PDA

View Full Version : Cps2 - Cps2psp 1.0

wraggster
September 22nd, 2006, 20:15
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) has released a new version of his excellent CPS2 (Capcom Play System 2) emulator for the PSP, this release comes in 2 flavours, one with Kernal Mode support and one without, obviously kernal mode support will run much faster, heres the translated news from his site:

About Kernel Mode version
In order to start with Kernel Mode for, it just did, you do not use the function of Kernel Mode.
Usually, the difference with the edition some memory just increases, but TIFF loader after the eLoader 0.98
When you use with FW 2.5/2.6, because the memory which can be guaranteed is little, the person who used this is good
Probably will be.

Modification/correction item ver.1.0
Everything please delete ini file/state up to of beta 2 data.
Because of sense everything please do again to draw up cache file.

romcnv.exe was renewed to ver.5. Referring to details converter/readme.txt.
The mask processing of sfa2 and progear re-correction.
Correcting the mask processing of the opening demonstration of sfa3.
Correcting the trouble which the character name of msh is indicated to the rear of the character.
Because with mmatrix it has frozen after the name entry, correction.
Decreasing the size of cash file of mmatrix.
Correcting the mask processing of the ending of dimahoo.
The prayer number of people which are set with [sabisumeniyu], value of the coin input port just in the input button
 Way it reflects, correction.
The specification of zipname.dat a little modification.
Empty memory approximately 1MB increase. (As for Kernel Mode edition approximately 1.5MB increase)
Initial value of AUTO Flameskip modification to OFF.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatibility Reports Via Comments, Excellent Work NJ

pkmaximum
September 22nd, 2006, 20:17
Sweet a new version of CPS-2 with kernal support. Going to try this out right away =]

Baboon
September 22nd, 2006, 20:24
Ideal, i'll give this a go in a bit.

Thanks again NJ. :)

NovaKane
September 22nd, 2006, 20:26
I read somewhere else that the cache files have to be done over again. Can someone confirm this?

delt31
September 22nd, 2006, 20:26
guys let me know if there are any speed increases - i am at work

specifically sf2t or MVC

Baboon
September 22nd, 2006, 20:36
It doesnt seem much of a difference in speed, but i havent tested everything out yet.

...and I havent re-done any of the caches, just used the ones I previously had on the last Beta and they seem fine. :)

delt31
September 22nd, 2006, 20:39
I heard you need to re do them - that might be the diff

i have heard XMEN vs SF is almost 100 percent with kernel mode

NovaKane
September 22nd, 2006, 20:40
It doesnt seem much of a difference in speed, but i havent tested everything out yet.

...and I havent re-done any of the caches, just used the ones I previously had on the last Beta and they seem fine. :)

Cool, because I don't feel like doing them again lol. I'll try this out asap.

NJ pwns the homebrew scene once again. :cool:

jpolz
September 22nd, 2006, 20:43
OK...I'm still getting a "co-processor unusable" error/crash when it tries to launch a game. Happens with both kernal & non-kernal versions.

I have firmware 2.6 & eLoader v.99

Any ideas what's causing the crashes?

NovaKane
September 22nd, 2006, 20:56
I heard you need to re do them - that might be the diff

i have heard XMEN vs SF is almost 100 percent with kernel mode

Word? I'll try it with my caches first and see if I notice any difference. If not, then I might reconvert.

Sterist
September 22nd, 2006, 21:03
is it just me or does that translation make no sense lol

Basil Zero
September 22nd, 2006, 21:05
how big are the cps2 roms, never tried it out before..

Baboon
September 22nd, 2006, 21:11
is it just me or does that translation make no sense lol

B8a normally does this sites translations... I'm sure it will make a lot more sense once he's done his translation. :D

I'm off on my hols in a bit so i havent got time to try re-caching all the games. When I get back next week I'll see what everyones results are then.:)

NovaKane
September 22nd, 2006, 21:12
how big are the cps2 roms, never tried it out before..

They can go up to as big as 20mb+. Once you make the cache files for them, more space will be needed on your MS. If plan to have a lot of CPS2 roms, just make sure you have enough space.

Panini
September 22nd, 2006, 22:08
woo hoo. another update for cps2. :)

thank you. :)

fucht017
September 22nd, 2006, 22:09
I tryed SSF the new challengers,and must say it runs perfect now.And SFA3 got less hickups than before...Marvel vs Capcom still stutters a bit,but also runs a bit smoother...only the converter doesn't..well..convert...All in all it seems to getting better with every new release...I used the Kernel..And have a 1.5..Gret stuff NJ:D

matt2k
September 22nd, 2006, 22:19
Go back to NJs site. He has put up a fix for the rom converter. v6

Yasir Said
September 22nd, 2006, 22:19
sorry for my ignorance, but is the psp 1.0 and 1.5 kernal are different? So if i have a psp version 1.5, there would be little point of running the kernal version?

Or did he mean that the kernal was version 1.0

[sorry im confused :)]

can anyone clear it up for me?

Plowking
September 22nd, 2006, 22:28
I'm a bit unsure as to how games like MvC would run faster in kernal other than the standard frame rate level when no memory card access is happening.

The stuttering is caused by accessing the sprites from the MC, so I can't see why it would be faster in kernal...

Could be wrong........

pibs
September 22nd, 2006, 22:38
I'm a bit unsure as to how games like MvC would run faster in kernal other than the standard frame rate level when no memory card access is happening.

The stuttering is caused by accessing the sprites from the MC, so I can't see why it would be faster in kernal...

Could be wrong........

yea i don't know if the reading from the memory stick affects speed either but i have a highspeed sony 1gb and i do notice theres a slight faster speed using it compared to my friends regular 2gb

burrito
September 22nd, 2006, 22:39
What is this supposed to do on your PSP?

pibs
September 22nd, 2006, 22:46
What is this supposed to do on your PSP?
its a mame emulator for capcom games, like marvel vs capcom and etc..

jurkevicz
September 22nd, 2006, 22:47
What do you mean "what this is supposed to do???":eek:

siulmagic
September 22nd, 2006, 22:48
i can confirm MVS is hell of alot faster great release omg

burrito
September 22nd, 2006, 22:49
Why would most people know what CPS2PSP means???

siulmagic
September 22nd, 2006, 22:50
omg set 60 fps off and its like full speed jesus crist

siulmagic
September 22nd, 2006, 22:59
well the reads from memmory card are fasster in scandisck ons thant the sony ones cus scandisck have way better write/read speed

Pumped'Up
September 22nd, 2006, 23:05
Why would most people know what CPS2PSP means???
Yes that is right. Most gamers don't. I'm glad I do!...but then again, for me it's been a long time dream come true since the late 80's when CPS-1 games were at it's peak...wow, still can't believe we can play CPS2 games especially on our tiny PSP!

THANKS NJ!!! you are KING!!!!

jurkevicz
September 22nd, 2006, 23:07
I just hope NJ releases an updated CPS1 with Kernell access.

felonyr301
September 22nd, 2006, 23:21
guys i havent tried this emulator at all and i love fighting games like street fighter but been a little confused on the whole cache and stuff so would somebody explain to me how to do it just so i can experience this right. thanks.

hack.fool
September 22nd, 2006, 23:33
long time no see Nj.....
I'm tryng it now and I can see a little speed up on some games...
.....THANK U.........

M!ckeY
September 22nd, 2006, 23:41
omg!!! i need to try this out right away!!

Baboon
September 22nd, 2006, 23:49
Pocket fighter (and I love this game), SSF2 turbo, SF Alpha 3 and Xmen vs Street fighter are now almost completly flawless! :)

Marvel vs Capcom is still very stuttery, but NJ has said it would be practicaly impossible to get this running 100% on the PSP anyway. I'm just very grateful of whats been achievied now on my humble PSP. :)

I havent used the new converter yet, but I reckon i'll only bother using this (if it does make a difference) with big games like Marvel Vs Capcom... most of the other games seem spot on to me anyway with the previous cache files.

It's all good. :D

NovaKane
September 23rd, 2006, 00:00
Pocket fighter (and I love this game), SSF2 turbo, SF Alpha 3 and Xmen vs Street fighter are now almost completly flawless! :)

Marvel vs Capcom is still very stuttery, but NJ has said it would be practicaly impossible to get this running 100% on the PSP anyway. I'm just very grateful of whats been achievied now on my humble PSP. :)

I havent used the new convertor yet, but I reckon i'll only bother using this (if it does make a difference) with big games like Marvel Vs Capcom... most of the other games seem spot on to me anyway with the previous cache files.

It's all good. :D

Yeah I just tried all of my roms with my old cahce files and the most of the fighting games run just about perfect. Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter runs better than ever. MVC still has lag, but who cares. 60 fps w/o sound is good enough for me :) It's like having an arcade machine in your pocket!

Veskgar
September 23rd, 2006, 00:13
This is excellent news. I just for the first time tried NJ's CPS2 EMU and I was blown away. I remember reading a few months back that it would be impossible and now we have this.

NJ definitely sets the standard when it comes to
excellence and perfection.

I remember when we first saw NJ back in January or February and he was releasing a new update to NeoCDZ every 12 hours or so, LOL. Now look at all of the wonderful work he has accomplished for us to enjoy.

Thank you NJ!

guys i havent tried this emulator at all and i love fighting games like street fighter but been a little confused on the whole cache and stuff so would somebody explain to me how to do it just so i can experience this right. thanks.
Yeah, I too was at first intimidated by all of that but like most things with the PSP, its not as complicated as it sounds. Just put the ZIP file of the game in the folder with the cache program and start the caching. The finished cache file just goes into the cache folder and then you can run the game. Just download it and give it a try. You won't regret it.

pkmaximum
September 23rd, 2006, 00:50
Dam for some reason I keep getting a "error - scroll.penusage" its weird, and I don't really understand what this means. If anybody knows th meaning to this problem I would appreciate it. And yes I did re cache all my roms.

Edit::::

The proper error name is:

ERROR: Could not open file "tile8_usage (scroll1 pen usage)"

NovaKane
September 23rd, 2006, 00:53
Oh ****. I just reconverted Super Turbo and all the graphics/frames are back. NJ PWNS! I guess there is some benefit to updating the cache files.

strikingeuphony
September 23rd, 2006, 08:36
Oh ****. I just reconverted Super Turbo and all the graphics/frames are back. NJ PWNS! I guess there is some benefit to updating the cache files.

Yup, I don't know why everyone who replied here didn't recache their files first. Probably because they edited them all to save space, good thing my Xbox has all the origs. :D

Baboon
September 23rd, 2006, 08:53
As I said before all the games I've tried worked spot on. :) I havent had a go yet at re-doing the caches like you have done, but thats great if you say it makes a significant improvement. Even wiythout redoing them though this new version is much better to the previous one (apart from the new optimisations I guess it might be to do with the new use of Kernal??).

Whats Marvel Vs Capcom like now? ...that was one of the few games that seemed a bit jerky to me before?

We defo need a proper translator to get on the case though and let us know exactly what's the score with this new emu.

b8a
September 23rd, 2006, 09:45
So much for my theory about Wraggster finding a more accurate translation methoud! (!_!) I gave up trying to read that after two or three lines!!

A somewhat more readable translation of the news from NJ's page:

romcnv.exe (ver.6)
Fixed a bug where you couldn't convert by drag and drop.
If you don't convert via drag and drop, then there's no need to download this.
I've already swapped out the file included with the CPS2PSP executable file.

About the Kernel Mode version
I've only made it so that it loads in kernel mode, it doesn't actually use any kernel mode features. The difference between it and the regular version is that it doesn't load some excess drivers, so available memory increases slightly (300-400KB), there is absolutely no difference in the speed.
The amount of allocable memory when using eLoader 0.98 and later TIFF Loader on FW 2.5/2.6 is limited, so it's best to use this version in that case. (You'll still need to change loader099.cfg even with eLoader 0.99.)

Changed/Fixed Items ver.1.0
Please delete all ini file/state data prior to beta 2.
Pleas reconstruct all of the cache files just to be on the safe side.

-Updated romcnv.exe to ver.5. For details, please refer to the converter/readme.txt.
-Refixed the mask processing in sfa2 and progear.
-Fixed the mask processing in sfa3's opening demo.
-Fixed a problem where character's names would be displayed behind the character in msh.
-Since mmatrix would freeze after entering your name I fixed it.
-Reduced the cache file size for mmatrix.
-Fixed the mask processing in dimahoo's ending.
-Fixed it so that the value for number of players and coin insert slots properly reflect the input button.
-Slightly fixed the implementation of zipname.dat.
-Available memory has increased by about 1MB. (Increased by about 1.5MB in the Kernel Mode version)
-Changed Auto Frameskip's default value to Off.

About The Source Code
It's nothing much, but it's my plan as of right now to release it within the next few days. I'm currently adjusting the processing of the AdHoc sample, so please wait just a little bit longer.

When Using With An eLoader 0.98 Or Later TIFF loader
Please open loader098.cfg(loader099.cfg) in notepad or some other text editor and add the following.
[CPS2PSP_3CC97646]
#************************************************* ************************#
#* CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP 1.0 (Kernel mode version) *#
#*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*#
#* LOADER: 0.98 (TIFF loader) *#
#* TIFF: 2.0 - YES : Only the small size games can be played. *#
#* GTA: 2.0 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.01 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.5 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.6 - YES *#
ebootname=CPS2PSP 1.0
limitedMemoryManager=Y

[CPS2PSP_3CC97526]
#* CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP 1.0 *#
#*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*#
#* LOADER: 0.98 (TIFF loader) *#
#* TIFF: 2.0 - YES : Only the small size games can be played. *#
#* GTA: 2.0 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.01 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.5 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.6 - YES *#
ebootname=CPS2PSP 1.0
limitedMemoryManager=Y
I also looked through the emulator's readme and nothing really stood out as being new to me (although I didn't actually compare it against previous translated versions of the readme). If anyone has actually read through a translation of one of the older readmes and has noticed any possible differences, let me know and I'll check it out.

I think that this is new in the rom converter readme:

It's not very glamorous, but this is a conversion tool.
In ver.5 I've made it so that by using the "all" option on the command line you can convert multiple files at once.

For converting all of your files at once
-------------------------------------------------------------
1.Launch romcnv_all.bat by double clicking it.

2.Select your rom folder in the folder select dialog that is displayed.

3.If there are games that require conversion, it will start the conversion process.
If it doesn't locate a file to convert, it'll just skip it, so just wait until the tool is finished.

4.A file caller gameName_cache.zip will be created inside the cache file, so copy this over to the /PSP/GAMES/cps2psp/cache directory.
Also copy the original ROM file to /PSP/GAMES/cps2psp/roms.

5.If you launch the game it'll probably run.

Baboon
September 23rd, 2006, 10:01
Thanks again B8a for the more comprehensive translation. :)

I'm glad I didnt bother re-converting everything again because its very time consuming, plus all of the above changes seem to work fine anyway with the previous versions files: the text in MSH is now fine, Mmatrix does not freeze anymore(although I might change this one if it does now reduce the cache size) etc.

Thats a cool new feature though that if you use the new converter it does multiple files at once.

Its great having NJ the pefectionist working on these emu's. :D

Right, I'm off to Portugal now for my hols. :) ...I look forward to coming back in a week and seeing lots of fancy new updates for my PSP posted on this site. :p

NovaKane
September 23rd, 2006, 15:36
Yup, I don't know why everyone who replied here didn't recache their files first. Probably because they edited them all to save space, good thing my Xbox has all the origs. :D

Yeah, I ended up reconverting all of my games since I burned the roms to CD. That way, I could keep the stripped down roms on the PSP. :cool:

That and NJ updating the converter was a big help so I didn't have to rename anything like before. It was just drag and drop again. :D

pkmaximum
September 23rd, 2006, 17:21
Dam for some reason I keep getting a "error - scroll.penusage" its weird, and I don't really understand what this means. If anybody knows th meaning to this problem I would appreciate it. And yes I did re cache all my roms.

Edit::::

The proper error name is:

ERROR: Could not open file "tile8_usage (scroll1 pen usage)"

Still havnt soulved the problem guys =[

Mr. Shizzy
September 23rd, 2006, 18:25
I didn't have time to read all 5 pages of these posts, but NJ has released an updated version of his rom cache converter for the kernal mode version of his CPS2. Maybe you guys already have it? well just in case you don't, here it is:

NovaKane
September 23rd, 2006, 19:35
Still havnt soulved the problem guys =[

I reconverted a Darkstalkers game and it didn't work but I had the message you were talking about. I know I did everything right so I tried reconverting it again and it worked. I guess the cache missed a few files by mistake.

Maybe you should retry converting with that specific game. If it's happening with every game though, I don't know what else to tell you. :confused:

pkmaximum
September 23rd, 2006, 20:52
No good, I keep reconverting the roms, and I even downloaded the roms from different sites twice! Not mad at anyone but I can't understand on why the cache files are not registering the value of the roms correctly when they are converting.

if anyone has any other explanation I would appreciate it a lot =D

Mr. Shizzy
September 24th, 2006, 06:55
Did you try the updated rom converter?

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 06:58
works great with the update converter

Kyros
September 24th, 2006, 07:39
Great update but can't seem to exit CPS2 via Home on any of the games, I have to restart the PSP everytime I want to play a different game, is anyone else experiencing this and is there any solutions...thanx for your time.

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 07:53
press triangle and left trigger

darthhaze420
September 24th, 2006, 08:00
i have got marvel vs street fighter to work allmost at 100%and x-men cota but i cant even get marvel vs capcom to start can someone help me

Mr. Shizzy
September 24th, 2006, 08:09
Great update but can't seem to exit CPS2 via Home on any of the games, I have to restart the PSP everytime I want to play a different game, is anyone else experiencing this and is there any solutions...thanx for your time.

Or press Start & Select at the same time to bring you to the menu. Then select exit emulator with the "O" button. If your in the file browser when you first boot the emulator up , and you want to exit, press Triangle. Hope this helps. :)

Acidburn- I got the roms to run after "ripping them" . Turns out I was making two mistakes. First, it wont read a .rar file. After you extract the rom and delete the files you cached, you need to right click and select "add to archive". Then select .zip instead of .rar. My second mistake was I was zipping a folder with the rom parts in it. It would seem the emulator cannot read two files deep. You need to "select all" of the rom pieces and then right click and select add to archive. Hopefully this might help pkmaximum. :)

Darthhaze 420 - change the rom name from "mvsc.zip" to "mvscu.zip". That should work. :D

darthhaze420
September 24th, 2006, 08:13
can someone please give me a link to a site with a working marvel vs capcom rom it would be a great help ty

Mr. Shizzy
September 24th, 2006, 08:14
can someone please give me a link to a site with a working marvel vs capcom rom it would be a great help ty

Sorry, no linking to rom sites. Just read my above post, that should help you. :)

darthhaze420
September 24th, 2006, 08:34
it worked like a charm thank you MR.shizzy u r the man

pibs
September 24th, 2006, 09:56
I was skeptical at first about mvc being slower but was wrong cuz its less choppy than played in the beta plus some1 here said to put the sound off and it plays better and it was kinda true

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 09:57
I was skeptical at first about mvc being slower but was wrong cuz its less choppy than played in the beta plus some1 here said to put the sound off and it plays better and it was kinda true
You can add 0 to the data file and it will work even faster:D

pibs
September 24th, 2006, 09:58
thanks acidburn

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 09:59
No problem

Mr. Shizzy
September 24th, 2006, 15:09
You can add 0 to the data file and it will work even faster:D

Could you please explain. I'm exausted and it's just not sinking in.

pkmaximum
September 25th, 2006, 02:07
Man tried everything but I can't figure out why, my roms won't run, I got the same error as I listed above. And I re downloaded my roms, from different sites both times. And re updating my rom to cache converter.

I even redownloaded the emulator over and over again =[

SmashinGit
September 25th, 2006, 09:44
pkmaximum try reformatting your memorycard. I had this problem once, did that and everything was fine after.

pkmaximum
September 25th, 2006, 11:45
Perhaps, but man is that a pain XD.

Well thx for the help I will report back after school, and tell you how it goes for me =]

jurkevicz
September 25th, 2006, 22:21
minor update now it is v.1.0.1

pkmaximum
September 25th, 2006, 23:51
Yup tried the new update, and don't have the problem any more m8's =D

Ricardo Castelo
October 9th, 2006, 19:33
Hi! I've got one of the earliest psp's jap version - with a very fragile square button... it is used very much on the cps1 and cps2 emulators... is there any way to change the controls? thanks in advance....

Greg_Alexander
October 18th, 2006, 16:14
So, the only way I can get these games to work, is to have practically 2 copies of the same game(the original rom in the Roms folder, and the cache file(created by Rom Converter in the cache folder) ? CPS1 didn't require this.

darkelfv
October 31st, 2006, 18:12
This is great, getting games to work left and right, Yes you have to have both copies the cache and the rom, I have had better luck having the roms actuly located in the rom folder. Thanks alot nj this is awesome. Mars matrix rules, from dreamcast now to psp yay !!!!

BL4Z3D247
October 31st, 2006, 18:24
This is great, getting games to work left and right, Yes you have to have both copies the cache and the rom, I have had better luck having the roms actuly located in the rom folder. Thanks alot nj this is awesome. Mars matrix rules, from dreamcast now to psp yay !!!!
wait til MikeDX finishes the wifi version :D

chrono75
November 2nd, 2006, 04:05
Man, I've got Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter and I used the brand new converter and converted the file, put the ROM in the proper ROM folder on my PSP and then put the cache in the cache folder but when I try to run the game in the emulator a message pops up and it says it wont work. Can anyone help me?

baladorr
November 3rd, 2006, 04:38
is there any way to set dip switch settings for the machine itself? I want to set up super puzzle fighter 2 turbo to allow the piece to drop when you mash the up arrow key instead of having to hold the down arrow while the piece falls all the way down. I play it like this on GBA but itlooks so much better on cps2 :) Thank you so much for this great emulator!

mcleod
November 18th, 2006, 01:19
Well i guess im doing something wrong , but i've dowloaded about 10 diferrent MvC but i guess i keep doing it wrong .. I have puzzel fighter & stf 3 alpha working with no problem , anyone have a clue ?

mikebeaver
November 18th, 2006, 13:06
as far as i am aware any of the "vs" games are not able to play on this release.there was a youtube video of the next itteration on the forums a couple of days ago wwhich showed 2 psp's hooked up via wi-fi playing msh vs sf so i reackon its gonna be in the next update, just gotta wait and see my friend.
but i may be wrong as it seems previous posts on this thread have had xm vs sf working, :(

Baboon
November 18th, 2006, 14:42
is there any way to set dip switch settings for the machine itself? I want to set up super puzzle fighter 2 turbo to allow the piece to drop when you mash the up arrow key instead of having to hold the down arrow while the piece falls all the way down. I play it like this on GBA but itlooks so much better on cps2 :) Thank you so much for this great emulator!

Once you load up the game hold L, R and select and it gives you the options for the machines dip switch settings.

Well i guess im doing something wrong , but i've dowloaded about 10 diferrent MvC but i guess i keep doing it wrong .. I have puzzel fighter & stf 3 alpha working with no problem , anyone have a clue ?

Rename the 'mvs' rom to 'mvscu', then recahe it and it works fine.

as far as i am aware any of the "vs" games are not able to play on this release.there was a youtube video of the next itteration on the forums a couple of days ago wwhich showed 2 psp's hooked up via wi-fi playing msh vs sf so i reackon its gonna be in the next update, just gotta wait and see my friend.
but i may be wrong as it seems previous posts on this thread have had xm vs sf working, :(

All of the V's games work! ...but they dont yet work with mutiplayer (although this is being sorted hopefuly quite soon by MixeDX). :D

If you search this website you'll find that all of these questions have already been covered.

mcleod
November 18th, 2006, 16:55
Baboon Thank you for that info, its working now ... Is that the same with all the other Vs games ?

mikebeaver
November 18th, 2006, 18:22
hi Mc leod, ya he is right, ive managed to get msh vs sf and m vs c to work this afternoon, all i done was changed the name of the ziipped rom to "nameofromU" instead of "nameofrom" got all the info from this post...http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31448 so thanks to "Apoklepz" for that and also have a look on the 1st page "Kando" makes a valid point of how to save LOTS of space on your MS by removing duplicate files, ive tried it and works great, the sfa2 rom goes from 23mb to about 5mb!!!!! NB you have to do this AFTER you create the cache file..

@Baboon, im still a noob :( and am still having trouble with xmen vs sf, it gives me an error messag everytime I try no matter what I do, have tried a few different roms to no avail, any suggestions?ta mate

seanp2500
November 23rd, 2006, 19:19
I am rejoining the psp scene after a long hiatus where my psp collected dust as I sorted out my XMugen collection (I am playing a post of LINMUGEN on my XBOX called XMugen) I was interested in updating my psp emu collection and came upon this forum/post my my nice stuff here gentlemen (and ladies if there is one or two lol) WOOT WOOT!! It has been most helpful just wanted to contribute by posting power gear boots for me though a tad laggy PSP 1.5 4eva!!

mikebeaver
November 23rd, 2006, 19:55
try turning the sound emulation off, that way you'll get a litttle more proccessor power for the main game, ive been playing snk vs capcom all day on NGEPSP and it runs super smooth like that!!! although with the rom and the cache file it is about 120 meg!!
Glad the thread was useful, if yopu need anymore help just shout bro...

seanp2500
November 23rd, 2006, 20:52
Yeah it was def helpful...NGEPSP? i gotta check that out now dang it i can't keep up thanks for the tip

Baboon
November 23rd, 2006, 21:04
Yeah it was def helpful...NGEPSP? i gotta check that out now dang it i can't keep up thanks for the tip

NGEPSP is MVSPSP, it was just the working title of the beta to MVSPSP, all you need is MVSPSP (its the final tweeked version of the emu). NJ's other Neo Geo emulator was NCDZPSP, a Neo Geo CD console emulator... which also kicks ass! :D

mikebeaver
November 23rd, 2006, 21:26
you are a wealth of knowledge baboon, i just cant keep up, lol.
so from what you are saying, i would be better if i got NJ's MVSPSP instead of running NGEPSP, am i right?

Baboon
November 23rd, 2006, 21:51
you are a wealth of knowledge baboon, i just cant keep up, lol.
so from what you are saying, i would be better if i got NJ's MVSPSP instead of running NGEPSP, am i right?

Download 'MVSPSP 1.0 / Kernel Mode version (2006/10/22)' from here: http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/

If you havent got a 1.5 or 2.71se then opt for the non kernel one on the page.

MVSPSP 1.0 is the newest/last version which should make it the best of them all, but to be honest even NJ's beta versions were pretty much spot on. :thumbup:

Theres still no sound though for some of the larger games (snk vs capcom etc), there just to big for the PSP to handle.

mikebeaver
November 23rd, 2006, 22:00
Thanks just been looking for his web site, lol.should i re-cache the files?will they run smoother/ be smaller with the new convertor?

seanp2500
November 23rd, 2006, 23:09
honestly I have been toying with this neo geo emulator and though it is condensed from the neogeo cd emu i use to run sze wize i liked that one better and It had sound wierd...

I dont want to sound ungrateful but take a game like sam sho that needs the music ya know....

The cps2 on the other hand this emu is a smash hit with me as far as games like dimahoo giga wing and progear....

Pocket fighter works great for me. Sadly I cannot insert a coin in Super street fighter turbo? Odd maybe bad rom file? I also get an odd message for Xmen vs Street fighter when I try to load (yes I have read and renamed to romfilenameu.zip and cached that) says bad crc32? so I guess try and get more than one region version on my card? Oh well It is fun. Thus far i was most impressed by progear oddly...I dont like fighters on the psp the d pad just dont feel right.

Street Fighter alpha 3 booted for me but was really laggy are people playing without sound on that one? what are your settings please post

Street Fighter Alpha 2 not too bad without sound but i like sound lol Just wanted to share I dont know if you guys are familiar with irshell 2.2 but I like looping music with that and then playing n64 mario (that emu does not suport sound at moment) on my psp as another thread member here suggested in the daedalus thread mentioned...I wonder if we can do that with this emu

19xx works good....
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo works good (great game if ya ask me had never played it..)
Mars Matrix works good
Puzzle Loop 2 works great (great game btw)
Battle Circuit works good
tried sfa2 with ir shell 2.2 playing music in background seemed to work fine...

mikebeaver
November 28th, 2006, 17:57
@seanp2500

my SFA 2 is pretty much perfect, make sure you have raster effects, video sync and frame skip OFF! this also works well on SFA 3 and XM vs SF to.
You will have a small amount of lag at the start of a match as the MS is loading the animations to RAM, but they should all be of a good, playable speed.
I also like music while playing and if your using irshell you can set the game to not emulate sound, exit the emu and re-start it through irshell with the music of your choice.hope thius helps ya out.
By the way, does anyone have any news on Mke DX's wifi version and how it's comming along? cant wait to get my hands on it.