PDA

View Full Version : Will You Ever Out Grow Video Games?

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2004, 08:27
I woke up this morning asking myself... Am I immature? Alot of kids i know outgrow video games, but not me.. Do I have some kind of problem or something? I plan on buying video games the rest of my life! I am only 18 (still in training to be an adult) and i hope to get a Nintendo DS soon! I spend money to tweak my xbox and I have a pretty big library of games that is still growing! I like my video games more than my girlfriend because they don't call me all the time and bother me! In fact, what do you think im doing when she calls?! I am playing video games. AM I NORMAL!?!? OH MY GOD! Will I play untill im old and gray?! -no offence to waggster. :P

wraggster
September 5th, 2004, 11:27
hey cheeky twat :P

seriously most people never outgrow video games, i work with a 65 year old who is mad on games and i know plenty more like that.

so its a no

Christuserloeser
September 5th, 2004, 11:45
No. ;D

...but one always should remember that real live comes first and then the entertainment and the scene.

Chris

Mental2k
September 5th, 2004, 16:16
I hope not, but the more new games that come out the more i find myself loving retro games, 2D especially, is there going to be a time when I can get games I like any more and so will be foreced to give up because of it?

souLLy
September 5th, 2004, 18:28
I woke up this morning asking myself... Am I immature? Alot of kids i know outgrow video games, but not me.. Do I have some kind of problem or something? I plan on buying video games the rest of my life! I am only 18 (still in training to be an adult) and i hope to get a Nintendo DS soon! I spend money to tweak my xbox and I have a pretty big library of games that is still growing! I like my video games more than my girlfriend because they don't call me all the time and bother me! In fact, what do you think im doing when she calls?! I am playing video games. AM I NORMAL!?!? OH MY GOD! Will I play untill im old and gray?! -no offence to waggster. :P

i'll still have a games console when i'm 80... but my girlfriend comes before games i'm affraid... note the spelling of the word comes... ;)

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2004, 19:11
i'll still have a games console when i'm 80... but my girlfriend comes before games i'm affraid... note the spelling of the word comes... * ;)

you know.. i wouldnt have though about the spelling until you pointed it out. ;D

curt_grymala
September 5th, 2004, 20:46
I will always enjoy video games. More importantly, I will play my Dreamcast until I am no longer able to find a working DC console.

Mental2k
September 6th, 2004, 13:35
who said probably?

curt_grymala
September 6th, 2004, 14:41
who said probably?

It was a guest, so I guess we'll never really know. I didn't realize that guests were allowed to vote in polls. ???

Cap'n 1time
September 7th, 2004, 18:00
my bad... i allowed guest too. i feel bad now... like wagg said.... i am chinky (what is chinky?!)

wraggster
September 7th, 2004, 19:12
a chinky is a chinese person:P

i called you a cheeky T.W.A.T ;D

Cap'n 1time
September 8th, 2004, 15:50
oh.... thanks. :P

kezlad
September 10th, 2004, 14:40
I don't think that people that like video games will ever grow out of them. They are like stuck in your brain but you have passion with it as well 8)

VampDude
January 2nd, 2007, 01:29
NOPE, wont ever grow oput of videogames!

TacticalBread
January 2nd, 2007, 02:11
Way to bump up the oldest thread on the entire site :p

scarph
January 2nd, 2007, 02:12
hmph i might
i really have no desire to buy the ps3 or any next gen consoles. i'm 16 and i've been playing games since i was born but theres no innovation anymore.

I mean no one could ever get tired of tetris. But i don't think i'll ever set aside time to play video games. i think ill play some occasional counter-strike when im really really bored.

lololol the bump is funny
before psp came out i believe

SSaxdude
January 2nd, 2007, 02:15
Vampdude how many pages did you need to go through to find this thread.

Destroyer699
January 2nd, 2007, 02:16
Nope. Never.

Abgoj
January 2nd, 2007, 02:34
HELL NO:eek:. Videogames are just too great. And I can only see them getting better in the future.;)

wolfpack
January 2nd, 2007, 03:05
i dont think ill grow out of it, my 40 somethin year old uncle plays war games till his thumbs bleed... (actually i dont know if his thumbs bleed) and my dad is about the same age and hes the same way

gunntims0103
January 2nd, 2007, 03:29
i will never out grow video games! i actually enjoy playing classic games and creating games and apps.

Il probally be playing games until the day i die :D

Shadowblind
January 2nd, 2007, 03:48
Put it this way....if they thought we would ever grow out of it, would DoA Extreme 2 have come out? Or what about gears of war?

scarph
January 2nd, 2007, 04:07
what,
that makes very little sense.

obviously gaming companies dont want people to grow out of games, but people are going to.

just like i've just recently grown out of disney movies.

SSaxdude
January 2nd, 2007, 04:26
The current generation of gamers will play games for more years than past gamers, and I image future gamers will play games longer than us.

As for me, I'll probably stop playing games as much, but I will never give up videogaming in whole.

scarph
January 2nd, 2007, 05:20
yea my 55 year old dad loved atari
he had every game
but he hasnt played a video game in like 30 years

the_eternal_dark
January 3rd, 2007, 08:12
Just like marriage, 'till death do us part!

Classics, homebrew, next gen, what's not to like?

*edit* why did I just post here?

dejkirkby
January 3rd, 2007, 08:16
I'm 26, and I'm still gaming strong. My wife is 30 and she still plays games everyday.

scarph
January 3rd, 2007, 08:57
older women eh

the_eternal_dark
January 3rd, 2007, 09:00
older women eh

That's the best, is it not?

shadowprophet
January 3rd, 2007, 12:46
This thread is old!!! it looks like it was made way back when 1X was still a noob:eek::rofl:

And we all know 1X has been here since before the dinosaurs roamed the earth:thumbup:

Awesome find!! Im gonna sticky this for nostalgia:thumbup:

Shrygue
January 3rd, 2007, 13:11
As far as I can see from here, I'll still be a high-time gamer for ages to come. I've played video games since 1995 and I see no end to it.

pt9087
January 5th, 2007, 04:23
No way

Apoklepz
January 9th, 2007, 17:49
N-E-V-****in-E-R!!!!

...Even though my wife begs to differ.

The Hombrew Hunter
January 10th, 2007, 21:43
Probably not.

As long as my kids play video games, the games of MY age (I'll dig out the Wii and tell them how old it is, then show them the NES. Blast from the past. Woo.) I'll be playing the games with them.

Ommadon
January 12th, 2007, 12:23
No NEVER!

BrooksyX
January 12th, 2007, 23:38
I will probably give it up for the most part when i get married but I am only 16 now so I got at least 6 ~ 10 years.

gdf
January 13th, 2007, 21:54
i've been playing for over 10 years and im just 15, but even if i get married i'll never stop. i'm actually worried incase i: a) Go blind, and thus can't continue to play; or b) Get arthritis in my fingers from playing games, and thus can't continue to play.

mcvader
January 13th, 2007, 22:08
I'll never stop playing video games but i'm sure the time will come when I am no longer interested in the new games/consoles coming out and just stick with the retro games. I hope I've still my console collection when I'm 80, I wonder what people who aren't gonna be born for 20 yrs will make of a NES.

Carter_23
January 15th, 2007, 15:11
Why stop playing? :)

VampDude
January 23rd, 2007, 18:25
Vampdude how many pages did you need to go through to find this thread.

I don't quite remember, but it was quiet and boring here when I found this! :D

Cap'n 1time
January 31st, 2007, 17:23
well 2ish years later (after my first post in this thread) It seems I am still playing video games. Not as frequently of course, but I'm still in the loop :).

- still cheeky.

dejkirkby
January 31st, 2007, 17:59
Well, I'm 27 next week and my gaming is showing no signs of stopping!

VampDude
February 3rd, 2007, 03:15
Well, I'm 27 next week and my gaming is showing no signs of stopping!

you're OLD! lol

mexicansnake
February 3rd, 2007, 05:18
you're OLD! lol

Nope he isnt old...
Im older btw:( .

jk

VampDude
February 3rd, 2007, 05:45
Nope he isnt old...
Im older btw:( .

jk

lol, you wish...

...dejkirkby is old thou! lmao

ganonbanned
February 5th, 2007, 19:17
lol no is this some kind of sick joke?

dejkirkby
February 5th, 2007, 19:23
Vampdude, I'm not old, I'm middle-aged!!

jman420
February 7th, 2007, 06:53
I would have to say, you will find things that are better than video games. whether it be college, beer, movies, reading, or my personal favorite, significant others.

I am a dude, right, as if my name doesent give it away or anything... anyway... I used to play games constantly, get stoned, play video games... and in my spare time, I would work on my own games, well... I started school, quit working on my own games, still played em tho... then I met the love of my life, and havent touched my XBOX, GC, PS2, or PSP for games since... my girlfriend is far superior to video games ever could have been... I still use my PSP to play music, and the occasional PS1 game if I get bored enough, but man, once you find somthing better, games can go to hell lol...

thats my two cents, and I'm sticking to em... should wash em off, but I like em...

VampDude
February 8th, 2007, 16:08
Vampdude, I'm not old, I'm middle-aged!!

lol, middle aged is usually somewhere between 40 and 50 :rofl:

I heart Nintendo
March 6th, 2007, 04:19
NEVER! I enjoy 'em far too much.

WESTOMOPRESTO
March 6th, 2007, 04:24
i am already growing out of it...... but the wii came out o no! im back in. lol

Cap'n 1time
March 6th, 2007, 05:52
i am already growing out of it...... but the wii came out o no! im back in. lol

Thats an excellent reason actually.

Shadowblind
March 6th, 2007, 05:54
Due to the profession I wish to have in the future, although unrelated whatsoever to video games, it will always keep me interested in them, for the career may sprout a few VGs...

VampDude
March 7th, 2007, 10:08
I'm losing interest at the moment, but that's only because there is'nt yet a good enough selection of Exclusive games on the Wii...

...I'm waiting for Resident Evil and Mario, which they will bring me back to my old gaming self! (hopefully)

SnesR0X
March 8th, 2007, 06:28
Getting more into it than ever with all the new consoles, and going on rampages looking for old ones too!

chrono75
March 13th, 2007, 20:39
Will men ever stop thinking about women?

Arun70
March 28th, 2007, 09:50
I guess I´m growing out of it... I used to play a lot more video games when I was at school. Now I work at a computer all day and i´m glad when i can do somehting which doesn´t have anything to do with computer... but i still like to play arcade games sometimes

Classic80s
April 5th, 2007, 00:10
When I grow up I wanna be just like them

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/30/arts/30seni.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

gamerremag
April 6th, 2007, 23:37
i dont think i ever will... im actually going to become a 3d animator, im decent with 3d models...just not the animating (whoo hoo CADD classes)

i know my ps3 wont get old (as in not being played) because i didnt eat lunch at school to get it...same for the wii. I just wish there were more games for the wii. When is Metriod: Curruption coming out? i thought it was suppost to be out by now? oh yea, mario is delayed to what september. *sigh* i guess ill just have to get used to playing Resistance, Motorstorm, and whatever else i have on the shelves at my house.

gunntims0103
April 6th, 2007, 23:47
Once Bleach heat the soul 4 (PSP) comes out. Ill be fully devoted to playing that game and you probally won't see me post for a while. :D

SnesR0X
April 12th, 2007, 07:54
Once Bleach heat the soul 4 (PSP) comes out. Ill be fully devoted to playing that game and you probally won't see me post for a while. :D

When does it come out? (I have 1+ 3)

VampDude
April 13th, 2007, 01:55

hopefully! http://atypically.net/smilies/nod.gif (joke) lol

The King
April 13th, 2007, 02:00
il bever grow out of video games its one of my life passions lol

VampDude
April 13th, 2007, 02:57
il bever grow out of video games its one of my life passions lol

nope, you probably bever will! :rofl:

White_Hawk_UK
April 15th, 2007, 20:13
Grow out of games? That's blasphemy! How could such a question even be asked?!

No, seriously though - as good as games get, I remember when I was a kid playing on my wood-effect Atari console, before I ever got my hands on a Commodore 16, and dreaming of the amazing games I could expect in the future. The Matrix, Star Trek Holo-decks, Red Dwarf TIV games, all as nothing compared to the possibilities conceived-of by my infant brain.

Now, with the way games technology has almost lived up to expectations in such a short time-frame, those possibilities are closer than ever!

I'll give up gaming when I'm bored of dreaming. :P

Bradman
April 17th, 2007, 10:26
No way, I've been a gamer since I was 4, and I'll be a gamer forever :)

VampDude
April 22nd, 2007, 22:21
No way, I've been a gamer since I was 4, and I'll be a gamer forever :)

and how long ago was you 4? :p

I've been playing VideoGames for a good part of 20years, the first thing I can remember playing was a silver coloured pong thingy on a 14" tv, then some game on a ZX Spectrum 2, then I had the world of Atari 2600 which was short lived by me getting a NES when I was 5 which when I was 8 I got a GameBoy and a MegaDrive and when I was 9 I got a SNES, when I was 12 I got a Sega Saturn when I was 13 I got a GameBoyPOCKET+Camera&Printer, when I was 14 I got a N64, when Iwas 15 I stopped hating the PSone so much and traded just about everything (megadrive,saturn,snes,gameboyPOCKET/CAM/PRINTER, and loads've games) for a brandnew "DualShock" PSone with a 1mb SONYmemcard Spyro Tekken3 TombRaider3and GTA, when I was 16 I got a GameBoyCOLOR to play Pokémon (as sad as that sounds) when I was 17 I recieved my first DreamCast for my birthday, I got a PS2 on launch day, when I was 18 I got a GameCube, when I was 19 I found a WonderSwan whilst in America so I bought it, I also bought a GameboyAdvanceSP at the same time (to play YuGiOh), when I was 20 my GameCube died so I played PS2 instead but that died too so I bought a slimlinePS2, I bought another GmeCube when I was 21, I bought 2 PSP's when I was 22 plus a 2nd DreamCast, I got an Xbox360 for my 23rd birthday but didn't want it cause it wasn't a Premium pack Xbox360 which little less than 2 months later I got a Wii (well 2 cause I sold one on ebay)...

...Wow that's my story, which I am sure there is some stuff that is missing but this is all I can remember in a span of tying this in less than 15 mins which now my brain is on the blink! :eek: :p

White_Hawk_UK
April 23rd, 2007, 19:29
Wow - that's some list.

In my case, my parents weren't particularly well-off, so my gaming history is sporadic.

I had an Atari VCS (a 2600 before they were called "2600"s)... or should I say, my dad had one when I was yay-high to something not very tall. He sat up for a couple of days once, just to see what happened when you maxed-out the level counter on PacMan.

It resets to zero, by the way. He was very disappointed.

Can't be bothered trying to remember the chronology, but my history took a twist with a cast-off C16, and I reprogrammed the very BASIC 'Mr. Puniverse' so I could shortcut through a radioactive room and complete the game. I then had an Atari 520STFM, which further tickled my geeky-bone. I moved on up to the heady heights of a super-fast 16MHz (25MHz with the turbo button down) Octek 386 mainboard, custom-built PC... but I never did get around to installing a sound card.

At one time or another, I had both a Sega Megadrive and a Playstation (pre-dual-shock), and during a long, penniless stay in Ireland, my old, decrepit 386 died a noisy death - the hard-drive's heads fused to the disk one day, tore away from their armatures, and made a lovely crunching noise as they were spun into a thousand little, burned-out pieces inside the drive unit.

The Playstation (now dual-shockified) saw me through some miserable times until my return to London, whereupon I embarked on a new project. The PC I built back in 2001 is the one I'm using right now... though there is little of the original hardware installe din it any more; mainboard, CPU, RAM, hard drive, and graphics card have all been replaced in the last half a decade, such is the pace of evolution in PCs.

This Christmas gone, I purchased a PS2 for my old man. My dad has now completed Resident Evil 4's various modes (including Pro) several times, and complains that other games just don't match-up to it. I think he'll probably go in for another blast on it when he gets bored of his latest purchases.

I can't play on the PS2 for long without getting extremely frustrated with the joypad's severe limitations as compared to my trusty high-res optical mouse and keyboard (supplemented by a Thrustmaster DualPower for the odd racing game), but it keeps my dad happy for hours on end.

I never did learn much more about coding. I realised in time that I hadn't the skill or patience to code anything half as well as it had already been done a thousand times. Nowadays, my fast-aging PC gets treated more like a games console that just happens to be good at other things too.

Strange how things work out.

dhraad
May 1st, 2007, 06:45
I dont think I'll ever grow out of video games. I'll probably slow down my playing time in a few years (i'm 25), but I dont think that quitting and not playing again is something I have in me.

And I've been free of Magic the Gathering for 2 years! Tried to quit a couple of times before and got pulled back in. At least video games didnt form horrible money costing withdrawls like Magic, since I have an extensive library of games!

VampDude
May 31st, 2007, 08:54
At least video games didnt form horrible money costing withdrawls like Magic, since I have an extensive library of games!

Cool, I have an extended games library. I have a collection here (at my parents house), and a collection at my grandparents house...

...Thou I miss my collection at my grandparents house, and I've started re-buying games I already have on the Sega Saturn the Dreamcast and a few games on the Wii's Virtual Console.

I'm addicted to videogames! (both new and old) :D

SnesR0X
May 31st, 2007, 23:51
I have many, many games. Not nearly as many as I would like though :D

VampDude
June 2nd, 2007, 01:04
I have many, many games. Not nearly as many as I would like though :D

Cool, why don't you have as many as you would like? I have more than enough games to start a small Retro-Rental service, thou I would "never" lend any of my games to anyone (because I'm like that) :D

Vampbri-n
June 2nd, 2007, 18:52
im going to work for nintendo, so in a way im not growing up which is awsome.

VampDude
June 2nd, 2007, 19:19
im working for nintendo, so in a way im not growing up which is awsome.

Can you prove that?

Vampbri-n
June 15th, 2007, 23:38
my bad i meant i going to sorry for the counfusion

parkermauney
June 16th, 2007, 03:53
Good luck with that.

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 07:19
Good luck with that.

He's gonna need it! (the luck) lmao :rofl:

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 12:04
yeah me and1,000,000,000,000 other people are going to try and get the job, luck is all i have at this point.

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 12:36
If games just start to miraculously just get terrible, I don't see an end for me.

White_Hawk_UK
June 16th, 2007, 14:20
lol - if Vampbri-n gets that job, and Nintendo's games just start to get terrible, then you know who to blame! (only messing, Vampbri-n) ;)

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 14:29
its alright man, i just want to work in the music field.

pt9087
June 16th, 2007, 14:34
This is a very old thread\! should leave it|!

S34MU5
June 16th, 2007, 14:40
Its a sticky you tard. always open for discussion.

Simple answer - I will never grow out of games.

pt9087
June 16th, 2007, 14:44
Wow Little boy you used a big word! :thumbup: there is a first for everyone!

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 15:26
Lol, tard isn's a big word. Encyclopedia is a big word.

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 16:06
i thought discussion was the big word

the_eternal_dark
June 16th, 2007, 16:55
Maybe, but he's still an evil bean.

VampDude
June 16th, 2007, 22:02
Maybe, but he's still an evil bean.

You eat beans! :rofl:

Vampbri-n
June 16th, 2007, 22:39
bean wasn't really my choice of words.

VampDude
June 17th, 2007, 00:29
bean wasn't really my choice of words.

You also eat beans!

Vampbri-n
June 17th, 2007, 00:33
i like coco beans better

VampDude
June 17th, 2007, 01:07
i like coco beans better

Coco I think is the name of the monkey in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on Megadrive/Genesis :p

Vampbri-n
June 17th, 2007, 01:11
never heard of it sorry

VampDude
June 17th, 2007, 01:14
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/b/b0/260px-C-aosth2.jpg

This monkey, who was also on the cartoon (alongside Scratch and Grounder)

Vampbri-n
June 17th, 2007, 01:17
OMG i remember this, this show was my childhood savior from boredom, i don't know why i can't remmeber why i don't remember the monkey?

VampDude
June 17th, 2007, 01:20
OMG i remember this, this show was my childhood savior from boredom, i don't know why i can't remmeber why i don't remember the monkey?

The monkey wasn't so regular to the cartoon, but he was a cool baddie for Sonic & Tails.

Vampbri-n
June 17th, 2007, 01:48
oh ok then, hey Vampdude clear ur PMS.

VampDude
June 17th, 2007, 01:54
oh ok then, hey Vampdude clear ur PMS.

I'm not clearing my PM's, I'm fedup with people like SMASHWHAMMY spamming my inbox with junk...

...Back to the Sonic subject, the cartoon series was cool - there should be somewhere where it can be watched online

Vampbri-n
June 17th, 2007, 02:00
youtube?

VampDude
June 17th, 2007, 02:26
youtube?

Maybe, but not all the episodes...

...there should be sites like quick silver that has them all, cause the Sonic cartoon was cool

Vampbri-n
June 17th, 2007, 11:51
yeah it was, maybe somebody who really likes soic should(i mean die for him)lol

VampDude
June 17th, 2007, 20:46
Sonic is one of the greatest videogame characters of all times, I know he's gone downhill lately but Sonic still rules...

...I mean if he didn't there wouldn't be compilation game packages being released all the time, the PS2 has 2 and the PC has something like 3 or 4

Vampbri-n
June 17th, 2007, 20:48
sonic vs. goku from dragon ball z who would win?

VampDude
June 17th, 2007, 22:57
sonic vs. goku from dragon ball z who would win?

Sonic, more people grew up with Sonic. Goku is just a third party character from an animé, Sonic had his own animé but the games were first so Sonic would win...

...And that is not the name of the topic, so stop breaking away from the topic at hand!

Kulawend
June 19th, 2007, 17:54
*snip*

Vampbri-n
June 19th, 2007, 18:45
wow thats really well thought out, your really wise.

Sonicboy 101
June 19th, 2007, 18:49
Sonic is one of the greatest videogame characters of all times, I know he's gone downhill lately but Sonic still rules...

...I mean if he didn't there wouldn't be compilation game packages being released all the time, the PS2 has 2 and the PC has something like 3 or 4

I agree completely. Sonic rules whatever happens. :thumbup:

Vampbri-n
June 19th, 2007, 19:02
even if he might get his ass beat by goku.

maxipower90
June 19th, 2007, 23:21
the day i die will be the day i stop, and when daedalus 12 comes out, i will be refreshed.

Vampbri-n
June 20th, 2007, 00:18
revieved you mean?

VampDude
June 20th, 2007, 01:07
No nothings wrong with you, video games are just a form of entertainment, just like watching TV or listening to music, but trust me, your with the big kids now. Theres nothing like the feeling you get when you install a mod chip into your ps2 for the first time and push that power button. If you feel like video games are taking over your life you should stop though. Instead of playing video games all night why not go to a concert? Do something else that you like to do. If you REALLY REALLY like video games you should try to get a job with them, then you can be sure that its a job you'll love.

I don't know if I'm going to be playing video games for the rest of my life, but I'm sure as hell not going to stop now!

No, just get a job that you can spend as much time after playing... I work shifts, so I have loads've time to play (days and days) :D

Such a pity I can't play as much tomorrow thou :( although that's what the PSP is for! (sneakily playing whilst working) :D

Vampbri-n
June 20th, 2007, 01:33
thats what i do all the time when im at school, and if they accecpt me at gamestop then i will try to do the same there.

SnesR0X
June 24th, 2007, 23:33
thats what i do all the time when im at school, and if they accecpt me at gamestop then i will try to do the same there.

you'll get fired if you do that all the time

VampDude
June 25th, 2007, 00:21

you'll get fired if you do that all the time

He's only 15, why would GameStop give him a job??? :confused: :rofl:

kcajblue
June 25th, 2007, 02:21
you can work at gamestop when youre 15.

VampDude
June 25th, 2007, 02:30
you can work at gamestop when youre 15.

You can't work in game stores here in the UK unless your 18, I had to wait until I was 18 to get a job in Blockbuster as some movies/games hold an 18 age rating (some goverment thing)

kcajblue
June 25th, 2007, 02:41
in the us you can.

VampDude
June 25th, 2007, 02:52
in the us you can.

Cool, but in the U.S. you have to be 21 for things like drinking whereas in the UK the legal drinking age is 18! :D

kcajblue
June 25th, 2007, 02:54
lol. that doesnt ever stop anyone from doing that stuff.

VampDude
June 25th, 2007, 03:08
lol. that doesnt ever stop anyone from doing that stuff.

lol, I remember staying at a hotel in Dallas Ft.Worth and I asked for a beer and they wouldn't give me one cause I was 20 and not 21 - the idiot's I'm British, and I was already allowed to drink! lmao

White_Hawk_UK
June 25th, 2007, 12:22
...but you were in their country, therefore restricted by their laws. :P ;)

VampDude
June 25th, 2007, 15:27
...but you were in their country, therefore restricted by their laws. :P ;)

I know, which sucks! lol :p

DarthPaul
July 24th, 2007, 15:43
Video Games stink and DCEmu too. *runs out*

Lol joke,videogaming is like an addiction,like drugs. It's not easy to get out of it.

Mr. Shadow
July 24th, 2007, 15:45
I play video games when im not on the computer. Or i do both at he same time.

VampDude
August 1st, 2007, 21:09
I play video games when im not on the computer. Or i do both at he same time.

I multi task also, I browse the net and watch T.V. on my PC and play video games at the same time (I'm very thankful for the pause button) :)

Mr. Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 21:10
Yeah while i wait for something to do i need to do something else otherwise i lose interest in what i was originally doing.

JPJunkie
August 2nd, 2007, 11:20
Simple answer to this thread............NO!!!!!!:)

kjetil1991
August 2nd, 2007, 20:26
im just 16 but no i dont think i can live without games =P

JPJunkie
August 3rd, 2007, 12:02
im just 16 but no i dont think i can live without games =P

Most people who go on this site are obsessed with video games so it kinda just makes sense that we all wont grow out of them

Mr. Shadow
August 3rd, 2007, 12:34
Most people who go on this site are obsessed with video games so it kinda just makes sense that we all wont grow out of them

True! BUT people can change without themselfs knowing.:D

Vampbri-n
August 4th, 2007, 15:42
True! BUT people can change without themselfs knowing.:D

nobody changes

VampDude
August 5th, 2007, 01:19
nobody changes

Are you sure about that?

JPJunkie
August 5th, 2007, 11:43
nobody changes

I know people who have changed

Vampbri-n
August 5th, 2007, 12:18
Are you sure about that?

yes you and me are perfect examples:rofl:

Mr. Shadow
August 5th, 2007, 12:19
I think you mean that only you have changed.

urnext
August 5th, 2007, 17:15
never!

acn010
August 5th, 2007, 17:23

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/ThatStupid.jpg

Mr. Shadow
August 5th, 2007, 18:19
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/ThatStupid.jpg

10:rofl: out of 10:thumbup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JPJunkie
August 5th, 2007, 19:04
never!

Bet thats the last post you will ever do!

errrrrrrrr back to topic!!

I like video games:thumbup: :thumbup:

VampDude
August 5th, 2007, 20:25

Explain then, cause I am clearly nothing like you. I for one am smarter, also I have respect on these forums whereas you have none. You are just a VampDude wannabe who failed, you fail at life!

SilverSony
August 5th, 2007, 20:49

Hey

Silly querie, i am 46 years of age, and i love video games and consoles, and will have them forever ??? But my girlfriend is more important and she understands my addiction/craving for the latest consoles and games???

Here is a list of my gear, without bragging???

Sony PS3
Sony PSP
Sony PS2
Sony PS1
Xbox 360
Crystal Xbox Version 1.1
Hitachi Digital Projector
Subwoofer sound system??/

Enjoy life, and do not worry so much :-)

acn010
August 5th, 2007, 20:55
46??? holy crap!!!
lol
im 19 im still a gamer >.<

JPJunkie
August 6th, 2007, 15:19
46??? holy crap!!!
lol
im 19 im still a gamer >.<

I no people who are older than 46 who are still gamers

Vampbri-n
September 8th, 2007, 20:31
PPl over 35 should get more of a life than coming here. And the answer NOOOOO Im 16 and I love video games.

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2007, 21:36
PPl over 35 should get more of a life than coming here. And the answer NOOOOO Im 16 and I love video games.

Age shouldn't matter

cal360
September 8th, 2007, 22:23
I will never grow out of games it's something to back away to when you think everyone hates you :D.

Elmarco
September 8th, 2007, 23:11
Will i ever grow out of games? Simple answer. Yes. But not for a loooooooooooooong time. :)

JKKDARK
September 8th, 2007, 23:42
I don't know, I'm just 19

DarthPaul
September 9th, 2007, 18:01
Well I know I answered this not too long ago. But I would like to say something.

Years ago,I enjoyed video-games like hell. I always said that I'm a video-gamer,because I play them since my child-hood,well.. I was a baby,like 5 years old. But I really was just a fan months ago. I only read about them because I used to play a lot. At that time,I only played games for like 20 minutes daily,I got bored so quickly. "Why?" was my question,and some weeks ago,I got my answer.

The answer: Piracy + Fast Internet Speed

I found out the way how to download and play games without buying them,illegally. And downloaded games like daily. I didn't even have the time to play one,I just kept downloading and downloading. It was so boring.... I had in mind that video-games were not for me anymore. Maybe I grew up or something? Maybe games aren't that good anymore?

But now,since some weeks ago,I bought an Xbox 360. And guess what? Everytime I turn it on I play for hours,and I turn it on almost every day. I'm so glad to "be back"! Thank you Microsoft for making this awesome system! Thank you Charlie for selling me your Xbox 360! Thank you developers for making so great games like BioShock and Gears of War! :)

ZE1DA
October 17th, 2007, 21:59
im 20 and its starting to waver a bit now, i only get the urge to play games when i see a new game that i love like half life or mgs or gta otherwise ive almost broke my addiction lmao

fpcreator2000
November 7th, 2007, 20:45
I think the word "yes" should be removed as an answer from any question that pertains to this subject.

ShadowKnight
December 2nd, 2007, 02:12
I am 40 and have actually just started playing home console games in the last 4 years. Have had a X-Box, sold it, and just bought my first PS2 in March 2007. In the 80's as a teen I always hit the arcades with pockets full of quarters. Had an Atari when they first came out too. Forever Young should be the mentality, while maintaining responsibility when required. PEACE!

king-killa
January 27th, 2008, 20:41
I hope I don't, because even when you're older it would be funny to see how much you suck at video games (unless, you're so sad that you play sooo much that you're still a master at 40+)..

Eviltaco64
January 27th, 2008, 23:35
Video games have always been around me as long as I can remember. So for me its kind of like watching TV. If I feel like playing them, I will. No addiction, no need.

alan.j
January 28th, 2008, 08:39
I have limited my game playing these past year or so because I am never have time to play.

tuddy
March 30th, 2008, 19:56
Na, I doubt I'll grow out of videogames, they've been an important part of my free time since I was a kid, and I've grown up playing 'em. Even though some people think I should stop playing "kiddies" games like Ratchet and Clank (btw, I'm 16); I can only say 2 words to them- these words rhyme with the phrase "Duck Jew".

darkeclipse7243
April 17th, 2008, 06:06
I will never out grow video games. they are just too fun

PX1296
July 17th, 2008, 02:22
I really have no idea if I will ever grow out of video games. It depends on how much free time I have (If I have a job that doesn't leave me with much to time play games) and my physical condition in the future (If I lose my hands or have arthritis or something then using a controller is out of the question, unless games become playable with mind control by then).

I think I probably will someday.

White_Hawk_UK
July 17th, 2008, 03:14
Mind control won't be necessary - with a pair of augmented reality goggles and a couple of control buttons large enough to thump at feebly with your withered stumps, the real world need only be a grand arcade of virtually limitless gaming possibilities and applications. Seriously, search for Augmented Reality in Google and YouTube. If you find it, you'll love the first-person recording of Ewok Rampage on the demo guy's desktop (not his Windows Desktop, the one with his keyboard on it). Look out for Darth Vader's victory celebration. =D

mye01
July 31st, 2008, 09:00
i dont think so..cant imagine life without them!! hehehe..God, i need them i need to relax..i need to have an outlet..:thumbup:

barney1972
September 21st, 2008, 00:22
well im 36 and still mad for games :-)

Triv1um
September 21st, 2008, 01:34
I'm not sure what i posted in here, but if i said i will not grow out of them, I lied.

Of course I will, I'm not saying I wont play the odd game when im older, but there will be a time when i don't buy the new consoles and don't even care to.

We all grow up, and then we hit times when gaming is the last thing on our minds.

mina
September 25th, 2008, 17:39
I don't think so.... too much fun

Virii
October 19th, 2008, 01:10
I will never outgrow video games.

cartwright
October 19th, 2008, 21:55
I doubt it! Especially since I'm trying to get into the industry! XD

nickgeeson
November 5th, 2008, 15:59
Lately I haven't played many games but I used to play them like crazy... Maybe growing up is what stops people from playing games as much as when they were kids...

One thing however... I'm getting bored of Final Fantasy... I've beaten them all except 11, 12 and X-2. I like GTA and Gun still tho but don't play much.

I guess I'm currently growing out of video games...

mina
November 6th, 2008, 01:55
I don't think so but i know the amount of time spent playing at a young age will definitely change as you get older, or it should :)

Sonicdude1995
November 12th, 2008, 15:54
mayb i'll still play video games even i'm in my seventies lol!

desiree
November 20th, 2008, 20:15
Yeah i do think the amount of time spent playing will change as you get older because then you will have more responsibilities as you get older and less time to play games

RedKing14CA
December 7th, 2008, 05:37
seriously i think i AM outgrowing video games, they have gotten boring and don't hold the same shine and glow they once had for me.... :(

desiree
December 8th, 2008, 16:49
really :eek:

Twinights
December 10th, 2008, 00:11
never ever ever!
tho its harder to get games now cause im so poor >.<

DPyro
December 10th, 2008, 02:01
It's easier to get games now that I have a job...but I don't have time to play them :(

Blue Protoman
December 25th, 2008, 14:49
I'm only 14, so I'm not bored of video games yet.

I wanna be a video game designer when I grow up, so having a love of video games might be good thing. :P

dvidguy08
January 3rd, 2009, 08:54
I'm 38 and still a gamer... I mean I just enjoy them when I have the time. Gaming doesn't mean you won't do well in life... http://photosnag.com/img/1820/y08m1110mhmd/2.gif.

The very first game I owned was head-to-head baseball. Research it on google and see the dinosaur of gaming... http://photosnag.com/img/1287/i08u1206uukw/thmbup.gif

Blue Protoman
January 3rd, 2009, 22:43
You mean that LED handheld thing? (by Coleco, I think)

quicksilver02
February 2nd, 2009, 06:17
hey there! just new here

if your just playing the game in moderation, no probs, ill be a gamer forever :)

mike_jmg
February 4th, 2009, 06:21
I was pretty sure I had a post around here but I couldn't find it, so:

Would I ever out grow videogames?

I don't think so, I like them too much, guess I'll be a gamer for life

quicksilver02
February 21st, 2009, 08:38
it will be nice if your father's a gamer too, you'll go head to head in starcraft or red alert :P, well my father's friend is a gamer and they said that they play like generals and they play at night then they finish at past midnight

Malksta
February 22nd, 2009, 02:36
I would like to be a gamer forever, but gaming seems to lack the creativity it once had and by this I only think games will be getting worse and worse until all we see in stores are "Soulja Boy: The Game". :(

ThatotherPerson
January 25th, 2010, 22:41
I had a friend who when we where like 10 said something about not being sure that he should still be buying video games because he would be too old for them soon or he said that he didn't think he should get anew console because he would outgrow video games before he got much use out of it or something like that. As if at some pre determined upcoming age he would magically never want to touch a game again and would be shunned if he did. I dont remember exactly what he said. But the point is that he was an idiot. I still heart my video games and always will.

White_Hawk_UK
January 26th, 2010, 00:25
I turn thirty-two shortly. I should also hit level 70 and activate prestige mode on Modern Warfare 2 soon. I know which I'm more excited about. =D

InvaderMooch
July 7th, 2010, 19:30
heck yea!! Video games give ppl reason to not go kill other people... (<---- not sure what that actually means)

Eviltaco64
July 8th, 2010, 02:21
I like playing video games and I've been playing them as long as I can remember, but there are things far more important in life.

If I'm caught up with other things, I usually have no time to play video games at all, but when I finally do have time to play them again, I really enjoy it. Believe it or not, I think it helps channel anger for me. :P

So, will I stop playing video games? The answer would most likely be no. ;)

VampDude
July 8th, 2010, 18:27
Currently for me, the answer is still NO... Having purchased another PS3, this time an original 60GB model with a bundle of PS2 and PS3 games. :cool:

I have too many games to even consider out growing video games, too many consoles even. :p

jonron
July 20th, 2010, 13:20
I always find it very funny when I see how much my father likes computer games. When he discovered them for the first time, he played every day with them :-) And he never really grew out of it

fpcreator2000
July 23rd, 2010, 22:01
I am an adult and still rock my games like it's 2099, but at the same time, I've learned to put the controller down. I don't fiend for them as I used to do. There is a certain magic that has somewhat disappeared as I've grown older. For example, when I was younger, you would present me with 2 choices and video games was one of them? Video games would win. Now, give me 2 choices and one happens to be a woman's( .....well you know....), I would have to ask you one question, what is a video game? I'd ask it as I do a swan dive into .....well, I'll let your imagination figure that one out....

Hmmmm!!! Delicious!

trigazer
August 1st, 2010, 19:39
i wish wish my girl would shut up about games being childish and play some games with me. lol. it all started when she couldn't play Mario Bros. when she was a kid. i remember when i was 5 learning about hand and eye cordination. I guess she's a natual quitter and that's why she uses that excuse. lol