PDA

View Full Version : SNEmulDS compatibility list

DimensionT
September 22nd, 2006, 20:17
I've started a compatibility list for the new Snes emulator for DS. It's based on pervious lists for SnesDS/Snezziboy, and is very easy to navigate.

SNEmulDS Compatibility list (http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS_Compatibility_List)

Green=Very playable, with little or no graphical errors.

Yellow=Partialy playable, or playable with serious graphical errors.

Red=Fails to load, crashes, or unplayable because of serious graphical errors.

Feel free to add to the list, but please follow the same format that I did.

Or, if you want to submit games in this thread, please be as discript as possible. Including the region of the game, what glitches there are, and how they effect gameplay.

I'll be looking through the posts in the previous SNEmulDS topics and adding what I can to the list... So if your posts didn't include the regions or other important info on the roms you tested, I'd appreciate it if you edited or reposted them. It'll make my job much easier :D.

Arimasen
September 22nd, 2006, 23:20
Everything is red for me, program loads but gives an "Initialize FS" error.

telboy007
September 22nd, 2006, 23:50
I can't find my original message now but in the alpha version topic I added a list of games with pretty much every bit of info you have in your list. :)

Found it (all ROMs european by default unless stated otherwise):

A lot more works on this than snesDS but it is a lot slower, that's not a complaint thought! This is great stuff.

Running DS phat with original PassME, GBAMP and a 1/2 meg Kingston CF card - nds file in a SNES folder and the ROMs in root.

ROMs I've tried that work...

Super Ghouls N Ghosts (turn off BG3 - 35% speed)
Wing Commander (very buggy until mission starts - 33% speed)
Super R-Type (50% speed)
Gradius III (50% speed) <American>
Super Turrican (problem with background - 50% speed)
Super Turrican 2 (33% speed)
Super Aleste (background problems - 50% speed)
Darius Twin 2 (67% speed)

ROMS I've tried that don't work...

R-Type 3
Final Fight 3
Super SWIV (don't get past 1st splash screen)
The Chaos Engine

ROMSs I've tried that are unplayable...

Might & Magic III (corrupted gfxs) <American>
Final Fantasy IV (corrupted gfxs, text doesn't appear) <No idea!>

kcajblue
September 23rd, 2006, 00:00
finally a compatability list.

DimensionT
September 23rd, 2006, 19:29
@telboy007: Thanks, that's perfect! I'll add those to the list as soon as I can.

Everything is red for me, program loads but gives an "Initialize FS" error.
Which version are you using? If you're using the one with support for roms over 2megs you have to have the emulator AND roms on the root of your memory card. If you're using the older one, put your roms in a folder labeled "SNES".

For both versions, make sure your roms don't have any wierd symbols in their names. For example, change "Super Mario World (U)[!].smc" to "Super Mario World.smc". I think commas and dashes "-" will make it have errors as well.