
WTF thats the second app i download today that the.rar contents are saying corrupt

muppetman2000
September 22nd, 2006, 20:27
I use The MMD, it load up ok but the only thing that works is the timer in the top right hand corner, not touch screen input or button input for now.

wraggster
September 22nd, 2006, 20:28
damn download link seems ****ed, ill upload again :(

wraggster
September 22nd, 2006, 20:34
uploaded but took out the source etc, for devs needing the source go to the original thread :)

pokothehobo
September 22nd, 2006, 21:03
sounds very cool

Bonic
September 22nd, 2006, 22:47
XD, this works just like beup on MMD, set the time to 00:00......THATS HOW IT WORKS!

JKKDARK
September 22nd, 2006, 22:56
it looks very good :)

Bonic
September 22nd, 2006, 23:11
How do I run DS Server?

kcajblue
September 23rd, 2006, 00:07
what exactly is this program?
from what i read it seems like DSOrganize with some different things.

zanysmash
September 23rd, 2006, 16:50
working great on SCLite!

The use of integrated nintendo wifi connection setup will be greatly appreciated!
Entering parameters of connection is boring and most tools of this app require the wifi connection... :(

It's really a promising app. Many tools are already available in this new upcoming app for nds!

kcajblue
September 23rd, 2006, 17:18
what does this app do?

linkenski
September 25th, 2006, 11:14
i wish Thakiller would release the source code soon. then guys like Brumi (the guy that converted DoomDS) could make a MMD version

tondopie
October 14th, 2006, 00:28
I use The MMD, it load up ok but the only thing that works is the timer in the top right hand corner, not touch screen input or button input for now.

i got the same problem muppet dude but change the time to 0:00

tondopie
October 14th, 2006, 00:28
i wish Thakiller would release the source code soon. then guys like Brumi (the guy that converted DoomDS) could make a MMD version

that wood B swet

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 00:41
tondopie dont double post.
use the edit button

Keile
October 14th, 2006, 00:59
Where is the program to use remote desktop?

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 01:01
that program is DSVNC

Keile
October 14th, 2006, 01:06
Thanks.

--Edit--

That is the DS program, i need the server that runs on the computer.

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 01:37
RealVNC

Keile
October 14th, 2006, 02:09
Ok, i got RealVNC, and the organizer, but how do i get it to detect the RealVNC? Like, how do i find the IP for the DS to connect to when it asks?

fstarter
October 21st, 2006, 18:03
One of the best little programs I`ve used in a long time love the AP sniffer great laugh Wardriving could do with a time stamp on the wardriving bit.

guillaumel
December 18th, 2006, 12:34
I download it but on my Max Media Dock (i'm not sure on the name ...) touch screen seem to dosen't work. if somebody can help me ...

andy,pipkins
April 5th, 2007, 08:14
good

theblueeyedninja
April 5th, 2007, 09:57
runs on my R4, well, at least the schedule does. Good start.

airesso
April 6th, 2007, 23:18
does this require any sort of dldi patching?

jsbabyjay
June 24th, 2007, 21:05
how do you actually get this prograsm to work like someone said above only the clock works nothing on the touch screen works. Please answer my question

masterchief929
December 22nd, 2007, 02:02
Touch Screen Doesnt Work And I Would Like An Update This Year!!!!!!!!!

Da_ALC
December 22nd, 2007, 10:30
Lol! Ditto!

cradleoffilthdood
January 6th, 2008, 20:45
I downloaded dsblue then put it on my card as .nds file. So then i went to try it out next, but it loads sucessfully but the touchscreen wont work the only thing that works is the clock on the top screen...

ball2012003
May 31st, 2008, 01:03
good

masterchief929
May 31st, 2008, 01:32
u have to reset your clock to 0:00. u guys had me thinking that there was an update. lol

waffle 10100
May 31st, 2008, 02:11
seems like a great project....still needs some work, and you can add some features such as irc.
if you code this well enough, you may beat dragonminded's dsorganize

masterchief929
May 31st, 2008, 02:28
waffle 10100: i think the project is dead.

Pcfreak
June 19th, 2008, 18:47
It would be a big los if this app project is dead.
It is already better then DSOrganise, but it just need perfection...

isn't there someone who wants to continue this project?

I give this project 10 out of 10 points!

DarjenRuler
February 28th, 2009, 16:08
It would be a big los if this app project is dead.
It is already better then DSOrganise, but it just need perfection...

isn't there someone who wants to continue this project?

I give this project 10 out of 10 points!

this software keeps freezing up my sd card and when it doesnt it still wont load up?

SBKT
May 12th, 2009, 06:09
It's a bit messy from the Thumbnail glances in Colouration. I joined just to try it and test it out. This seems promising for my constant travel and I needed something other than DSOrganize which constantly corrupts the entire contents of my MicroSDHC.